Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KITCHEN]

Tip us?

leo70
Old
(Last edited by leo70; 18th January 2011 at 07:10 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [KITCHEN]

Hi all; I am new (here that is) but am fully capable microsoft certified & mvp coder.

Who is or want's to be or can help working on magldr compatible wp7 Kitchen and initial live-activated dwi rom?

1st goal here to make a kitchen then for hello_world just rebuild leo70 with live activated. Maybe get together here and setup proper dedicated irc. This may not be normal way to go about but I am not interested in social netiquette distractions. Just want to work on this and get it done. I have been using dumps (both my own and this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=915978 ) along with jtag, and everything at my disposal.

I am doing this now with progress already made and have been working on this since prior to leo70 public release.

if interested or have news or info please post here or pm me- thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-ThGraf View Post
Could we make a WP7 ROM with Chevronwp7 and all tweaks i cooked in?
I am hoping to and trying to and will make a kitchen and then this so soon: YES!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to leo70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leo70
Old
(Last edited by leo70; 18th January 2011 at 07:26 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo70 View Post
Anyone made any moves on .rgu to .provxml to enable service mode on leo70?

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\BootLauncher]
"Default"="ServiceApp.exe"

or:

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers\TFT P]
"DeviceName"="USBFNS3:"
"USB_MaxPower"=dword:32
"bcdDevice"=dword:00000000
"Product"="Generic Serial"
"idProduct"=dword:00000629
"Manufacturer"="Generic Manufacturer"
"idVendor"=dword:0000045e
"IClass"="{CC5195AC-BA49-48a0-BE17-DF6D1B0173DD}"
"Flags"=dword:00000002
"Prefix"="FTP"
"Dll"="tftp.dll"

Anyone use trivial ftp for FUU? anyone called these DLLs or used/moded these keys?

also: per Da_G partition layout and comments for wp7 hard spl: for FFU/RUU: is it serial or usb/kitl/ethernet?

I think injecting a certificate into leo70 and rebuilding dump up will then allow an ffu to be flashed; debugging this then leads to a lot; hspl, kitchen, new roms.
Where is all the action/info !?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imtiyazee
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I wish you all the luck to make this a wonderful experience. Hope people with relevant knowledge and skills join you for this cause.
The Following User Says Thank You to imtiyazee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ceesheim
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2088

DONATE TO ME
first there need to be some tools to be made , like Reloc , rebuild imgfs , maybe a platformbuilder like bepe did.

after that you could make a kitchen.

the hottest geek girl in the world SassiBoB, SassyBoB, Sassy BoB, sassibob

Iron Fist !!!

XDA-Developers is all about Developers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceesheim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sandman01
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Da_G have posted some interesting information in WP7 Development & Hacking section

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=649914

maybe this would also help to understand the structure of the (our DFT) rom.
best, regards
Sandman01

HTC HD7 @ WP7.8
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) ==> trying to port Ubuntu-Touch
WeTab @ Win8.1
The Following User Says Thank You to sandman01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HazzBazz
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Sounds good guys. Potentially integration of the android set up could be good bypassing the need to copy partitions across etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to HazzBazz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pernaboy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Wow ... good luck my friend

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA apptalk leo android

Just Try Once!
HD2 Android NAND ROM

The Following User Says Thank You to pernaboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

netdrg
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
The imgfs rebuild with all modify is possible with tools here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=685272

But a this time i don't find way to rebuild flash.store.bin (part04.bin = os.nb) content bin's:

LOGO
BLDR
NK
SLDR1
SLDR2
IMGFS
USER

Maybe the DFT wait to give the tool for community ??

;p
The Following User Says Thank You to netdrg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s13igh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good luck seems an excellent idea

leo70
Old
(Last edited by leo70; 19th January 2011 at 01:26 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdrg View Post
The imgfs rebuild with all modify is possible with tools here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=685272

But a this time i don't find way to rebuild flash.store.bin (part04.bin = os.nb) content bin's:

LOGO
BLDR
NK
SLDR1
SLDR2
IMGFS
USER

Maybe the DFT wait to give the tool for community ??

;p
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazzBazz View Post
Sounds good guys. Potentially integration of the android set up could be good bypassing the need to copy partitions across etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman01 View Post
Da_G have posted some interesting information in WP7 Development & Hacking section

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=649914

maybe this would also help to understand the structure of the (our DFT) rom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceesheim View Post
first there need to be some tools to be made , like Reloc , rebuild imgfs , maybe a platformbuilder like bepe did.

after that you could make a kitchen.
Cool.

we can at least discuss it all here maybe: put all relevant info together.

I agree with u ceesheim, with tools required etc.

What about 7/CE platform builder though, modify, plus existing tools for imgfs etc? I was thinking also: for now anyway: just disassembling dwi.exe and figuring out all of the other partxx of this build which gets around non-wp7-spl. its a great hack and bears with it some interesting methods which may lead to other things.

I am really just exploring all options for now; any ideas, thoughts, discoveries? To be honest I am only reverse enginerring it all and have not yet tried to rebuild flash.store.bin (part04.bin = os.nb). Was going to try a few os.nb in there and just see response of magldr etc. Been lazy last few days lol.

But point is seems FUU/RUU and then Cotulla,DFT,Bepe' DWI give us two different paths to explore here!

What are exact known problems & current states on that: trying to do dump to (re)-build+flash?

I think that is where I will work - figure out other partxx.bin and magldr and disassemble dwi.exe to make flasher.

Thoughts?