Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Accent changer for Focus & other Samsung devices

OP davux

15th January 2011, 08:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 33
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Thanks to the code by RustyGrum (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914055), I've put together an accent changer app for the Focus and other Samsung devices.

http://www.daveamenta.com/2011-01/ch...msung-devices/

I have a version here that should work on HTC, LG and Samsung devices! Please test and let me know if it works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0629.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	490087   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	490088  
Last edited by davux; 16th January 2011 at 02:50 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to davux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2011, 09:53 AM   |  #2  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 958
 
1,692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
I can confirm that it works on the OMNIA 7 ! Many thanks for this.

The app changes the color in the registry but not the name of the accent.
If I start my settings app for changing the theme the color is changed but the name is still the same but the theme changer shows the changed name.

Cheers

contable
15th January 2011, 10:32 AM   |  #3  
AllTheWay's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Placerville, California
Thanks Meter: 80
 
5,451 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by contable

I can confirm that it works on the OMNIA 7 ! Many thanks for this.

The app changes the color in the registry but not the name of the accent.
If I start my settings app for changing the theme the color is changed but the name is still the same but the theme changer shows the changed name.

Cheers

contable

No problem here when changing the names etc. I created a dark blue theme. Looks very clean. I changed the pink theme to dark blue. It replaced the naming for me.
15th January 2011, 11:48 AM   |  #4  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 958
 
1,692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWay

No problem here when changing the names etc. I created a dark blue theme. Looks very clean. I changed the pink theme to dark blue. It replaced the naming for me.

It looks like that there are differences between Focus and OMNIA 7.

For example I have changed the pink accent to darkblue.

On my OMNIA 7:

1. the name of the accent isnīt change.
2. The color of the homescreen tabs is changed to darkblue
3. If I run e.g. Voice to text the tabs are still pink and not darkblue.


Any ideas ?


Cheers contable
15th January 2011, 12:07 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
The reason it's likely not working for you is the regional code for your language (german.) In the registry, the names for the colors are stored on a per-language basis, in different locations. En-US, for example, is 0409. You'll need to go to the correct location yourself, and edit the entry. I made an editor tonight that can edit the values, get it here.
The Following User Says Thank You to MalooMF9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2011, 12:29 PM   |  #6  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 958
 
1,692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalooMF9

The reason it's likely not working for you is the regional code for your language (german.) In the registry, the names for the colors are stored on a per-language basis, in different locations. En-US, for example, is 0409. You'll need to go to the correct location yourself, and edit the entry. I made an editor tonight that can edit the values, get it here.

Thanks for the information. If I change the region/language settings to en-us also the name of the accent color has been changed. Confirmed.

But if I run Voice to text app on my OMNIA 7 the color of the tabs is still not changed...
15th January 2011, 01:18 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Try to reboot your phone.
15th January 2011, 01:34 PM   |  #8  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 958
 
1,692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by (nico)

Try to reboot your phone.

This doesnīt help.

Itīs strange that some apps have changed the new color and others not.


apps which didnīt change the accent color:

1. Voice to text
2. MSN Germany
3. MSN Messenger

apps which changed the color:

1. Pictures
2. Contacts
3. Email
4. Messaging

any idea ?


Cheers


contable
15th January 2011, 02:04 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Registry tweak only colors the native pre-installed apps. Coloring silverlight apps need write access to \Windows.
The Following User Says Thank You to __ow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2011, 02:07 PM   |  #10  
contable's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 958
 
1,692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by __ow

Registry tweak only colors the native pre-installed apps. Coloring silverlight apps need write access to \Windows.

This make sense. Thanks for the information.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes