Info: Blue text are links to the specific thread/download/information.Q; Witch Windows Mobile version do I have?
WM 6.5Q; Witch Manila version do I have?
In this case your Windows loge is at the top left.
In this case your Windows logo is at the bottom left.
Go to your setting tab > Info about your device > Software Info > You see now Manila-version: 2.5.XXXX.XXXX.XQ; Witch Rom version do I have?
Go to your setting tab > Info about your device > Software Info > You see Rom - version:Q; How to install themes (cab version)?
How we do it;Q; How to Uninstall applications?
Cab file are installer programs. This works to make registry edits, install new applications and install new themes. Do NOT extract a .cab file!
- Download the cab file; copied it to your Storage Card (on the place you will).
- Navigate with your "File Explorer" (that came with your phone) to the place where you placed the cab file.
- Press on the cab file you will install it.
- Most of the time you will see a new window popup with the question where to install. (Advice all themes must be install on internal memory, not on SD)
- Follow the installation procedure, and follow it by a soft reset.
Navigate to Setting Tab > Application > Remove Application > select the one you will remove and click on remove.Q; I can not Uninstall ?
When I tray to uninstall some applications; and follow previous explication about how to uninstall, I get the error "can not remove"Q; How to install themes (Zip version)?
One simply remedy; reinstall the cab! "maybe strange fore you, but reinstall a application who was install will first remove previous version.
How we do it;Q; Where to find themes?
- First you need to un-compress the .zip file.
- Then simply copy the graphics/other files into the /windows folder.
Theme ThreadQ; How to modifying Icons?
If you will examples of possibilities.
And take a look on this thread about what peoples have realizes (can give you some ideas)
How we do it;Q; Some Icons don't changes after restart?
First of all there are 3part applications who will help you to make your life easier.
- JWMD Icon Changer
- (CSMI) v1.4b
Personally I prefer the first one; but that's my personal opinion.
Imported: Read carefully the thread before using, It will help you out.
If some Icons are still the same after Restart?Q; How do I get more shortcuts on my home screen?
01. Prefer clearing HTC Sense's icon cache.
Go to your Device's \Application Data\HTC\ProgLauncher Folder and delete all the *.bmg files inside. These are icon caches that will be recreated upon next boot.
03. Delete All Old Icons from the Quick Links Menu in Manila.
If by clearing HTC Sense's icon cache, the Icons still doesn't change?
01. If you try to use a custom icon which have the same filename of one of the images found in \Windows then Manila will always load that original instead of your customized one!
In order to easily fix the problem, just rename your icon .png (Not that one in \Application Data\HTC\ProgLauncher).
02. Delete All Old Icons from the Quick Links Menu in Manila.
04. And change it again in Icon Changer (To the renamed .png file).
P.S.: This bug affects ONLY manila, therefore in the start menu everything will look fine BUT in the Home Screen you will always have the original icon!
If the Icon don't shows up in Icon Changer, so you cant change it from there?
01. Go to \Windows\Start Menu.
02. Duplicate (Copy & Paste) your .lnk (that don't shows up in IC).
03. Open again Icon Changer. The Icon now should be viewable.
04. Change the Icon.
05. Go again to \Windows\Start Menu.
06. Delete your Original .lnk and rename Your New .lnk to what you whant.
Q; I have the sound icon missing in my taskbar?Important; there are different possibilities; but fore all of them counts one universal rule:
Read attentive the instructions/information on there threads, before installation, and follow the instructions!
<<< 16 shortcut for Manila 2.5 >>> Link
<<< 25 shortcuts on Home and more >>> Link
<<< Max Manila 2.5 >>> Link
<<< Co0kie's Home Tab >>> Link
Personally I prefer CHT; But this is personal use/opinion; and I tray to be neutral. Each application is useful, and behind each of them are very good creators.
01. Start your RegEditorQ; How to access at more applications on MarketPlace?
02. Remove two Keys in HKLM/Software/HTC/VolumeOverlay: [LoadIconFromResDLL] and [SoundIconLink]
03. Restart your device
Make use of MarketPlace RegionSwitch (it allows you to have access to much more (PS take a look on the US market))