[23.FEB.11][DFT] CleanDROID v2.55-Froyo+CM [Kernel GL_Core_v5b]

Search This thread

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
CleanDROID
Following on from my WM 6.5 ROMs for the HD2, I now present my first NANDroid ROM. Built for speed, space and maximum customisability to be decided by you - the users!

Main Features:
- Extreme speed and responsiveness
- Froyo 2.2.1
- CyanogenMOD 6.1.1
- ADW Launcher
- Standard Framework
- Ultra Tiny, 320mb free space after flash on Euro HD2
- Gingerbread Keyboard
- LCD Density is 190 for the true HD look
- Custom initrd for performance
- Custom kernel for max performance and battery life

The ROM is small because it is stirpped of all Google applications and varoius other features, such as wallpapers. No wallpapers are supplied other than the one it comes with so you must provide your own. Everything that has been removed is freely available from the Market, so you can choose what you want and nothing is forced upon you

The ROM is completely rooted and SU is working correctly so you will easily be able to change animations, framework, system APKs etc

Installation:
MAGLDR 1.11 or greater required, Radio 2.12.50.xx is reccommended. Load phone in MAGLDR menu mode, select USB flasher. Connect phone to PC with USB cable (allow it to install drivers if necessary) and flash the ROM with the supplied DFT flasher. Its that simple :)

Kernel changelog + Download + GPL compliance information:

Kernel : GL_Core_v5b

Built from latest master GIT git://gitorious.org/linux-on-wince-htc/linux_on_wince_htc.git

OC 1190/1536mhz added to acpu file, Added IO optimisation sourced from hastarin, Added latest YAFFS + cpufreq drivers from tytung GIT.

The kernel code is not modified in any way from what is available on the below linked repositories + patch file, the only difference being the custom build configuration. All credits for kernel modifications go to hastarin, tytung, cotulla, DFT, markinus and anyone else listed as contributing on the commit list and changelogs

- Latest Patches
- Automatic overclock scaling up to 1190mhz / 1536mhz
- Interactive governor as default
- No Undervolt 1190, No undervolt 1536 and Undervolt 1190 kernels availbale
- Reverted to no-op (better IO performance)
- Reverted to SLUB (better system latencies)
- Added htcleo.board.c tweaks from hastarin
- EXT 2/3/4 support
- Added netfilter for WiFi tethering support throught 3rd party apps
- Fixed 60ma after call drain
- Fixed LED notifications
- Pulled latest commits and rebuilt
- Improved compatability for more devices with Undervolt_1190 and 1536mhz kernels
- Slight performance increase over v4

You can download the complete patch set i use here http://htcfanboys.com/CleanEx/Kernel/KERNEL PATCH.7z

You can download a complete ready to use build for other roms and chefs to use here http://htcfanboys.com/CleanEx/Kernel/DISTRIBUTION KERNEL.7z

Download:
NAND DFT FLASH >> http://htcfanboys.com/CleanEx/CleanDROID 2.55.7z

Build info
~~~~!!!! IMPORTANT - READ !!!!~~~~
From now on, the rom .7z you have downloaded will contain 3 boot.img files. Choose which one you want to try and delete the other two, then rename the one you have chosen to "boot.img", then flash. If you have windows set to auto hide file extensions (99.9% people do) renaming the file to "boot" will be sufficient, otherwise it will end up being called boot.img.img and DFT wont see it!

The three choices are:
- 1190mhz No Undervolt (most stable)
- Undervolt 1190mhz (battery saver - might not work on all devices)
- 1536mhz No Undervolt (Will consume more battery, but faster, compatible with most devices)

Changelog: v2.55
- Ditched undervolting for all but 1190 kernel (for battery saving)
- Added 1536mhz kernel, will work on most devices but use more battery
- Kernel voltage changes should fix FC for everyone whose phone can handle the undervolt 1190 / 1536 kernel
- Flash keep data supported from 2.51/2.50

Changelog: v2.51
- Kernel changes, increased min voltage on UV kernels
- More devices (almost all) should work with UV1190 and UV1305 kernels
- Some minor tweaks
- lil bit faster
- Battery drain should be improved

Changelog: v2.50
- Added 3 different boot.img files to archive (see above)
- Pulled latest commits from GIT, kernel patches and updates
- Rebuilt rom, stability improved
- Updated to CM 6.1.1 from stock Desire build
- INIT changes for uber fast booting

Changelog: v2.02
- Several kernel changes for performance
- Switch to interactive governor for better battery life and improved IO
- INIT changes to decrease boot time slightly
- Added SMU (super mega ultraness)
- Reduced by 2mb
- Fixed netfilter and 60ma after call drain

Changelog: v2.00
- Totally rebuilt from the ground up from latest stable Desire CM build
- Completely removed compcache service for more performance
- Smallest build yet - 321mb free on euro HD2!
- Newer custom kernel + accompanying INIT
- Fastest ROM yet!

Changelog: v1.40
- fixed the broken apps to SD feature
- recompiled kernel with latest GIT commits
- tweaked kernel, rom now more responsive, less battery drain, fixed various issues
- fresh flash required

(old changelogs removed)

Additional Info!
Attached to this post is the "LiveWallpaperPicker.apk" install it to be able to set your homescreen wallpaper to any live wallpapers you may have installed

Also attached is GenieWidget for those that want the standard news+weather widget (which is rubbish IMO)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits and Thanks
OCM7, Fadzy, JoPlayer, The_Scotsman, Jan-Willem, Cotulla, Bepe, DFT team and anybody i have forgotten!

Attachments

• LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
    28.2 KB · Views: 3,207
Last edited:

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
FAQ

Q: How to change homescreen dpi?
A: Install Ted (text editor) from market and edit your build.prop or use LCD Density from market.

Q: I have problem with resolution in games.
A: Uncheck compatability mode in spare parts and reboot.

Q: How to keep all the app and settings of the old version?
A: Use MyBackup Pro from Market.

Q: When will FM radio work?
A: When i can get it to work - thats why it has been removed

Q: How to activate battery %?
A: Go to Settings/CyanogenMod settings/user interface/status bar/then click battery %

Q: I'm noticing more battery drain than usuall.
A: You will need to drain/recharge battery before you get full life expectancy out if it - just like any flash.

Q: If you completely run down the battery, would you be able to charge it with the phone again?
A: If your battery is dead, press and hold Vol Down and plug in USB cable / charger at same time. Phone will boot into bootloader and charge there just fine. Leave for 20 mins, pull battery, reboot and charge normally. If phone has just run down, plugging in the charger will usually turn it on.

Q: does it has htc sense?
A: No.

Q: Screenshots?
A: No need, its standard Froyo with ADW launcher

Last edited:

Krendelrus

Nov 17, 2010
Cool, i think that when it's not sense, it should be a cyanogenmod :)
Don't mind making an SD version, for those that are on Windows Phone 7? That would be awesome.

jigners

Apr 27, 2009
Swansea
Yay! Are the pillars of winmo ROM cooking migrating to Android NAND. Not a surprise at all everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon. I won't be surprise to see Dutty Throy, Kwbr and the likes here.

seavers11

May 11, 2007
Can u post the gapps please ? that will be great.. or like mdeejay in his builds when i logged in into market he ask me what i want to install...

Reactions: jirka607

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
Can u post the gapps please ? that will be great.. or like mdeejay in his builds when i logged in into market he ask me what i want to install...

all of the apps removed are freely available in the MArket, no need to post them when you can get them from there. You dont need any special ones or anything, whats available in market will work just fine :)

I removed them because not everyone for example will want Google Voice, or Youtube, or Voice Search............ this way you can choose your own preference.

Reactions: Jambo17

kernelbase

Feb 5, 2009
look good from your feature list:)

i'm downloading and will try
:rolleyes:
but
is it data.img, App2SD or data2Ext?

lenarass

Jan 12, 2011
which screen with green logo goes off and appear a black screen with a green logo and 2 antennas of it flashing around without something happening ?
what should i do ?:p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CleanDROID
    Following on from my WM 6.5 ROMs for the HD2, I now present my first NANDroid ROM. Built for speed, space and maximum customisability to be decided by you - the users!

Main Features:
    - Extreme speed and responsiveness
    - Froyo 2.2.1
    - CyanogenMOD 6.1.1
    - ADW Launcher
    - Standard Framework
    - Ultra Tiny, 320mb free space after flash on Euro HD2
    - Gingerbread Keyboard
    - LCD Density is 190 for the true HD look
    - Custom initrd for performance
    - Custom kernel for max performance and battery life

The ROM is small because it is stirpped of all Google applications and varoius other features, such as wallpapers. No wallpapers are supplied other than the one it comes with so you must provide your own. Everything that has been removed is freely available from the Market, so you can choose what you want and nothing is forced upon you

The ROM is completely rooted and SU is working correctly so you will easily be able to change animations, framework, system APKs etc

Installation:
    MAGLDR 1.11 or greater required, Radio 2.12.50.xx is reccommended. Load phone in MAGLDR menu mode, select USB flasher. Connect phone to PC with USB cable (allow it to install drivers if necessary) and flash the ROM with the supplied DFT flasher. Its that simple :)

Kernel changelog + Download + GPL compliance information:

Kernel : GL_Core_v5b

Built from latest master GIT git://gitorious.org/linux-on-wince-htc/linux_on_wince_htc.git

OC 1190/1536mhz added to acpu file, Added IO optimisation sourced from hastarin, Added latest YAFFS + cpufreq drivers from tytung GIT.

The kernel code is not modified in any way from what is available on the below linked repositories + patch file, the only difference being the custom build configuration. All credits for kernel modifications go to hastarin, tytung, cotulla, DFT, markinus and anyone else listed as contributing on the commit list and changelogs

- Latest Patches
    - Automatic overclock scaling up to 1190mhz / 1536mhz
    - Interactive governor as default
    - No Undervolt 1190, No undervolt 1536 and Undervolt 1190 kernels availbale
    - Reverted to no-op (better IO performance)
    - Reverted to SLUB (better system latencies)
    - Added htcleo.board.c tweaks from hastarin
    - EXT 2/3/4 support
    - Added netfilter for WiFi tethering support throught 3rd party apps
    - Fixed 60ma after call drain
    - Pulled latest commits and rebuilt
    - Improved compatability for more devices with Undervolt_1190 and 1536mhz kernels
    - Slight performance increase over v4

You can download the complete patch set i use here http://htcfanboys.com/CleanEx/Kernel/KERNEL PATCH.7z

You can download a complete ready to use build for other roms and chefs to use here http://htcfanboys.com/CleanEx/Kernel/DISTRIBUTION KERNEL.7z

Download:
    NAND DFT FLASH >> http://htcfanboys.com/CleanEx/CleanDROID 2.55.7z

Build info
    ~~~~!!!! IMPORTANT - READ !!!!~~~~
    From now on, the rom .7z you have downloaded will contain 3 boot.img files. Choose which one you want to try and delete the other two, then rename the one you have chosen to "boot.img", then flash. If you have windows set to auto hide file extensions (99.9% people do) renaming the file to "boot" will be sufficient, otherwise it will end up being called boot.img.img and DFT wont see it!

The three choices are:
    - 1190mhz No Undervolt (most stable)
    - Undervolt 1190mhz (battery saver - might not work on all devices)
    - 1536mhz No Undervolt (Will consume more battery, but faster, compatible with most devices)

Changelog: v2.55
    - Ditched undervolting for all but 1190 kernel (for battery saving)
    - Added 1536mhz kernel, will work on most devices but use more battery
    - Kernel voltage changes should fix FC for everyone whose phone can handle the undervolt 1190 / 1536 kernel
    - Flash keep data supported from 2.51/2.50

Changelog: v2.51
    - Kernel changes, increased min voltage on UV kernels
    - More devices (almost all) should work with UV1190 and UV1305 kernels
    - Some minor tweaks
    - lil bit faster
    - Battery drain should be improved

Changelog: v2.50
    - Added 3 different boot.img files to archive (see above)
    - Pulled latest commits from GIT, kernel patches and updates
    - Rebuilt rom, stability improved
    - Updated to CM 6.1.1 from stock Desire build
    - INIT changes for uber fast booting

Changelog: v2.02
    - Several kernel changes for performance
    - Switch to interactive governor for better battery life and improved IO
    - INIT changes to decrease boot time slightly
    - Added SMU (super mega ultraness)
    - Reduced by 2mb
    - Fixed netfilter and 60ma after call drain

Changelog: v2.00
    - Totally rebuilt from the ground up from latest stable Desire CM build
    - Completely removed compcache service for more performance
    - Smallest build yet - 321mb free on euro HD2!
    - Newer custom kernel + accompanying INIT
    - Fastest ROM yet!

Changelog: v1.40
    - fixed the broken apps to SD feature
    - recompiled kernel with latest GIT commits
    - tweaked kernel, rom now more responsive, less battery drain, fixed various issues
    - fresh flash required

(old changelogs removed)

Additional Info!
    Attached to this post is the "LiveWallpaperPicker.apk" install it to be able to set your homescreen wallpaper to any live wallpapers you may have installed

Also attached is GenieWidget for those that want the standard news+weather widget (which is rubbish IMO)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Credits and Thanks
    OCM7, Fadzy, JoPlayer, The_Scotsman, Jan-Willem, Cotulla, Bepe, DFT team and anybody i have forgotten!
    Can some post a CWR Zip? This would be greatly appreciated.

All CWM recovery zip files below have been tested on several T8585's
    The Edify scripts will be streamlined as soon as time allows...

LATEST CWM build

CleanDROID 2.5x ROM BUILD = BOOT_ zip + SYSTEM_ zip
    --------------------------------------------------------------

CleanDROID CWM zip SYSTEM install only:

SYSTEM_CleanDROID_CWM_FM_2.55.zip
    recommended partition size: 85M+

CleanDROID CWM zip BOOT install only:

If you've no intention to use the CleanDROID build but would like to try a GL_Core kernel update for your specific ROM, go away, go HERE

GL_Core v11 No Undervolt 1190mHz (extended battery support)
    BOOT_GL_coreV11_CleanDROID_CWM.zip

GL_Core v11 Normal Undervolt 1190mHz (extended battery support)
    BOOT_GL_coreV11_UV_CleanDROID_CWM.zip

GL_Core v10 No Undervolt 1190mHz
    BOOT_GL_coreV10_CleanDROID_CWM.zip

GL_Core v10 Normal Undervolt 1190mHz
    BOOT_GL_coreV10_UV_CleanDROID_CWM.zip

OCM 1190mHz
    BOOT_OCM1190_CWM_1.30.zip
    this is the original kernel from ocm7. If you're not happy with the GL_core kernels, try this one.
    It's rock solid and still one of my favourites.

tytung R6 1190mHz
    tytung series
    Another pretty good alternative, working great for me.
    If all other kernels fail, give this one a try

If you download a CWM recovery zip file and appreciate the efforts, click the [THANKS] button* at the bottom of this message , so I can keep track if there is still a demand for a CWM zip or if I'm doing this all for jack s*** :D *(if you're not logged in, you wont see this button)

ARCHIVED CWM builds
    CleanDROID_v2.02_cwm_fm.zip
    needs a minimal 83M system partition.
    For safety 85M+ as a bottom line is highly recommended. Keeps you still living on the edge.. ;)

CleanDROID_v2.00_cwm_fm.zip
    includes themed FM radio which fits the beautiful MontAlbert theme (themed by FrAsErTag)
    needs a minimal 86M system partition if you flash the MontAlbert theme afterwards with metamorph...

CleanDROID_v1.30_cwm_fm.zip
    needs a minimal 85M system partition
    needs some manual tweaking to reduce battery consumption, but still pretty good for daily use.

All CWM zip's (except BOOT_ zip's) include some personal preferences, i.e.
    • Zeam launcher instead of ADW launcher
    • Dialer One
    • FM radio thanks FrAsErTag
    • lcd density set to 216 ppi (true HD2 display density)
    • dns set to OpenDNS to speed up ip resolving

Before flashing, always do a magldr hard reset and wipe dalvik cache!

Suggestions for a partion layout, see HERE

If you download a CWM recovery zip file and appreciate the efforts, click the [THANKS] button* at the bottom of this message , so I can keep track if there is still a demand for a CWM zip or if I'm doing this all for jack s*** :D *(if you're not logged in, you wont see this button)
    FAQ

Q: How to change homescreen dpi?
    A: Install Ted (text editor) from market and edit your build.prop or use LCD Density from market.

Q: I have problem with resolution in games.
    A: Uncheck compatability mode in spare parts and reboot.

Q: How to keep all the app and settings of the old version?
    A: Use MyBackup Pro from Market.

Q: When will FM radio work?
    A: When i can get it to work - thats why it has been removed

Q: How to activate battery %?
    A: Go to Settings/CyanogenMod settings/user interface/status bar/then click battery %

Q: I'm noticing more battery drain than usuall.
    A: You will need to drain/recharge battery before you get full life expectancy out if it - just like any flash.

Q: If you completely run down the battery, would you be able to charge it with the phone again?
    A: If your battery is dead, press and hold Vol Down and plug in USB cable / charger at same time. Phone will boot into bootloader and charge there just fine. Leave for 20 mins, pull battery, reboot and charge normally. If phone has just run down, plugging in the charger will usually turn it on.

Q: does it has htc sense?
    A: No.

Q: Screenshots?
    A: No need, its standard Froyo with ADW launcher
    reserved for later use 2
    My most important criteria for any build is battery life.
    Does it still make sense to use this (setCPU) app to improve on battery life or current kernels (with interactive/smartass governors) are good enough?

@g.lewarne, what would be you recommendation on that?
    If setCPU is still a valuable option what profiles/governors would work best with
    this kernel?

the way my kernel+init is set up all setCPU / CPUTuner type apps are going to do is replicate the functionality - kinda pointless.

The INIT i supply automatically sets the correct scaling, and the correct governor to go with my kernel. In my testing, i prefer interactive governor over smartass (i just find it less laggy at times even though smartass is meant to be superior, but then again it wasnt bulit with the HD2 CPU in mind)

more info-

Kernel i supply does boot time CPU lock, and then passes frequency control over to userspace (the INIT). When the system sleeps, or is at idle, the kernel regains control and clocks down very rapidly to 245mhz and stays there unless some background process (such as mail download) occurs.

I have also tweaked the kernel frequency scaling for a less aggressive ramp-down when phone is active, meaning that it wont immediatly jump down the frequency scale after 0.8 seconds of relative inactivity. By keeping this ramp-down time higher, the CPU is more responsive when activity occurs within the set timeframe (hope your following me here) since its already running in the higher frequency bands.

In short, the only thing that you can really change any more with CPU apps is the scheduling governor (smartass / interactive / permformance etc). But, as i just said, its not really worth bothering with that any more either.

I believe that most of the recent kernels by other chefs also behave in a similar manner, although probably not to the same degree as mine behaves.

Its easier for me to apply this sort of system to my specific rom as i also build the init myself, so can match them both perfectly.

Hope that explains it :)

Some of you newer to this rom/thread might not be aware that i have actually, physically measured battery drain (with a USB logging multimeter) and regardless fo what your phone reports as current draw (with current widget or similar) that ACTUAL drain @ the battery is quite different.

Most CPU frequencies only have very very minor voltage jumps, the minimum @ 245 being 950ma and the max at 1190 is 1100ma

And more importantly, if the CPU is say at 998mhz but not doing anything, it will use no more power than at lower speeds due to internal CPU power control systems, as i also confirmed with multimeter.

basically what im trying to say is, flash the rom, calibrate battery (full charge then delete the battery stats.bin) let it drain, and after that you will have excellent battery life :)

EDIT:
    by the way, the easiest way of calibrating the battery for android is to make sure phone is absolutely fully charged before you flash the rom :)