Tools needed on PC before continuing:
1. Windows Development Tools - CLICK HERE
2. Zune PC App - CLICK HERE
Windows Development tools will take some time to download and install so be patient!
1. Download Chevron - CLICK HERE
2. Put ChevronWP7.exe in root of your C:/ drive
3. Download chevronwp7.cer - CLICK HERE
4. Attach chevronwp7.cer to your email and send to yourself. - Open up the email on your HD2 (I used google mail) and click the attachment once will turn into shield, Click attachment again to goto install screen and click install.
5. Now on your PC plug phone into USB and run Zune. (run as administator) ChevronWP7 in C:/ drive. - tick both boxes and click unlock. Now exit.
1. Download XBMOD Deployer - CLICK HERE
2. In your Windows Development tools you installed earlier there should be an application called "Application Deployment". Connect your phone and open the program and install XBMODDeployer.xap. This extracts the provxml into /My Documents/My Ringtones/.
3. Download TouchXplorer - CLICK HERE - and install this .xap the same way as step 2.
4. Using TouchXplorer copy the file in /My Documents/My Ringtones/ to /Windows/ , overwrite if asked. - Give it time to open the Windows folder it takes a while.
5. Download HTC Connection Setup - CLICK HERE - same as above deploy to phone.
6. Open HTC Connection Setup and setup your network.
7. If your camera setting are not showing, in settings region, change display language to: United States. - this shouldnt affect anything if you are in a different country. Im from UK
I hope this Tutorial was wasy for you to follow. Any problems I'll be happy to help.
Chevron Tutorial and Download
Manually edit registry
Tom XAP Installer
Apps for HD2
Frequently asked questions:
Cant Sync phone or cant get phone connected to any of the programs? Make sure you have everything installed correctly and make sure your Phone is AWAKE!!
Having problems installing any apps? - Use Toms little app HERE
Camera Settings not showing/working? - change display language to: United States.