[NIGHTLY][ROM][GWK74] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Bravo (HTC Desire GSM)

28th February 2012, 02:43 PM   |  #6701  
Thanks Meter: 19

158 posts
More
I send you a Private Message, you are right about the content of this thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to effepas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #6702  
Thanks Meter: 443

1,460 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3f1f37

I use the same set up, if 900mv is your starting point, by what increment do you increase your voltages - from 900mv to 925mv for the next clock speed?

As i am going to use this procedure!

I basically let EV's voltage increments between clock speed as is. I just stepped them all down until the 245MHz frequency is set to 900mv. If I can remember, I stepped all of them down by 100mV. What I don't understand is that the upper threshold of every frequency was unchanged. I basically gave each frequencies more room to breathe so to speak but I seems to have caused some instability.

I'll probably try to use ManU kernel with it's default settings over the weekend just to see if I get those restarts. Right now I'll stick with the stock kernel as I don't want my phone to reboot while on an important call at work.

It's probably better we continue this topic on ManU's thread.
28th February 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #6703  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 92

435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoveu

There is one place where I've been witnessing a FC: the DSP manager FCs when I receive a call (it seems it happens mostly the first time after a reboot). As in - I start the phone (or restart it), receive a call, and on the screen I get a FC error. I have to close it before being able to answer the call (or seeing who is calling). Once I've closed the error, it doesn't seem to show up again (I don't receive many calls as such)

I have also got that error several times.

Another error I get is this: after a reboot, if I enable the Wi-Fi first, I can't enable the mobile data connection. The 2 arrow icon in the power widget becomes white, but the mobile data is not activated. My phone runs in 2G + 3G mode. I always use the power widget in the notification drawer to enable / disable Wi-Fi, mobile data or to switch the phone from 2G + 3G to 2G and viceversa. I can enable the mobile data connection only if I switch the phone from 2G + 3G to 2G and back to 2G + 3G.
28th February 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #6704  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 1,142

1,423 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stankyou

I basically let EV's voltage increments between clock speed as is. I just stepped them all down until the 245MHz frequency is set to 900mv. If I can remember, I stepped all of them down by 100mV. What I don't understand is that the upper threshold of every frequency was unchanged. I basically gave each frequencies more room to breathe so to speak but I seems to have caused some instability.

I'll probably try to use ManU kernel with it's default settings over the weekend just to see if I get those restarts. Right now I'll stick with the stock kernel as I don't want my phone to reboot while on an important call at work.

It's probably better we continue this topic on ManU's thread.

Just to answer your question, I have just finished setting up everything. Flash the ManU 2.1 and I have undervolted all the way to 875mv @ 128mhz no issues.

No issues thus far, I have even flashed back the old x.x.x.08 radio.

Guess the next few days is testing time.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to 3f1f37 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #6705  
Flag Terracina (LT)
Thanks Meter: 101

194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3f1f37

Just to answer your question, I have just finished setting up everything. Flash the ManU 2.1 and I have undervolted all the way to 875mv @ 128mhz no issues.

No issues thus far, I have even flashed back the old x.x.x.08 radio.

Guess the next few days is testing time.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Haven't you got this?
29th February 2012, 07:21 AM   |  #6706  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 1,142

1,423 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lparcshinoda

Haven't you got this?

I normally use custom light levels as the the OP on the BCM9 thread, then when i flashed the latest nightly yesterday, i noticed that it has its own custom light levels and they are very similar to what the OP on the BCM9 are.

So i cant say that i am having those issues.

I did have a random reboot using 875mv @ 128mhz, i have then changed the lowest value to 900mv @ 245mhz and since last night after my last post, no reboots.

The rom is snappy i have yet to see how long i can go on a single charge.
29th February 2012, 10:02 AM   |  #6707  
Thanks Meter: 25

272 posts
Hi, I'm going to try this ROM after having a lot of problems with CM7 7.1 for GSM. Basically I get a lot of FC errors all the time and my WIFI is really slow, I think due to the fact I didn't flash an updated radio before installing it (my recovery kept giving an error whatever radio I tired to flash).

My question regarding this ROM is does it include INT2SD2 with it? Also do I need to install an updated radio to get it working because as said previously I keep getting errors flashing a radio and I've tried CWM, 4EXT and ADB Command Prompt with no luck.

BTW here's the error I get:

Amend scripting (update-scripting) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was depreciated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to Clockworkmod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (update-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packges. Installation aborted.
Last edited by Zammo76; 29th February 2012 at 10:13 AM.
29th February 2012, 11:09 AM   |  #6708  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 19

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zammo76

Hi, I'm going to try this ROM after having a lot of problems with CM7 7.1 for GSM. Basically I get a lot of FC errors all the time and my WIFI is really slow, I think due to the fact I didn't flash an updated radio before installing it (my recovery kept giving an error whatever radio I tired to flash).

My question regarding this ROM is does it include INT2SD2 with it? Also do I need to install an updated radio to get it working because as said previously I keep getting errors flashing a radio and I've tried CWM, 4EXT and ADB Command Prompt with no luck.

BTW here's the error I get:

Amend scripting (update-scripting) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was depreciated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to Clockworkmod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (update-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packges. Installation aborted.

You can update your radio via fastboot
1. Download your radio .zip file
2. Extract radio.img from it, place it in the same folder as fastboot.exe
3. Connect your phone, verify that it's recognized by typing
fastboot devices
4. Flash radio with this command:
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot erase cache
5. Hit the thanks button

Edit:
When the radio is being flashed, you might think the process hanged because cmd on the PC won't react for a few seconds. However, you'll see a progress bar on your phone.
Last edited by Detoxica; 29th February 2012 at 11:42 AM.
29th February 2012, 12:16 PM   |  #6709  
Flag Terracina (LT)
Thanks Meter: 101

194 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lparcshinoda<br />
Haven't you got this?

<br />
<br />
I normally use custom light levels as the the OP on the BCM9 thread, then when i flashed the latest nightly yesterday, i noticed that it has its own custom light levels and they are very similar to what the OP on the BCM9 are.<br />
<br />
So i cant say that i am having those issues.<br />
<br />
I did have a random reboot using 875mv @ 128mhz, i have then changed the lowest value to 900mv @ 245mhz and since last night after my last post, no reboots.<br />
<br />
The rom is snappy i have yet to see how long i can go on a single charge.

Problem is NOT with light levels. It's with button backlights not working when screen goes in timeout

Tapatalkato dal mio HTC Desire
29th February 2012, 01:31 PM   |  #6710  
Thanks Meter: 443

1,460 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lparcshinoda

Problem is NOT with light levels. It's with button backlights not working when screen goes in timeout

Tapatalkato dal mio HTC Desire

I believe I was able to reproduce the issue but I'm not bothered that much as I usually prefer the backlight buttons off all the time anyway. As for who should fix the issue, I'm not sure if it should be the kernel dev or the rom. Right now since it's basically a 'nightly' version of CM7 it doesn't seem right to have EV correct this as the rom we are using is technically a developmental rom. Besides, 2.1 is the last version for it. EV stated he is stopping development.

Is the backlight working fine on the default kernel? I wasn't able to check.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread