Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [Huawei U8100] Froyo Wifi enabled version (Beta12)

Tip us?

DJ_Uro_UE
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by essohess View Post
Can't get adb to detect device (on Windows 7). Doesn't even show in Device Manager. Drivers installed from CD, debugging mode switched on. I've only once had ADB access with a different ROM and I can't remember what I did. Any suggestions?
Same here ! ADB state: unknown ... damn !

Gjole86
Old
Thanks Meter 77
funny i lost my adb too, it connects as cdrom mode, i remember doing something with usb mode switchers somewhere .... google cant help me, if u remember where/how it was tell me

PS: windows 7
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Black
Verbatim 32GB SDHC Class10
Join DROPBOX Today!

mwarner
Old
Thanks Meter 16
For those of you who are having issues with adb, here is the Beta 9 ROM with both the Boot and WiFi fixes applied:

Beta 9 with Boot & WiFi Fixes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mwarner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gjole86
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarner View Post
For those of you who are having issues with adb, here is the Beta 9 ROM with both the Boot and WiFi fixes applied:

the fixed boot.img i flashed with fastboot, wpa_suplicant replaced with root explorer once android was up and running

still i wonder where my adb went
Join DROPBOX Today!

DJ_Uro_UE
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjole86 View Post
funny i lost my adb too, it connects as cdrom mode, i remember doing something with usb mode switchers somewhere .... google cant help me, if u remember where/how it was tell me

PS: windows 7

Same here! Windows finds phone like an USB mass storage device! I googled a bit, and found that it`s necessary to go to dev. manager, update driver manually and instead of mass storage driver, select ADB driver, but i cannot do that, because windows wont let me

And it's always like this > when you do some thing or job that seems to you like an easy one, it always complicates and becomes the hardest one ... But, anyway, ill update this zip which contains these 2 fixes !

essohess
Old
(Last edited by essohess; 24th July 2011 at 06:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
For those with Pulse Mini ADB issues, some advice/warning. The drivers on the stock CD do (sometimes) seem to enable ADB, but only the first time. From then on the T-Mobile USB device conflicts with the Ideos USB device, meaning no USB connection at all. The only solution to stop them automatically reinstalling (as the CD has no uninstaller) is to remove the smtmoadb.sys, smtmodev.sys and smtmoser.sys files from system32/drivers, and the associated folders from system32/driverstore/filerepository as well as smtmomdm (after taking ownership of them). Be careful you get the right ones.

Frankly it's all too much of a pain. I'm hoping the patched ROM and wirelessADB will remove the need for all that.

essohess
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Best so far, but still no camera, overclocking, or GPS. This is like whack-a-mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarner View Post

Gjole86
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by essohess View Post
Best so far, but still no camera, overclocking, or GPS. This is like whack-a-mole
camera works ok on my U8110 with the fix, both video and picture
GPS fixes fine and maps show my location
CPU is limited to 528 yeah :/
Join DROPBOX Today!

essohess
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think that T-Mobile must be making a different version of the phone for each customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjole86 View Post
camera works ok on my U8110 with the fix, both video and picture
GPS fixes fine and maps show my location
CPU is limited to 528 yeah :/

el_flema
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Great rom. Installed yesterday without any problem. Everything went fine.

Don't like the default launcher, so I installed LauncherPRO and it's ok now.

Wifi works, BT works, the APNs started automatically (this is the only rom that does this here in Argentina)

It has the perfect file manager of android 2.1 and the SMS app is great too, it has the (+) button so you can add destinataries.

Root works perfect and automatic.

Market works perfectly.

Calibration is ok, don't know if I get used to use an "uncalibrated" rom or it's ok. Will see.

A great rom, keep it up dude !!
One question, I never did OC to a phone, can you tell me the limits of frequencies ??

I have a U8100

Tags
froyo, huawei, u81xx, vodafone 845