Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 46,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] CNN Mobile -[R]- 12/11/2010 -[U]- 1/14/2011 -[V]- 1.4.0.0

Tip us?

CyiDev
Old
(Last edited by CyiDev; 16th January 2011 at 05:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [APP] CNN Mobile -[R]- 12/11/2010 -[U]- 1/14/2011 -[V]- 1.4.0.0

CNN Mobile
Hello everyone, I am looking for feedback on my apps I created. Here is my first app. Please comment here and if you enjoy it please leave feedback on the actual review for the marketplace. Price is .99 however I offer an fully function ad supported version as a trial. It only nags the first launch it ever does. The ads are removed after purchase. Please let me know. Also this app is under attack on the marketplace by competition you will notice the first 4 posts are all 1 and are by competition (I have verified this with microsoft however they will not remove them).

View CNN's Mobile website at the click of a finger. Clicking on the CNN Logo on the app itself will take you directly back to CNN. Using the arrow on the left will function as a back button. This is a very simple and effective web browser. Enjoy!

Source: CyiDev.com
Download Link: Zune Link

Here is another app it is available and has the 1.4 update w/ad support and all the bug fixes.
NewsPaper 7 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914052
Follow:

FireSokar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I tried your app and posted a good comment. Can't really low star you anyways your description says exactly what the app is. BTW it looks like your competition is flaming you with their own app.

FaisalNahian
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
just downloaded your app. it looks pretty neat. will leave a good review!
RAZR → Nokia 6300 → Blackberry Pearl 8100 → LG KS20 → Blackberry Curve 8900 → HTC HD2 → HTC HD7

--
www.heyFaisal.com

kevinniven
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default no problem

I will put feed back

SgtGarcia
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey,

I just checked out your app. It's nice and quick way to view the CNN mobile webpage. I do have one question, what's the real advantage of using your app compared to just pinning the CNN Mobile homepage to the startscreen?

Btw, I used this website to check on your reviews: ttp://wp7reviews.tomverhoeff.com/AppReviews.aspx?id=cfe3f2e2-db08-e011-9264-00237de2db9e

Looks like the positive reviews are coming through. I won't review you, although i like the concept of the app i agree with some of the review that paying for just a webbrowsercontrol is kind of silly. If you offered it for free it would be 5 stars.

CyiDev
Old
(Last edited by CyiDev; 16th January 2011 at 03:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. Well the advantage to using my website is not alot of people actually know the mobile site by heart, and my app shows more of the screen than the internet explorer. Also my app shows an icon that goes a little more with the overall design element of the windows phone 7. That's why I'm offering it at .99C plus if you want to just continue using the trial for free it can be the update does have an ad that will support me and there will be no nag screen except during the very first launch if people just want to use the trial. In all honesty i prefer my NewsPaper 7 app. It's got about 14 websites in it and the ability to add two of your own.

SgtGarcia
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey,

Just checked your NewsPaper 7 app, to be honest i think that's what should be called your first app since it really ads functionality. It's a really quick way of accessing the mobile webpages.
Btw, just wondering. Are you using ads from MS Ads SDK? How are the results, do you see any good eCPM?
The Following User Says Thank You to SgtGarcia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CyiDev
Old
(Last edited by CyiDev; 16th January 2011 at 03:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGarcia View Post
Hey,

Just checked your NewsPaper 7 app, to be honest i think that's what should be called your first app since it really ads functionality. It's a really quick way of accessing the mobile webpages.
Btw, just wondering. Are you using ads from MS Ads SDK? How are the results, do you see any good eCPM?
Well, CNN Mobile was what I wanted when I first got it so thats what i started with. NewsPaper 7 is what ended up being kind of a mix of ideas and I did not want to flood the market w/ 1.29 or .99 apps. So I created one I could price at 2.99 then drop to 1.99..1.29...then .99 once my sales went up. The NewsPaper7 app started as an idea one morning and was done that night, the results are very pleasing and what I'm actually using on my phone. I am considering cross platforming this app into the blackberry tablet however I need to look more into that SDK prior to launch.

Yes the ads are from the MS SDK, if you do financial ads like I have the eCPM is averaging between 60-200$ per 1000. It seems the more ads you display the more it goes down. So I am still trying to tweak the right combination.

My CNN App is suppose to have the bug fixes and the back hardware button work correctly, the update is accepted its just Microsoft has declined every version # in between. And since the two apps were developed side by side the version number once it hits the marketplace jumps from 1.0 to 1.4.

vhaakmat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
NewsPaper 7? I can't find it using the Zune software on my PC... Is that the actual name?

CyiDev
Old
(Last edited by CyiDev; 16th January 2011 at 05:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
zune looks to not be finding it under that tag for some reason try news paper 7, or just follow this direct link http://bit.ly/dR5L7B I have also now added direct links to zune on both apps.