Possible solution for issues with MAGLDR, USB Flasher.

Search This thread

hlvl

Jul 5, 2010
Let me share one solution that I developed recently.
At some point, after numerous reinstallation of Android, my HD2 become undiscoverable for MAGLDR as well as for Android flasher via USB Flasher. I wasn't able to flash anything. "Waiting for USB connection" was displayed until timed out. I did reset phone, removed battery, rebooted PC - nothing happened. I started to think about replacing USB cable.
Here is what helped at the end:
- Disconnect phone from PC
- Open Command Prompt
- Type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1", Enter.
- Type "start Devmgmt.msc", Enter.
- Two commands above should be entered in the same command prompt window or it won't have an effect.
- When Device Manager opens select View->Show Hidden Devices
- Expand all nodes and remove all inactive devices - and icon of such device is grayed out

Here is an article about it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241257

After that when I connected phone with USB cable system reinstalled drivers from scratch and I was able to flash.

Last edited:

hlvl

Jul 5, 2010
I'm not sure it is somehow connected with Android or ADB since when HD2 is in flasher mode it is not runnung Android. The device is detected like HTC Usb Sync or something like this.

hlvl

Jul 5, 2010
Another option is to use updated flasher attached. I found it on russian forum.

Attachments

• ANDR_INSTALL.zip
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,912
Reactions: lorddaniel2006

MattOG

Dec 22, 2009
I'm not sure it is somehow connected with Android or ADB since when HD2 is in flasher mode it is not runnung Android. The device is detected like HTC Usb Sync or something like this.

Meh... I can't read. For some reason I read that you were talking about connecting your phone to the PC, i.e. within android, for USB mass storage etc....

Even the topic of the thread says otherwise. I'll go get my eyes tested...

hlvl

Jul 5, 2010
As I said I tried to reboot PC but it didn't help. I doubt ADB start with Windows but rather only when you start using it.

temporary_24

May 29, 2010
At some point, after numerous reinstallation of Android, my HD2 become undiscoverable for MAGLDR as well as for Android flasher via USB Flasher. I wasn't able to flash anything. "Waiting for USB connection" was displayed until timed out. I did reset phone, removed battery, rebooted PC - nothing happened. I started to think about replacing USB cable.
- Open Command Prompt
- Two commands above should be entered in the same command prompt window or it won't have an effect.
- Expand all nodes and remove all inactive devices - and icon of such device is grayed out

After that when I connected phone with USB cable system reinstalled drivers from scratch and I was able to flash.
Thanks man. I was already freaking out because of this.

juggs

Jan 12, 2008
Mine has always done that. I just have to wait until the flasher program gets to the Looking for USB step and disconnect/reconnect the USB cable.

bboyoro

Jun 4, 2010
I have the same problem but in bootloader my usb connection works...when i try to flash recovery with usb flasher mode in magdlr doesnt.
Wait for usb............and is stuck like that.So its not the cable..i tried to install new driver..i tried with command prompt....im freaking out!!

dmeister3787

Jun 23, 2010
Installing WMDC 6.1 worked for me

- Open Command Prompt

Had same problem getting PC to recognize HD2 in order to Task29, etc...
I downloaded/installed WMDC 6.1 (for Vista, but works with W7) and walla... fixed! Link HERE.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - Open Command Prompt

Another option is to use updated flasher attached. I found it on russian forum.