[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Vision (HTC Vision)

OP Mikey

12th February 2012, 09:48 AM   |  #12131  
Thanks Meter: 315

2,007 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Jeff

Does anyone know of a mod for cm7 to make it so that the pattern lockscreen NEVER shows the pattern that is drawn? Regardless if the drawing is correct or not. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know where else to ask this. I was thinking metamorph would be helpful.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

To hide it when the drawing is correct, go to Settings > Location & security > uncheck "Use visible pattern"

Right now you cannot hide the incorrect drawing, but once this change is merged you can.
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,8608
If you compile your own build of cm you can cherry pick that change so you have it before it's merged.

An alternative would be to remove your pattern lock completely and instead use CM7's built-in lockscreen gesture tools. Go to Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Lockscreen settings > Lockscreen gestures. Make sure "Show gesture trails" is unchecked and build a gesture to unlock the phone. Then, go back to Lockscreen settings and go to Unlock options. Scroll to the bottom and check "Disable unlock slider". Now the only way to unlock your phone is to use the gesture, which will be invisible.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to c00ller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2012, 09:53 AM   |  #12132  
Thanks Meter: 327

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Jeff

Does anyone know of a mod for cm7 to make it so that the pattern lockscreen NEVER shows the pattern that is drawn? Regardless if the drawing is correct or not. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know where else to ask this. I was thinking metamorph would be helpful.

If you're referring to the Pattern, then should be under Settings -> Location & Security -> Set up screen lock -> Use visible pattern (Uncheck this box).

I'm currently using ILWT CM7 333 but I would presume it would be the same under most any AOSP builds.
12th February 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #12133  
Thanks Meter: 13

110 posts
Thanks for the suggestiosn guys.I think I'll just wait until the change is merged.

13th February 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #12134  
Thanks Meter: 1

56 posts
More
Kang no#351 works really fast for me.
Just updated from the previous version, without wipe.
Like it (:

Sygnature was blocked by ACTA. User's extradition in progress.
Last edited by sabbath88; 13th February 2012 at 02:30 PM.
16th February 2012, 05:34 AM   |  #12135  
Garden Grove, CA
Thanks Meter: 3

96 posts
More
I'm having a problem with gmail. I don't get notifications for new emails. I have to manually refresh from inside the app to see them. This is the only rom where I have encountered this problem. Is there a solution?

EDIT: Every once in a while I get a notification that says "sign in error for" and one of the three emails I have on my phone. I just clear it and everything is fine but it's a little annoying. Still a fantastic rom though. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining.
Last edited by beanboi; 16th February 2012 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Additional information
16th February 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #12136  
Thanks Meter: 315

2,007 posts
More
beanboi, are you using the latest gapps? You should be using 20110828. You can get it here http://goo-inside.me/gapps
16th February 2012, 07:11 AM   |  #12137  
Garden Grove, CA
Thanks Meter: 3

96 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c00ller

beanboi, are you using the latest gapps? You should be using 20110828. You can get it here http://goo-inside.me/gapps

I wasn't sure so I flashed it, but it didn't work. I sent myself an email from my yahoo account and I had to manually refresh to see it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
16th February 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #12138  
Thanks Meter: 5

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbath88

Kang no#351 works really fast for me.
Just updated from the previous version, without wipe.
Like it (:

Sygnature was blocked by ACTA. User's extradition in progress.

Where are you getting the latest kangs from?
16th February 2012, 07:45 AM   |  #12139  
Flag linux command line
Thanks Meter: 567

1,567 posts
More
Check the links in my signature- these are home build kangs from the CM7/gingerbread source. My computer builds them nightly at midnight and uploads them to http://crash.pfak.org/~gee_one/
The Following User Says Thank You to gee one For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2012, 11:21 AM   |  #12140  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 615

5,319 posts
More
CyanogenMod needs our help !

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyan...eeds-your-help

Quote:

As you may know, our nightly builds have recently been sporadic at best. The reason behind this is that previously, we had access to a large compute cluster to perform these builds. This was really great, and gave us all the power we needed to pump out 50+ builds a day. Unfortunately, we no longer have access to this cluster, and have not for quite some time. With CM9 coming up, and CM7.2 ready to go out the door, we are now in quite a bit of a mess. One of the most awesome things about CM in my opinion was the ability to get a fresh build, every day, with the latest and greatest features. And the stats donít lie either- the community thinks so too.

With that said, we need to purchase new hardware to take on this task. A couple of solid, stable Xeon-class servers with large amounts of RAM and fast disks. Virtual private servers wonít cut it for build machines.

CyanogenMod is not a for-profit business. We are just a bunch of geeks, trying to make our phones more awesome. The donations we get currently cover our operating costs and occasionally go towards developer devices. This time, I need to ask for help from the community for something a bit larger. We need to purchase these servers in order to bring the build infrastructure back to full capacity.

An option I have considered is to charge for access to nightly builds. This seems like a really bad idea, potentially detrimental to the community, and likely to just increase the proliferation of unofficial builds in various states of brokenness. So, I am putting out a call to the community for help. Whatever you can spare will go directly to the server fund, and if successful, we will work to get back to full capacity as quickly as possible.

If youíd like to contribute, please use the PayPal donation link at the bottom of the page (you *must* use this link, rather than going through the links on the forum to contribute to this fund). Letís show some community power!

Sent from my Desire Z running CM7.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steviewevie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread