[KITCHEN] OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012) - pro wm/wp7 kitchen by barin

Tip us?

_Madmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2Owner View Post
first extract the content of ruu...exe with winrar.

then switch to dump tool in osbuilder (upper right) and chose file->open file->open your nbh->create packages
Thanks! (What a shame I had not tried to extract the EXE )
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

NOKIA Lumia 920 | OS: WP8 Apollo (8.0.9903.10)
NOKIA Lumia 800 | OS: WP7.5 Mango (7.10.8773.98)
HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)

_Madmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Okay I did it But now when I opened it up in the kitchen (File => Open folder), after a while I can see that LZX and XPH compression is not supported. But however, in osKitchen I have used LZX compression without problems on the same ROM (stock HD Mini ROM).
Will I brick my device with using the "unsupported" LZX compression? Or should I use XPH or the default (and supported) XPR?
Windows Phone proves that you can make an original and innovative OS without copying Apple. Something Google didn't manage to do.

HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)

HD2Owner
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
my advice -> XPR
The Following User Says Thank You to HD2Owner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HD2Owner
Old
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Madmatt View Post
Okay I did it But now when I opened it up in the kitchen (File => Open folder), after a while I can see that LZX and XPH compression is not supported. But however, in osKitchen I have used LZX compression without problems on the same ROM (stock HD Mini ROM).
Will I brick my device with using the "unsupported" LZX compression? Or should I use XPH or the default (and supported) XPR?
you mean this:

XIP (cecompr.dll):
XPR: is supported
LZX: is not supported
XPH: is not supported

barin told me:

these strings mean that cecompr.dll in XIP support only XPR compression. You should change it for support other compression types

you can change the library during xip building - there is an option in xip settings

Nixeus
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Is there any real advantages to use osbuilder instead of kitchen based form PlateformeRebuilder ( instead OsKitchen zero).

Thanks a lot,

regards,

Nixeus
HTC Touch P3450 (ELF)
ROM: Wm6.1 Self-cooked rom [CE OS 5.2.20924 (Build 20273.1.3.3)]
IPL: 2.27.0002, USPL: 2.28.0000, Radio: 03.21.90

HD2Owner
Old
(Last edited by HD2Owner; 23rd January 2011 at 08:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
take a look at all the screenshots i made (first posts).

many nice features. for example:

-registry preview with detailed infos about the keys and wich rgu/provxml is editing value.
-editor for packages.sof/cif

just dump a rom and give it a try. you won't be disappointed...

mwalt2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixeus View Post
Is there any real advantages to use osbuilder instead of kitchen based form PlateformeRebuilder ( instead OsKitchen zero).

Thanks a lot,

regards,

Nixeus
Yes, this kitchen won't crash if you don't recmod certain things from dumped roms (like NTFConfig.dll, which causes all platform rebuilder kitchen to crash in my experience). There is also much more control over everything and you can have it set up to modify/exclude files while creating the ROM so your base kitchen stays the same (like if you want to turn a file into a module). It takes some learning, but it's the best kitchen I've used.

AndrewSh
Old
Thanks Meter 779
Quote:
Will I brick my device with using the "unsupported" LZX compression?....
LZX is not "unsupported". But to use it you should use cecompr.dll which supports that type of compression. Just put that dll wherever you want (in the kitchen folder) and define the path to it in Settings/XIP (second line from the bottom).
After that you can use LZX compression with predefined cecompr.dll
The default one from your OEMXIPKernel does not support anything but XPR.

I wanna underline that LZX compression reduces the rom image size but the device will run slower than with XPR.
LZX is useful for devices with small flash size and absolutely useless for HD2.

Example - when I make rom for Asus P525 - I for sure use LZX, but when I cook for Leo - I use XPR.

If you're interested in LZX - notify - I will attach the dll over here

Current devices:
HTC Titan - My own custom WP7.8 - 7.10.8862.144
HTC 7 Mozart - My own custom WP7.8 - 7.10.8862.144
HD2 TMOUS - My own custom WM 6.5.3 - OS 5.2.29136.5.3.12.17
Still support Asus P525
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndrewSh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Madmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSh View Post
If you're interested in LZX - notify - I will attach the dll over here
No thanks! If LZX makes my device slower, then I won't use it HD Mini has 512Mb ROM so that should definately be enough

One more question: in osKitchen I can disable some packages to not include it in the ROM. In this kitchen, should I just delete the folder in Windows Explorer?

And last but nnnot least, what about the file and registry previews? It says "Not available in public version.", however this seems a very nice feature to me

HTC 7 Mozart
HTC HD Mini (sold)

AndrewSh
Old
Thanks Meter 779
Quote:
... in osKitchen I can disable some packages to not include it in the ROM. In this kitchen, should I just delete the folder in Windows Explorer?
If you configured your kitchen according to the author's manual and videos - normally all your packages are displayed in the left tab. When you click the 5-th button in the menu shortcuts line (Show/hide other packages) your OsBilder screen is splitted to three tabs - left - bunched packages (dragged from the middle tab), middle tab - unbunched packages (you have them visible when you define the folders with SYS, OEM etc when you first open your kitchen or when you add some new packages to your SYS/OEM folders) and right tab with all the information.
You can operate with including/excluding packages to your rom only in the left tab - when your packages are bunched. (dragged and dropped to the left tab from the middle tab).
All the packages in the middle tab (unbunched) will be included into your rom. But you can for sure simply delete them physically in explorer to exclude. It's not so flexible as bunching them for the case you want later to use them. But it's up to you.

Quote:
And last but nnnot least, what about the file and registry previews? It says "Not available in public version.", however this seems a very nice feature to me
Here I can not help I use the full version. And for sure registry and file preview is very convenient and useful feature.
How to get the full version - you better write PM to Barin

Current devices:
HTC Titan - My own custom WP7.8 - 7.10.8862.144
HTC 7 Mozart - My own custom WP7.8 - 7.10.8862.144
HD2 TMOUS - My own custom WM 6.5.3 - OS 5.2.29136.5.3.12.17
Still support Asus P525

The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewSh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]