Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[problem] Chevronwp7 crash

Tip us?

xardus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [problem] Chevronwp7 crash

hey guys...i didnt find any other report about chevron's crashes...
i dont understand why!
all procedure is done...zune sdk tools and so on...when i start chevron and flag the 2 options instantly when press "unlock" the program crash...
i tryed to use all compatibility options and im admin on this account...im getting bored about this ehhehehe

cx1
Old
(Last edited by cx1; 17th January 2011 at 02:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Your pc's host file must NOT be read only. Chevron writes to it temporarily during the unlock. It will crash every time you click unlock if it is.

windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts
Giant signatures are annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to cx1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

American-Baron
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I had the same Problem on my Windows 7 Notebook. Though I am admin on the NB, I found I had to run the Program as Administrator for it to work. It seems that the Program doesn't like UAC....

xardus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
my host file is not Read Only...any other idea? i dont know maybe some particular driver for phone or something else

Ventu89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Virus? Malware?

Scan your pc first.

Disable antivirus, antimalware (live protections like TEA TIMER (spybot s&d))...
Sorry for my english! I'm from Argentina

hlvl
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xardus View Post
hey guys...i didnt find any other report about chevron's crashes...
i dont understand why!
all procedure is done...zune sdk tools and so on...when i start chevron and flag the 2 options instantly when press "unlock" the program crash...
i tryed to use all compatibility options and im admin on this account...im getting bored about this ehhehehe
Try reinstalling Windows

Bimboy
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Had same problem with Chevron, and I had set write permission to the hosts file, reformatted SDHC card (that was working fine) with SD Formatter tool, re-flashed WP7 fresh.. to no avail.. until I went into WP7 "settings" app > "about" > "reset your phone".

Once I did this, I had no problem connecting to Zune, and Chevron. There must be a flag that gets set by the reset activity... Hope this solves your problem too!
Retired: ATT Tilt (Kaiser), ATT Fuze (Raph110), HTC HD2 (Leo - T-Mo US), Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy S II Hercules, Samsung Galaxy S III
Nook Color - Rooted & OC 1.2 Ghz
ATT Samsung Galaxy S 4 - awaiting MF3 solutions

hecatombercm
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default host rewritten

i have had no luck with any of the above suggesting, making sure the host was not set to read only did keep it from chevron from crashing but then the host file just gets rewritten again and unlocker wont communicate with phone

Jpso
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hello,

Try this,,,
After pairing your device with zutune,
Start All the zutune services
(If you are using an AV with a firewall, you should allow ChevronW7 pass through.)
Run ChevronW7.exe after then.

That works for me.
My system is W7_64x and AVG

hecatombercm
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpso View Post
Hello,

Try this,,,
After pairing your device with zutune,
Start All the zutune services
(If you are using an AV with a firewall, you should allow ChevronW7 pass through.)
Run ChevronW7.exe after then.

That works for me.
My system is W7_64x and AVG
no luck still cant reunlock

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more