XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how long should odin take?

Tip us?

vballrkc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default how long should odin take?

does anyone know how long it should take for odin to finish flashing my phone back to stock? Also has anyone seen this screen? It's black, with a white cell phone and a white computer with a yellow triangle with an "!" in the middle between them....? that's all i can get my phone to do. Odin is taking a really long time and i'm not sure everything's working right.

xriderx66
Old
Thanks Meter 1504
it should take 5-15 minutes at max.
I get that sign every time i do odin, but unlike others i just click the power button and reboot and its good... try that?

vballrkc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
well how do i know when odin is finished? becuase it's been stuck on step: chache.rfs for about 20 minutes now and i don't know if it's just frozen up or what. I don't want to unplug it if i'ts still doing something.

Gibsonusa
Old
Thanks Meter 48
hate to sound like a dick head but when that happened to me this last go around (getting stuck on the chache part) i unplugged which gave me the computer ... ! thingy i put it back into download mode and opened odin then plugged my phone back in. hit start after putting my pit and tar files in their respective spots and it worked. took less then 6minutes i'd say.
There are ways to dl mode your phone from computer ... ! screen just find them. im leaving for a puppy otherwise i would have linked it. gf getting angry RAWR!! <(*-*t)
thats her giving me the bird and ready to kill. LOL

donalgodon
Old
(Last edited by donalgodon; 16th January 2011 at 03:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 617
That happened to me also, and it was my very first flash on the Vibrant. It soft-bricked, but I just kept at it... got back into download mode... and tried again. It worked. As far as I can gather, as long as you can still get to download mode, you are golden, even if it takes a try or two. It seems that Odin is sometimes temperamental. It only takes a couple of minutes to flash via Odin, but when you are sitting there waiting for the PASS notification, it does seem like an eternity the first time you do it.

I got a FAIL the first two times on the very first attempt. It's a bit unnerving when you aren't sure it'll come back.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2]Stock N900UBUDNB2 FEB 14, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNA1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

theronw68
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vballrkc View Post
does anyone know how long it should take for odin to finish flashing my phone back to stock? Also has anyone seen this screen? It's black, with a white cell phone and a white computer with a yellow triangle with an "!" in the middle between them....? that's all i can get my phone to do. Odin is taking a really long time and i'm not sure everything's working right.
Are you running window's 7?
Theron Webb
HTC One S
Stock(for now)

T.C.P
Old
Thanks Meter 3603

DONATE TO ME
If you are run as admin , also that happened to me to couple days ago at the 5th time trying it finally worked
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronw68 View Post
Are you running window's 7?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

aecabanaboy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am currently downgrading back to stock on my T959 using Odin 3 and it keeps hanging at the very first part when it says file analysis. I have been at this part for a good 30 mins. any suggestions? just keep retrying until it works?

TheSneakerWhore
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Just keep at it...ODIN likes to be picky.

kyle51
Old
Thanks Meter 139
mine normally takes like 2-4 min

mine froze on factory reset.rfs or something yest for like 10 min so i unplugged and got the 'phone ! pc screen', took me like 2 hours to get it to connect to odin again