Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rom manager not working, any simple alternates?

Tip us?

Megacamz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Rom manager not working, any simple alternates?

I managed to root my phone and install Rom manager from the marketplace so I could flash a stock 2.2 rom (instead of the 02 one I have)

But I cannot get it to boot into clockwork recovery or install from SD card.

any ideas?

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1,485

DONATE TO ME
Moving to Q&A SECTION

Wot phone is it 02 or at&t you need to install streakmod recovery or clockwork mod recovery
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20

Megacamz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufc View Post
Moving to Q&A SECTION

Wot phone is it 02 or at&t you need to install streakmod recovery or clockwork mod recovery
Its 02, I installed Rom manager (previously clockwork mod). I successfully flashed the recovery but when It reboots it doesn't boot into recovery.

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1,485

DONATE TO ME
Flash THIS Recovery
Or THIS Recovery

And both will let you into recovery but you can only flash a custom rom with those recoverys

If you want to flash THE OFFICIAL 2.2 Then Flash THIS Recovery

Hope that helps
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20

Megacamz
Old
(Last edited by Megacamz; 13th January 2011 at 11:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Edit: Ah posted at the same time.. will have a look and report back shortly, thanks!

EDIT 2: Ok, had a look.... how to I flash recovery's? ROM manager has the option to use different recovery greyed out? And there no way im doing that fastboot, takes far too long!

nickshertzer
Old
Thanks Meter 597
So have you figured out that ROM Manager doesn't work for the Streak?

Hmm... QDL and Fastboot seem to take a little less time than say AT&T OTA :P

Start Here:
http://streakdroid.com/?page_id=92

nicolas russell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What I missed ? Everytimes , I tries to flash a new rom on my Dell Streak , with Rom Manager , when I finished the step " reboot and install " , then my Streak simply rebooted and then no further action taken .

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
(Last edited by Strephon Alkhalikoi; 29th October 2011 at 04:33 PM.) Reason: Missing word in last sentence.
Thanks Meter 415
To everyone trying to use ROM Manager on the Streak:

STOP!

ROM Manager has never worked on the Streak and continuing to try to use it will only result in headaches on your part. The only accepted method of flashing a ROM on a Streak is through the Recovery. Speaking of the Recovery, it should NOT be Clockworkmod, because that recovery doesn't work properly with the Streak. Streakmod is the recommended recovery.

Now, had you ROM Manager guys actually searched the forums you would have found this out rather than posting yet another thread on how the app doesn't work.

Next time use the damn search engine on this site. It's not there just to make the site look pretty, and in using it you will in fact be following the site's rules.

Any questions?
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC | PseudoCream

alperin1
Old
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi View Post

Next time use the damn search engine on this site. It's not there just make the site look pretty, and in using it you will in fact be following the site's rules.

Any questions?
you all over the place with this. You are my hero right now.

Sadly the folks will still post without searching.

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 415
Quite honestly, I have little enough patience for people as it is. People who seek the "quick fix" and are unwilling to put the time in to learn about their devices are annoying enough. Lazy ass people who can't be bothered to spend the time looking for answers to their questions before posting are a plague. Both deserve to be taken to the back of the tool shed and flogged.

I believe from now on, in addition to calling out people for being total idiots, I'll be reporting the posts as well. Because this bulls**t has got to stop. Searching before posting is the number one site rule on XDA, and it's about damn time it gets enforced. The only way for it to BE enforced is by letting the moderators know about it.
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC | PseudoCream