attached is an update.zip that adds 3G / UMTS support for Huawei Modems to the Folio 100:
ALWAYS HAVE CHARGER CONNECTED WHEN UPDATING A FIRMWARE.
You must disable the CD-ROM drive with AT^U2DIAG=0 on the modem before you can use it on the folio.
Connect your USB modem to your PC, find out the COM port used by the modem and then connect via putty to the COM port and send AT^U2DIAG=0.
Here is a tutorial how to send AT commands using Windows: http://3g-modem.wetpaint.com/page/ex...+under+Windows
Also disable the PIN check on your SIM card.
- copy the update.zip to a sdcard, and insert sdcard into folio.
- Enter "Recovery menu" when folio is just turned on and press (POWER) once and (VOL up) next.
- press (VOL up) Factory reset or system update.
- press(VOL down) to continue to system update.
- press (VOL up) to confirm system update.
- during installation progress bar will show har far it is.
- folio will reboot after installation.
Please ignore the "Unsupported USB Device" message. I have not yet manged to remove it.
After reboot a BLACK screen appear for a few minutes or so!! don't worry, its normal! This is only for the first start.
Only HUAWEI devices will work!
Devices known to work:
* Vodafone K3765-H
* Vodafone K3715
* Vodafone K3565 / Huawei E160
* Huawei E173
* Huawei E1550
* Huawei E1692
* Huawei E1820
Devices needs to be tested:
Devices known NOT to work:
* Vodafone K3765-Z (this is manufactured by ZTE and not Huawei)
* PIN check is not working - disable the SIM PIN using a mobile phone or your PC
* Switching between GPRS and 3G does not work - you must replug your modem to get it work again
* Roaming must be enabled on some devices to get them work
* Fixed initialization. Now more huawei modems will work.
* Bugfix ip-up and ip-down scrips