[TOOL] Advanced ROM Update Utility for Leo HD2 / Leo TMOUS by Barin (asusmobile.ru)

Search This thread

HD2Owner

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Neuhausen am Rheinfall
I post this on behalf of Barin (the author of the utility) and AndrewSh (tester, mobileug-thread)

DOWNLOAD:
LeoAdvancedRUU 1.0.4

SEE POST 2 FOR INFOS ABOUT DIFFERENT NAND CHIP VERSIONS

1. Possibility to choose one from several NBH files. Files should be placed in one folder with utility.
2. Possibility to choose the way (option) of flashing
3. Possibility to get NBH file info (Modification date, Model ID, CID, Version, Lang, Chunk size)

Regular
Hard Reset is performed straight after flashing automatically (good for NBH containing OS section)

Custom
No Hard Reset after flashing - like CustomRUU (good for Radio and Splash)

SSPL
Flashing with SSPL. Hard Reset is performed straight after flashing automatically (good for OS or Splash without HSPL)

Task 29
Full format of OS section. You will have to flash any ROM after usage!

ruuleoeng_248.jpg

Remeber as always:
Unskilled interference to your phone's OS can totally crash your device.
If you understand what are you going to do - go ahead.
No warranty.... use on your own risk.

Requirements:
HSPL
Net Framework 3.5

Other great tools by Barin:
OS Builder (WM Kitchen)
OS Builder 7 (WP7 Kitchen)
Titan Advanced ROM Update Utility
Mozart Advanced ROM Update Utility
Blackstone Advanced ROM Update Utility
Topaz Advanced ROM Update Utility
Kovsky Advanced ROM Update Utility
HTC Splash Tool

My projects:
HD2O ROM Series
X1O ROM Series
HTC HD2 stock ROM overview thread
Latest Opera 9.70 thread
HD2 WP7 donation fund for da_g
HD2 haret/linux/android donation fund for devs (cotulla, dcordes, markinus, letama, netripper)
HD2 6.5.3 global bold font fix (by ultrashot)
HD2Owner's youtube channel

Attachments

• ruuleoeng_248.jpg
    ruuleoeng_248.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,427
  • LeoAdvancedRUU.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 42,987
Last edited:

HD2Owner

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Neuhausen am Rheinfall
Important additional infos

ATTENTION!!

Important information concerning Leo flashing algorithm:

Leo is manufactured with 2 different NAND-Flash ROM chipset types. You can detect the type entering tri-color boot mode.
If you see
PB81120 SS-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Samsung - KBY00U00VM
If you have
PB1120 HX-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Hynix - h8BFS0WU0MCR

After one year usage Samsung chipset usually has a dozen of bad clusters. Hynix normally has none of them or just a couple.

So for devices with SS-B3 and Samsung chipset recommended flashing algorithm is the following:
1. Task29
2. Task32

For devices with HX-B(3/С) and Hynix chipset - Task28 is totally acceptable.

The chipset information is provided by haccker

Last edited:

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru

Leo is manufactured with 2 different NAND-Flash ROM chipset types. You can detect the type entering tri-color boot mode.
If you see
PB81120 SS-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Samsung - KBY00U00VM
If you have
PB1120 HX-B3 in the first line - that means NAND-Flash ROM from Hynix - h8BFS0WU0MCR

After one year usage Samsung chipset usually has a dozen of bad clusters. Hynix normally has none of them or just a couple.

So for devices with SS-B3 and Samsung chipset recommended flashing algorithm is the following:
1. Task29
2. Task32

HD2Owner, I suppose this info should be lifted up to first or second (reserved) post

jfrm

Feb 1, 2006
Marbella
Same here, PB81100 SS-BC....

Any Info?

And another question. I's possible to flash a Splash with Custom RUU without HSPL installed?

I'm flashing normaly with SSPL and the problem is that flashing just a splash cause a hard reset...

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Reactions: jfrm

BesTCooL

May 20, 2005
ı have HD2 phone working wolume keys working but phone dont enter bootloder mode how repair this ?

gewoonjan

Sep 3, 2010
erhm.. just wondering..
after a task 29 you need to use a task 32?
correct me if i'm wrong, but the way i get it from the first post is that task 32 is for splash and stuff right?
Anyways i'm just wondering why task 32 and not task 28 ;)

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
erhm.. just wondering..
after a task 29 you need to use a task 32?
correct me if i'm wrong, but the way i get it from the first post is that task 32 is for splash and stuff right?
Anyways i'm just wondering why task 32 and not task 28 ;)

Actually, after getting info the first post you can also read second post and maybe some other posts.
That's the explanation. But you are free to use any flashing sequence. It's up to you. We can only offer - we don't force you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I post this on behalf of Barin (the author of the utility) and AndrewSh (tester, mobileug-thread)

DOWNLOAD:
    LeoAdvancedRUU 1.0.4

SEE POST 2 FOR INFOS ABOUT DIFFERENT NAND CHIP VERSIONS

1. Possibility to choose one from several NBH files. Files should be placed in one folder with utility.
    2. Possibility to choose the way (option) of flashing
    3. Possibility to get NBH file info (Modification date, Model ID, CID, Version, Lang, Chunk size)

Regular
    Hard Reset is performed straight after flashing automatically (good for NBH containing OS section)

Custom
    No Hard Reset after flashing - like CustomRUU (good for Radio and Splash)

SSPL
    Flashing with SSPL. Hard Reset is performed straight after flashing automatically (good for OS or Splash without HSPL)

Task 29
    Full format of OS section. You will have to flash any ROM after usage!

ruuleoeng_248.jpg

Remeber as always:
    Unskilled interference to your phone's OS can totally crash your device.
    If you understand what are you going to do - go ahead.
    No warranty.... use on your own risk.

Requirements:
    HSPL
    Net Framework 3.5

Other great tools by Barin:
    OS Builder (WM Kitchen)
    OS Builder 7 (WP7 Kitchen)
    Titan Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Mozart Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Blackstone Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Topaz Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Kovsky Advanced ROM Update Utility
    HTC Splash Tool

My projects:
    HD2O ROM Series
    X1O ROM Series
    HTC HD2 stock ROM overview thread
    Latest Opera 9.70 thread
    HD2 WP7 donation fund for da_g
    HD2 haret/linux/android donation fund for devs (cotulla, dcordes, markinus, letama, netripper)
    HD2 6.5.3 global bold font fix (by ultrashot)
    HD2Owner's youtube channel
    Important additional infos

ATTENTION!!

If you see
    If you have

1. Task29
    2. Task32

HD2Owner, thank You very much for publishing and support

If you see
    If you have

1. Task29
    2. Task32

HD2Owner, I suppose this info should be lifted up to first or second (reserved) post
    Well i have read and learned a lot during the past months because i also own a Device with Bad Blocks and one without - both Hynix NAND. The one with BB's is a very "fresh" one, not been used much. Odd.
    Well, i just wanted to drop in here and say that Task 29 does a format on the NAND Partition filesystems (yaffs?? BinFS??) and by the looks of it, this format does not "cure" but marks the BB's and just relocates BB addesses to a healthy part of flash. So, Task 29 makes sense only, if the Chip has developed new bad blocks. As long as the count stays the same the initial format will have allocated reserve addresses to the existing bad blocks already. A "Cure" as such is impossible. A bad block will never recover. But i assume that's why you put that word "Cure" into quotes :)
    Someone else said, the controller of the NAND takes care of the marking and relocating of the bad blocks. If that's true, no action is taken by "task 29" regarding the treatment of Bad Blocks i believe. It then simply just writes around the marked BB's.
    I have now adapted a strategy of checking with MTTY "info 8" for new bad blocks and only doing a "Task 29" occasionally (as that one discovers Bad Blocks in further address ranges, Info 8 does NOT cover the full chip range - it keeps missing one of my 3 bad blocks). Of course, the output of "task 29" and "info 8" is only available with MTTY. The LEOadvancedRUU won't return that info into the GUI.