Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 48,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Picked up this holster shield combo @ Sprint store

Tip us?

kbrn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Today I went back to the sprint store cause I messed up my case after 6 months,
It wasn't really all messed up it just started break a little but since they said "NO QUESTIONS ASKED" I decided to take it back, I had my receipt and everything and I told the guy @ the store that it was messed up and he asked me if I wanted it replaced or money back.. I should of take the money back offer since I own now a Otterbox case, but I thought also what the hell? what if that one messes up? at least I have a backup .
The funny thing is that the guy didn't even look @ the receipt and gave me a new one just like that LOL.

Sprint>>Samsung Moment>>htc EVO Shift 4g>>Motorola Photon>>htc EVO 4G LTE>>Samsung Galaxy Note 2<< Verizon>>htc One M8

Rooster85
Old
Thanks Meter 388
Wait until your otterbox breaks, I sent them an email. They asked for a shipping address and I got my new case in 2 weeks.... never provided proof of purchase.

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy
The Following User Says Thank You to Rooster85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kbrn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster85 View Post
Wait until your otterbox breaks, I sent them an email. They asked for a shipping address and I got my new case in 2 weeks.... never provided proof of purchase.

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy
wow!

I got my otterbox from amazon so I doubt I can do something like you.

I like my otterbox a lot even though it's bulkier than this case. I haven't dropped my phone not even a single time since I got it.. unlike my samsung moment, never got a case for it and dropped it like 3 times making fugly dents to it but since sprint replaced my first Moment a month before I upgraded to the Shift I still have a pretty much brand new Samsung Moment that I use as my mp3/camera/toy lol.

Sprint>>Samsung Moment>>htc EVO Shift 4g>>Motorola Photon>>htc EVO 4G LTE>>Samsung Galaxy Note 2<< Verizon>>htc One M8

Rooster85
Old
Thanks Meter 388
Here's the cool thing, I bout mine off ebay from a 3rd party vendor and STILL got a replacement!

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

bobtsunam
Old
Thanks Meter 53
What broke on yet otterbox?

<Blaze One>
<Blaze One>

Rooster85
Old
Thanks Meter 388
Two clips that hold the front of the case on broke

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

kbrn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster85 View Post
Here's the cool thing, I bout mine off ebay from a 3rd party vendor and STILL got a replacement!

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy
Guess what? one of my otterbox clips broke!
I did what you did! I emailed otterbox and told them about it and my replacement is on it's way.. !

That's what I call Great customer service!

Geekaholic
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have the Sprint case described by the OP, and I'm mostly happy with it. I'd rate it a 4 out of 5.

A couple of nitpicky items:

You have to be careful to align the phone correctly when sliding it into the holster. If you go in at a slight angle, the corner of the holster will wedge itself between the front bezel and the case, and it's a pain to get it back out w/out breaking stuff.

The little tabs that hold the case on are thin and fragile, and can easily break off when you remove the case. I've had to replace my case twice because one or more tabs broke off the front piece.

The case does make the keyboard harder to slide out, but I like the firmer action, so that's not a problem. YMMV.

Sent from my toilet.

mcbride731
Old
Thanks Meter 2
that's a pretty nice one actually. i bought the Otter Box one and it was too bulky. ended up going with a cheap white one that does the same thing and doesn't weight a ton lol.