Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: If you got a warranty for your phone what did you get?
Sprint phone insurance ($7 per month) 36 63.16%
InStore warranty plan ($Varies) 3 5.26%
SquareTrade Warranty ($125 w/o discount) 2 3.51%
Other (What did you get?) 0 0%
No warranty/insurance 16 28.07%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Warranty for HTC Evo Shift

OP G.D.Carter

15th January 2011, 12:42 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 129

635 posts
More
i'm worried about accidentally getting it wet or dropping it and ****in up the plastic or something. i'm pretty sure best buy's insurance covers those so i'm good
15th January 2011, 02:42 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 7

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5ifty

Ditto, my wife droped 2 palm Pres in toilet.

If we had sprint ins. After the first palm swim we would be screwed... sprint doesn't cover water damage.

BBY FTW!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

#1. Your wife needs to never ever carry her phone with her anywhere near a bathroom ever again...

#2. Sprints TEP covers Physical Damage, Liquid Damage including Water(sinks,toilets,lakes,baptisms ect.), it also covers loss of phone ex: theft, loss due to drunken nights, spiteful ex's ect... Any replacement due to loss, theft, or liquid damage, are covered up to a maximum of three times within a twelve month period.

You might want to do research first.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App
16th January 2011, 08:00 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Sprint Warranty/Insurance
Looked into it. Sprint TEP now covers, since Oct. 24, 2010, manufacturer + loose charge ports, cracked screens, basic physical damage, within reason. The $100 deductible is only charged for lost, stolen, wet, or damaged beyond repair to the extent that the circuit board is showing/bent (i.e. run over by a truck.)

Evo Shift 4G + Sprint Total Equipment Protection!
16th January 2011, 06:21 PM   |  #14  
Flag Battle Creek
Thanks Meter: 2

139 posts
More
Thank you for the clarification,last time I looked into it at all was last Feb, I was unaware of the update. Sorry for the faulty info.

And by the way I have a 2year old son who likes mommy's phone...the water damage wasn't her fault lol

17th January 2011, 01:42 AM   |  #15  

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5ifty

Thank you for the clarification,last time I looked into it at all was last Feb, I was unaware of the update. Sorry for the faulty info.

And by the way I have a 2year old son who likes mommy's phone...the water damage wasn't her fault lol

Hahaha okay having a two year old explains it all. For a while there I was wondering how someone could drop there phone in the toilet twice, without learning their lesson :P

17th January 2011, 06:42 AM   |  #16  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Eldridge, IA
Thanks Meter: 1,063

1,196 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboroninja

Hahaha okay having a two year old explains it all. For a while there I was wondering how someone could drop there phone in the toilet twice, without learning their lesson :P

I dropped my Hero in the toilet once (glad it was clean water, lol). Shut it off immediately, removed the battery and let it dray all day. Still works like a champ. Well, it did until I exchanged it for a refirb the same day I upgraded to the Shift. The stupid trackball was acting weird, always had really.
20th January 2011, 08:42 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
another "water treatment" is to put your phone in a bath of DRY rice (totally surrounded, and I would pull back off, battery out and submerge each piece individually and leave it like that for a day. The rice is supposed to absorb the water out of the phone. I luckily have never had to do this, but I know people that have and it worked for them.
26th January 2011, 11:57 PM   |  #18  

218 posts
^ Did you say "bath of dry rice"? Interesting.
3rd February 2011, 08:30 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 11

131 posts
More
That's only if you drop it in a bowl of Kung Pao Chicken!
4th February 2011, 09:26 PM   |  #20  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 21

557 posts
More
If you were ever worried about sprint not taking a water damaged phone than jsut say you lost it or it got stolen.

I mean sure you are lying, but who cares =P

I had insurance on my HTC Touch Pro and it got lost and then someone stole it. I tracked it to a house but I never called the police. (Yes I should have)

I decided to use my insurance, but when I found out I had to pay $100 deductible I said forget it. THe ended up being a waste of what.... Had the phone 13 months at $7 a month ... $91. Seems like the insurance is pretty much a rip off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc evo shift, replacement plan, warranty
Previous Thread Next Thread