Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

[Q] X10 Mini as WiFi Hotspot

OP enjoycool

16th January 2011, 03:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
Hi,
Can anyone give me some idea how can I turn my X10 mini into a wifi hotspot? I found many people are asking similar question but I did not notice any good answer. So this is possible or not?
16th January 2011, 07:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
Use Barnacle: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=740698
search for it in the market

you could found that information in the wiki or with some searching in this post in the x10 mini/pro General Forum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyberwuulf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2011, 09:12 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

111 posts
I use Barnacle Wifi Tether as Cyberwuulf already said.

It supports WEP encryption on my x10 mini pro, and works perfectly every time, super fast - And ive sent in a few good ideas to the dev which he promised to implement in the future.
16th February 2011, 06:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

92 posts
It works with my X10 Mini with PC connection, but fails to get connected by Xperia X8, and I'm still working out with other phones tomorrow... Please note that my X10 Mini is running 2.1, rooted.
17th February 2011, 03:40 AM   |  #5  

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoymous Man

It works with my X10 Mini with PC connection, but fails to get connected by Xperia X8, and I'm still working out with other phones tomorrow... Please note that my X10 Mini is running 2.1, rooted.

And I got it works with my X8 too, before I read the following Ad-hoc mode only:

Can you make Barnacle use infrastructure mode instead of ad-hoc?

If one could make an Android phone look like a real access point (rather than an ad-hoc network), then it would improve compatibility and allow better security. Unfortunately, to make a wifi client behave like an access point requires fundamental changes in the device driver. The hardware vendors of the wireless interfaces present in most Android devices did not include such capability.

What one can do, however, is use Connectify to make their laptop running Windows 7 appear as a real access point. In combination with Barnacle it should be possible to connect many restricted devices (PS3, DSi, etc.) to the Internet.
Last edited by Annoymous Man; 17th February 2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Reformatting the bottom part of the message.
17th February 2011, 04:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 37

188 posts
More
Sent from my E15i using XDA App
18th February 2011, 08:06 PM   |  #7  

92 posts
[QUOTE=Annoymous Man;11415512]And I got it works with my X8 too Ad-hoc mode only:

and my damn old Palm TX and a notebook running Vista surf the Internet with both Android phones with Barnacle, and it's a freeware ;)
15th March 2011, 03:51 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
Thanks for the help guys

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread