Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]WP7 Secured Wifi issue

Tip us?

Nevralgeek
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q]WP7 Secured Wifi issue

I installed WP7 on my HD2 4 days ago, and everything is working perfectly so far (3G, thanks to the HTC Connection Manager, Live services, Zune, wifi...)
Awesome!
But.....

Does anyone else noticed that mac address of the HD2 WP7 is randomly generated each time the system is restarted ?

I've allowed only known mac address to access my wifi (can't hide ssid because of my Zune HD unable to connect in that case). But when I allow the HD2 WP7's mac, it works. If I reboot the phone, the address changes, and I can't access my wifi router anymore.

Anyone else experienced this weird thing ?
HTC Polaris - Custom Windows Mobile 6.1
HTC Leo - Windows Phone 7.5 - Android/Miui 1.9.2
-----
Laptop : TimelineX 4820 - Windows 7 - OSX SL - Fedora
PC : AMD Phenom x4- 8Gb RAM - Windows XP - Vista - 8 - Linux Mint / Debian
HTPC : Atom Dual Core - 2Gb Ram - Windows 7
Other : Amiga 1200 / C64

mosbarzi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevralgeek View Post
I installed WP7 on my HD2 4 days ago, and everything is working perfectly so far (3G, thanks to the HTC Connection Manager, Live services, Zune, wifi...)
Awesome!
But.....

Does anyone else noticed that mac address of the HD2 WP7 is randomly generated each time the system is restarted ?

I've allowed only known mac address to access my wifi (can't hide ssid because of my Zune HD unable to connect in that case). But when I allow the HD2 WP7's mac, it works. If I reboot the phone, the address changes, and I can't access my wifi router anymore.

Anyone else experienced this weird thing ?
4 days ago?!
that means you installed it on 1/11/2011 and for WP7 installation you need MAGLDR 1.12 which the first build of it was dated 1/12/2011 by cotulla, so how you managed to install it before even cotulla release it is a bit of surprise to me!
anyways as for the mac address changes yes its true everytime you reboot WP7 the mac address randomly changes, pretty weird though.

Nevralgeek
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosbarzi View Post
4 days ago?!
that means you installed it on 1/11/2011 and for WP7 installation you need MAGLDR 1.12 which the first build of it was dated 1/12/2011 by cotulla, so how you managed to install it before even cotulla release it is a bit of surprise to me!
anyways as for the mac address changes yes its true everytime you reboot WP7 the mac address randomly changes, pretty weird though.
Oh yup you're right for the date ^^ time difference + sleep late = 3 times I sleeped since I have it so 4 days for me........
but 3 real days

However I hope this issue can be fixed, because it's a bit annoying, and this has nothing to do with the OS (a member of my family has a real Windows Phone and I allowed it to pass through the router, and it never changed).

Is this because of magldr ? The mac address changes on NANDroid ?
HTC Polaris - Custom Windows Mobile 6.1
HTC Leo - Windows Phone 7.5 - Android/Miui 1.9.2
-----
Laptop : TimelineX 4820 - Windows 7 - OSX SL - Fedora
PC : AMD Phenom x4- 8Gb RAM - Windows XP - Vista - 8 - Linux Mint / Debian
HTPC : Atom Dual Core - 2Gb Ram - Windows 7
Other : Amiga 1200 / C64

mosbarzi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevralgeek View Post
Oh yup you're right for the date ^^ time difference + sleep late = 3 times I sleeped since I have it so 4 days for me........
but 3 real days

However I hope this issue can be fixed, because it's a bit annoying, and this has nothing to do with the OS (a member of my family has a real Windows Phone and I allowed it to pass through the router, and it never changed).

Is this because of magldr ? The mac address changes on NANDroid ?
No its not because of MAGLDR, WP7's nature is written like this and there is no mac address changes on NANDroid I've already checked it
Tags
wp7 hd2 leo wifi