Originally Posted by rurik92
yes my screen was unlocked, I am not too sure what you mean by all roms are already unlocked. The main problem I am having is when i go into marketplace, try to get a game, it says 'Can't get this info right now. Check back in a little while.' Someone said in previous posts these steps must be done in order for the marketplace to register the phone as a WP7.
5. Connect your phone to pc and make sure zune is running in background;
6. Run the unlocker (ChevronWP7.exe) and click unlock button(Make sure your phone date is set correctly)
(you need to close skype and disable network adapter.. hamachi.. wireless.. Dropbox.. etc)
7. Install toms .xap installer;
8. Deploy Connection Setup.xap, Touch Xplorer.xap and XBMODDeployer.xap (Install it on the phone and run XBMODDeployer.xap);
9. Copy the .provxml from the ringtons folder to the windows folder (on the phone using touch explorer app);
10. Run connection setup to install the .provxml;
11. Call Microsoft helpdesk and ask them an activating key for your hd2 (don't pm me for the key)
12. Setup up your live ID and enter the activation code (on the phone).
you don't do all these steps...never to connect to marketplace. the provxml was for when you had problems with connecting to your carrier.
all you need to do is flash your rom...setup/connect to your live account...at which time you will need to enter the activation code from microsoft. once you activate your phone you can connect to the marketplace.
you should activate your phone via wifi...go to htc marketplace...d/l and install connection setup. this will set the phone to your carrier for mobile data. download all the apps you want from marketplace.
chevron was needed, back in the day, as a separate install so people could sideload apps outside of marketplace. chevron is built into all the roms now to unlock the os for sideloading. read my link to installing wp7 in my signature.
sideloading apps is why chevron is needed...like i said it's built in now in all wp7 roms on xda. learn how to sideload apps.
and your error message from marketplace is due to marketplace not being available at the moment (happens once in a while), you don't have a mobile data connection (run connection setup or use wifi for data), or your phone is not properly activated with a code and live account info.
which wp7 rom do you have installed?
btw...you don't need to be connected to zune to access or install apps from marketplace. besides, microsoft will soon eliminate purchase/install of apps via zune for wp7.
Simple Mobile HD2
| XBMod-Yuki (BTTF) WP7 Mango 8107 with SP1 & Android AOKP34 ICS4.0.4 SD Dual Boot | MAGDLR 1.13 |
Yuki/XBmod Base Rom v2.1
How To Install WP7 On The HD2
Flashing your First GSM USA 1024LEO ONLY!!