Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Display taking up WAY too much battery life.

Tip us?

OlympusGod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Display taking up WAY too much battery life.

I am using Super Z Sense enhanced v3.1 with incredikernel installed. I've used my phone for around 10 minutes of browsing, and the rest of the time the screens been off. It's been unplugged for 3 hours 20 minutes. I unplugged it after fully charging it and now its at 68%. The display has been taking up 79% of the battery, even though the screens been off most of the time. What do I do?

ACD168
Old
Thanks Meter 135
lower the display?
and every ROM displays things differently. If your battery isn't affected don't sweat it. I personally haven't run that ROM so I can't help you there.

OlympusGod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It is on miminum brightness, and my battery is greatly affected. Not using my phone I have maybe 12 hours of standby battery life.

jonbbrad
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I'm having the exact same problem..... backlight is turned off and my display is using 79% of the battery.... I'm in cyangenMod 6.1...

any ideas?

pianoplayer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympusGod View Post
It is on miminum brightness, and my battery is greatly affected. Not using my phone I have maybe 12 hours of standby battery life.
I've replicated the results with a brand new battery from Verizon (after several charges, the capacity should be fine now) and both CM7 (Build 45 from Gridlock) and Uber Z RC2 and several different kernels. I think this is just the design of the phone, or I got two defective batteries in a row
HTC Incredible SLCD
CM10 / CM9

MacBook Pro 15" Early '11
2.2 GHz, 8GB RAM, HD6750

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightech316 View Post
Which Sense pieces are in? Widgets? What AOSP parts are included ? I'm confused LOL is this a transenseual?

Andassaran
Old
Thanks Meter 4
There's an important piece of information missing here... Is your Incredible's screen the SLCD type or AMOLED type? SLCD screens don't use any more power due to what's on the screen due to the type of backlight (same light illuminates the whole screen), whereas on an AMOLED display, each pixel is its own source of light. That's why on an AMOLED display, darker themes offer better battery life as the pixels aren't having to light up as much to display the content.

Might need that info.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andassaran For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonbbrad
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I have a slcd display....

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

OlympusGod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've got an Amoled

JohnKuczek
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Another important question: 3G or wifi for most of the day?

I can get 6-8 hours out of a standard battery running on 3G with wifi disabled, but if I am on wifi I can get 18-20 hours...

jonbbrad
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I spend most of my time in 3g.... I'm in the nightly cm6 rom with #21 kernel now and I'm getting the 20 hours I was hoping for.... life is good.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App