Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What's your daily driver?
Stock Windows Mobile 6.5.x 291 7.96%
Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.x 561 15.34%
Android SD/RAM 496 13.56%
Android NAND 1,779 48.63%
Windows Phone 7 520 14.22%
Ubuntu 7 0.19%
MeeGo 4 0.11%
Voters: 3658. You may not vote on this poll

What OS are you using as your daily driver?

Tip us?

samizad
Old
(Last edited by samizad; 24th January 2011 at 11:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
I tried WP7 on my HD2 but could not get past the Live Services verification step. I've given up for now but I absolutely loved the interface and the web browsing. It made me seriously think about getting an HD7 as my next phone until I realised nothing is as open and moddable as Android. I've switched back to Android 2.3 on NAND.

Edit: Finally SUCCESS!!! I got the verification. Going to try WP7 for a while. A seriosuly annoying thing is that some apps that are free on Android Market are charged on WP7 Marketplace.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samizad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AverGo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Last 2 days, I've used WP7 inc. live services and Android on SD Duel Boot. The best thing about WP7 is the smoothness of the OS although the multitouch sucks compared to Android.
I'm most likely gonna go back to Nandroid and use SD to test other Android builds.
So basically a duel boot android/android.

THUDUK
Old
Thanks Meter 149
WP7 for me, well at least for the last four days...here is why

GPS...Instant no waiting at all for a fix, using Endomondo for running, the route is spot on, best i have ever seen on any of my other phones, or even this HD2 running WM to Android.

SOUND...the sound quality, through headphones on WP7 is second none, why on eaarth its so much better than Android I really don't know and the ZUNE player and online stuff is simply fantastic

OFFICE...miles better than WM office, Android office apps just don't cut it

GAMES...try Harvest wow can't believe my HD2 is actually running this. loads more to try, also loving AlphaJAX bit like scrabble and wordsmith on Android only slicker.

INTERFACE...slick super fast, makes Android and WM on the HD2 seem antiquated

SOCIAL...the people update is simply perfect, facebook and twitter apps never look so good, loving the swiping about

KEYBOARD...never used such a easy to use keyboard, not sure why its so much better, I can type faster then on swipe, weird

Camera and Video... well this is hands down miles better than anything else for the HD2, did some filming at the weekend and the clarity is amazing

CALENDAR...quick easy and perfect for me to add and adjust my busy schedule

PHONE and SMS...sound quality and signal just work

Ok there are few teething problems but hopefully between XDA and Microsoft these will improve, ie...cut/paste, flash would be nice, but uses to much of my 3g allowance, Multitasking not that it needs it, it runs so fast, but perhaps being able to run my online radio with the brilliant rescoradio and do other things would be nice, otherwise you can have music running all the time and do other things, lets see what happens...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to THUDUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Marvlesz
Old
Thanks Meter 739
BTW you should cross MeeGo, 'cause it's not been released yet, not even a beta.
I'm using an Activated WP7
Do you have a question about the HD2 ? Ask it here for an instant response.

nexus⁴: Carbon 4.4 with moob kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvlesz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

polo735
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Lately I've been running MDJ Gingerbread CM7 flashed from recovery. I like being able to quickly create a clockworkmod backup, swap sd card, then flash WP7 or ubuntu just to mess around with. Afterward I can just flash back clockworkmod, stick my other sd card back in, restore and go right back to gingerbread.
HTC One

Motorola Photon 4G
Samsung GSII E4GT

HTC HD2
HTC Kaiser

demaxmeister
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Looking at the poll results thusfar, it seems that the HD2 has to be called an android phone xD

liehuo
Old
Thanks Meter 30
well, my hd2 runs on custom wm. have been jumping between energy and dutty rom. I must say both are equally good and rock stable. But i decided to stay with dutty because his comes with chinese input. tried andriod SD but it's eating battery as if it's free! so decided to stay with wm.

orb3000
Old
(Last edited by orb3000; 19th January 2011 at 08:17 PM.)
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3030
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
@OP
You forgot to include on the poll Windows 98 and 95 both running on Leo too
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

demaxmeister
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000 View Post
@OP
You forgot to include on the poll Windows 98 and 95 both running on Leo too

Perhaps a Senior Mod can add this ones
Actually, knowingly didn't add them as they don't support phone functions so they can't be used as a daily driver.

Mafioso
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Guys using Stock Windows Mobile 6.5.x on device like HD2 don't deserve to be on XDA

Scan my Avatar to reveal the secret message

Tags
android, da-ily, da-ily.com, mobile, phone, ubuntu, windows