5,594,386 Members 35,386 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KITCHEN] OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012) - pro wm/wp7 kitchen by barin

Tip us?

javichampi
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Has anyone tried this kitchen with Omnia II roms? There is one primitive kitchen only for this device on modaco forum.

HD2Owner
Old
(Last edited by HD2Owner; 19th January 2011 at 01:37 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by javichampi View Post
Has anyone tried this kitchen with Omnia II roms? There is one primitive kitchen only for this device on modaco forum.
i asked barin and this is what he told me:

it's the only way to try. OsBuilder can build NB0 for any device and then you need conversion tools to convert nb0 to omnia format.

if there is any old kitchen for omnia you can try to get conversion tools from it. i'm sure that every kitchen builds partitioned nb0 and then uses device specific tools to make special format rom file.

edit:
tutorial videos and more links from mobileunderground thread (by indiagroove) added.

edit2:
changelog added (old versions where missing). re-ordered changelog to save space for future changelogs.

javichampi
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2Owner View Post
i asked barin and this is what he told me:

it's the only way to try. OsBuilder can build NB0 for any device and then you need conversion tools to convert nb0 to omnia format.

if there is any old kitchen for omnia you can try to get conversion tools from it. i'm sure that every kitchen builds partitioned nb0 and then uses device specific tools to make special format rom file.
Thank you for your response,

well, the Omnia II can be flashed with nb0 files, that isn't the problem. But OmniaII's stock rom file is a .MST with multilingual support, and you can only extract english part directly from this file. So for non-english roms there is a tool that can create a dump directly from device, but it creates a .BIN file. As you said, if I convert this .bin file to .nb0, will I be able to make the dump with OSBuilder?
I'm a newbie cooker, and Omnia II dump is different to dump of HTC devices(even Omnia I too), for this reason I make the first question to anybody who have an Omnia II and can help me with possible specific configurations of the kitchen with this device.

Sorry for my poor english!!

HD2Owner
Old
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
osbuilder should work with nb0, nb and nbh.

you should give it a try..

javichampi
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2Owner View Post
osbuilder should work with nb0, nb and nbh.

you should give it a try..
Well, finally I can make the dump, but when I try to open the build to work with it, I obtain this error and OSBuilder closes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	495785  

Nixeus
Old
Thanks Meter 29

If os Builder create better rom from PlateformeRebuilder, i will test it
I'm waiting for EXT packages support
HTC Touch P3450 (ELF)
ROM: Wm6.1 Self-cooked rom [CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20273.1.3.3)]
IPL: 2.27.0002, USPL: 2.28.0000, Radio: 03.21.90

HD2Owner
Old
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixeus View Post

If os Builder create better rom from PlateformeRebuilder, i will test it
I'm waiting for EXT packages support
afaik, osbuilder does not support ext-format for various (good) reasons.

you have to convert ext to oem packages if you are adjusting a previous prb kitchen for osbuilder.

if you dump the rom with osbuilder it's not needed (osbuilder creates oem pkg's).

there are ext to oem conversion tools out there.

ultrashot is working on a nice tool to do this (i already used it to convert my evk based kitchen).

Farmer Ted
Old
Thanks Meter 88
I had been using EVK for over a year before I switched to os builder. I had close to a hundred EXT's that I had put together, and making the switch was daunting. I first decide to play around with OS Kitchen (easy switch), and found that it created dsm's for all of my EXT. Once I had the dsm's, it was very easy to convert my EXT's to OEM's, so that's why I switched over to OS Builder.
ROM: Retro ROM
Radio: 1.17.25.09

_Madmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
I want to try this kitchen, but it seems like I can't dump a stock ROM RUU in the kitchen? How can I extract the NBH file out of the RUU and dump it in the kitchen?
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

NOKIA Lumia 920 | OS: WP8 Apollo (8.0.9903.10)
NOKIA Lumia 800 | OS: WP7.5 Mango (7.10.8773.98)
HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)

HD2Owner
Old
(Last edited by HD2Owner; 23rd January 2011 at 05:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Madmatt View Post
I want to try this kitchen, but it seems like I can't dump a stock ROM RUU in the kitchen? How can I extract the NBH file out of the RUU and dump it in the kitchen?
first extract the content of ruu...exe with winrar.

then switch to "mode-dump tool" in osbuilder (upper right) and chose file->open file->open your nbh->create packages

a new "dump" folder will be created (this is your kitchen folder, time to move and rename it)

then switch to "mode-os builder" (upper right) and chose file->open folder->select kitchen folder (previously created "dump" folder)

The Following User Says Thank You to HD2Owner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]