iPhone/iPod headphone controls function w/Focus

17th January 2011, 10:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 54

316 posts
More
I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I'm using a pair of Sony headphones with controls for iOS devices, and they have partial functionality with the Samsung Focus.

Only the center button works

Same as iPhone controls: single click for play/pause, double click to skip ahead, triple click to go back a song.

Volume buttons do not work.

Edit: The microphone doesn't work either, yet it cuts off the handset microphone. So if you place a call, there's no sound at all unless you unplug the headphones. You can hang up the call by pressing the button on the headphones though.

So... they're pretty much only good for controlling music.

It sucks that they only have partial functionality, I wish I knew of a way to make them work.
Last edited by jmattp; 18th January 2011 at 07:00 AM.
20th January 2011, 06:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kirkland, WA
Thanks Meter: 62

310 posts
More
I've heard rumors that you can get all of those features working in PlayerPro. They have a free five-day trial on the market; try it out, it has a headset section in the settings for hardware buttons. I'd love to know if you can get all of that functionality working through PlayerPro, as I'd have no problem dropping $100 on a nice set of ear buds w/ the iPod controls, but not without knowing all the music functionality works.
31st December 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 19

324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Deschain

I've heard rumors that you can get all of those features working in PlayerPro. They have a free five-day trial on the market; try it out, it has a headset section in the settings for hardware buttons. I'd love to know if you can get all of that functionality working through PlayerPro, as I'd have no problem dropping $100 on a nice set of ear buds w/ the iPod controls, but not without knowing all the music functionality works.

bump

has there been any development with this? im thinking of buying some b&w p5 headphones, but i'd really like it if they worked with my s3...
28th January 2013, 03:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Palmer Lake
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Donate to Me
More
Check this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1296763

I don't believe the Focus has different requirements then other WPs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
focus, headphones
Previous Thread Next Thread