Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Other party can't hear me

Tip us?

@Class
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Other party can't hear me

For some reason other parties can't hear me all of a sudden. This is a new problem that just happened since yesterday. This happens on both 3G and 2G UMTS/GSM here in Canada on Fido.

Anyone else experience this?

elmemyself
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Already happened to me when I went to UK once... sudently the issue was gone without changing anything...

@Class
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
And how long did it take for it to work again? Its been going on 12 hours now for me. I've tried

- Power + R + W to wipe user data
- Power + R + W to wipe cache
- SBF Reload through RSD Lite
- Changing the radio mode to GSM only
- Changing the radio mode to UMTS only

macooper79
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It happened to me with the original droid. The phone would put itself in mute without me knowing it and the other person couldnt hear me. Even after several data wipes it continued. I ended up having to get a new phone. Your problem might be more complex but its something simple to check.

Sent from my DROID PRO using XDA App

@Class
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by macooper79 View Post
It happened to me with the original droid. The phone would put itself in mute without me knowing it and the other person couldnt hear me. Even after several data wipes it continued. I ended up having to get a new phone. Your problem might be more complex but its something simple to check.

Sent from my DROID PRO using XDA App
No it was not mute as when I blew into the microphone I could hear it on the other end. It was almost as if the noise canceling had been reversed, I could hear everything but my voice.

Its since returned to normal. Motorola = Lack of QA!