Okay; I have decide to make a new thread fore newusers who have mostly the same question; and hope this thread will helps you out about current questions.
Info: Blue text are links to the specific thread/download/information.
Q; Witch Windows Mobile version do I have?
In this case your Windows loge is at the top left.
In this case your Windows logo is at the bottom left.
Q; Witch Manila version do I have?
Go to your setting tab > Info about your device > Software Info > You see now Manila-version: 2.5.XXXX.XXXX.X
Q; Witch Rom version do I have?
Go to your setting tab > Info about your device > Software Info > You see Rom - version:
Q; How to install themes (cab version)?
How we do it;
Cab file are installer programs. This works to make registry edits, install new applications and install new themes. Do NOT extract a .cab file!
- Download the cab file; copied it to your Storage Card (on the place you will).
- Navigate with your "File Explorer" (that came with your phone) to the place where you placed the cab file.
- Press on the cab file you will install it.
- Most of the time you will see a new window popup with the question where to install. (Advice all themes must be install on internal memory, not on SD)
- Follow the installation procedure, and follow it by a soft reset.
Q; How to Uninstall applications?
Navigate to Setting Tab > Application > Remove Application > select the one you will remove and click on remove.
Q; I can not Uninstall ?
When I tray to uninstall some applications; and follow previous explication about how to uninstall, I get the error "can not remove"
One simply remedy; reinstall the cab! "maybe strange fore you, but reinstall a application who was install will first remove previous version.
Q; How to install themes (Zip version)?
How we do it;
- First you need to un-compress the .zip file.
- Then simply copy the graphics/other files into the /windows folder.
Personally I prefer the first one; but that's my personal opinion. Imported: Read carefully the thread before using, It will help you out.
Q; Some Icons don't changes after restart?
If some Icons are still the same after Restart? 01. Prefer clearing HTC Sense's icon cache.
Go to your Device's \Application Data\HTC\ProgLauncher Folder and delete all the *.bmg files inside. These are icon caches that will be recreated upon next boot. 03. Delete All Old Icons from the Quick Links Menu in Manila. 04. Restart
If by clearing HTC Sense's icon cache, the Icons still doesn't change? 01. If you try to use a custom icon which have the same filename of one of the images found in \Windows then Manila will always load that original instead of your customized one!
In order to easily fix the problem, just rename your icon .png (Not that one in \Application Data\HTC\ProgLauncher). 02. Delete All Old Icons from the Quick Links Menu in Manila. 03. Restart 04. And change it again in Icon Changer (To the renamed .png file).
P.S.: This bug affects ONLY manila, therefore in the start menu everything will look fine BUT in the Home Screen you will always have the original icon! 05. Restart
If the Icon don't shows up in Icon Changer, so you cant change it from there? 01. Go to \Windows\Start Menu. 02. Duplicate (Copy & Paste) your .lnk (that don't shows up in IC). 03. Open again Icon Changer. The Icon now should be viewable. 04. Change the Icon. 05. Go again to \Windows\Start Menu. 06. Delete your Original .lnk and rename Your New .lnk to what you whant. 07. Restart
Q; How do I get more shortcuts on my home screen?
Important; there are different possibilities; but fore all of them counts one universal rule:
Read attentive the instructions/information on there threads, before installation, and follow the instructions!
<<< 16 shortcut for Manila 2.5 >>> Link
<<< 25 shortcuts on Home and more >>> Link
<<< Max Manila 2.5 >>> Link
<<< Co0kie's Home Tab >>> Link
Personally I prefer CHT; But this is personal use/opinion; and I tray to be neutral. Each application is useful, and behind each of them are very good creators
Q; I have the sound icon missing in my taskbar?
01. Start your RegEditor 02. Remove two Keys in HKLM/Software/HTC/VolumeOverlay: [LoadIconFromResDLL] and [SoundIconLink] 03. Restart your device
Q; How to access at more applications on MarketPlace?
Q; How to install .Net Framework on Your WM Device ?
1. Connect your Windows Mobile device to your PC via activesync
2. Download the .Net Compact Framework 3.5 to your PC
3. Double click NETCFSetupv35.msi to run the installer
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to perform the installation
Q; Where to download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 ?
No files or data will be lost as long as you finish and save any work such as a document.
Remove the HD2's back cover then press a blunt pointed object such as a pen, pencil or spare stylus into the red reset button to the bottom left of the SIM and release.
The HD2 will then reboot.
Q; How to do a Hard Reset?
Attention this will brings your installation beck to factory mode.
Reset via settings:
- Go to the Home screen's Settings tab, tap Menu > All Settings > System > Clear Storage.
- Enter 1234.
- Tap YES to perform the reset, or tap NO to cancel the reset.
Reset via phone buttons:
If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a Hard reset by using buttons on the phone.
- With your phone powered off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- While holding the volume buttons, press the END/POWER button briefly and then release it.
- When you see a warning message on screen, release the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
- In this case your Windows logo is at the bottom left.
Q; How to install cooked Rom (using Task 29)
My Install Strategy;
· Run Microsoft My Phone Sync
· Turn off antivirus software in Desktop PC (Stop Avast Anti-Virus)
· Remove SIM and microSDHC Storage Card
· RUN XDA Developers “HD2 Task 29” as an Administrator
Task 29 is not mandatory that's true, but it's a safe way to ensure that you don't have any old files remaining after flashing a new rom.
There is no harm in doing it and the easy way is to use the tool I provided in this post:
Connect your device and flash as you do with an ordinary rom, when completed (100%) press volume down and keep I pressed until the device has restarted showing the coloured boot screen, then you flash the Rom.
· Install your cooked Rom as an Administrator
NOTE 6: Please, Hard-Reset after flash process has completed.
· Add SIM and microSDHC Storage Card
· Set Time and DATE
NOTE 7: Please, Restart the phone, after first manila screen.
· Run Desktop pc FULL ActiveSync, select setup device.
Q; Where to find "Task 29"?
More information about "Task 29": Here
Q; I downloaded and extracted the zip file from a cooked Rom, and noticed there was no ruu file attached. What to do?
You can download the SSPL_RUU, here. place the SSPL_RUU file into the map where you unzipped your cooked Rom and lounge to start.
Q;What is Bootloader?
Bootloader mode is handy for checking the HD2's version of Hard SPL as well as the installed ROM and Radio versions,and also for ROM or Radio flashing to the HD2. I sometimes use the Bootloader method to flash ROMs as it saves connecting to Activesync/WMDC because the PC recognises the HD2 as connected via USB. It is also useful for flashing a ROM or Radio version if the battery charge is less than 50%, as it ignores the 50% charge warning that is normally displayed when flashing if the HD2 is low on charge. Never use this method if you have less than a 30% charge as you will be in deep trouble if the HD2 runs out of power while flashing a ROM or Radio version!
Q;How to access to Bootloader?
To place the HD2 into Bootloader mode, remove the HD2's back cover hold down the volume down key, now press in the red reset button under the back cover to the bottom left of the SIM, release the soft reset button but continue to hold the volume down key in until you are presented with the tri colour bootloader screen. To exit Soft Reset the device.
Q;How to remove HSPL?
Uninstallation: Remove HSPL by flashing an original SPL from SD card.
- Take any "RUU_signed.nbh" from a ship ROM and copy it to SD card.
- Rename it to "leoimg.nbh"
- Reset the device while pressing the volume down button.
Remove HSPL by using HSPL2_RUN.exe
- Download HSPL2_RUN.exe
- Connect your device by Active Sync
- Run HSPL2_RUN.exe
- Select SPL 1.66 or even 1.47
Q;How to install Stock Rom?
Q;How to install Custom Rom, by using HSPL?
Q;How to install Custom Rom, by using SSPL?
1. Download SSPL_RUU.exe
2. Download your Custom Rom; extract the .nbh file.
3. Set your device wake up on home screen.
4. Deactivate temporary your Anti-Virus, remove your SIM and SD card from your device.
5. Connect your device by Active Sync.
6. Run SSPL_RUU.exe with: "your custom rom".nbh in the same folder.
If it doesn't work (hangs on black screen for more than 2min or stays at 0%) remove the battery and try again.
7. Hard reset your device.
8. When on homescreen - softreset.
Nice one kurt.....
Hopefully this will get stickied at the top of the forum.....
Thanks mate; hope also. It would be more easier fore new users to find the most answerer to there question. I know fore people like us it's easy to find everything, but fore new users it's quite complicate. The funny thing of XDA is there is so much on it; but finding it caused some problems
I know I must add lot of questions on it; but with time it will be complete (I hope )
Thanks sir; of course I will ad this subject also (info about Task 29; how to hard Reset and all that stuff here.) My attention is to help people before thy have problems/question's. Of course there will alway's bee question I didn't treat, but with time I hope to treat a lot of questions
Okay; I will take a brake fore today; tomorrow I will post some more regular questions.
Message to older/more experience users.
Let me know if you have some Ideas about what to add/most comment question's you see. It's time to us fore helping and make live simpler fore new users. If you think it's have nothing to see with me; you are wrong; how easier peoples can find there answer how easier thy can find your thread so helping each other helps you also. But I don't need to explain you that You got it.
While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more
22 Sep 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?