Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What's your daily driver?
Stock Windows Mobile 6.5.x 291 7.96%
Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.x 561 15.34%
Android SD/RAM 496 13.56%
Android NAND 1,779 48.63%
Windows Phone 7 520 14.22%
Ubuntu 7 0.19%
MeeGo 4 0.11%
Voters: 3658. You may not vote on this poll

What OS are you using as your daily driver?

OP demaxmeister

19th January 2011, 08:37 PM   |  #21  
Flag Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 7

198 posts
More
Using darkstones Froyo RAM SD build.

I don't really want to go any deeper into the phone and change things too much with NAND
19th January 2011, 08:55 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 4

48 posts
WM7 for me, have been using it since Sat. Love the speed and the look it's gotta be the fastest ROM I've used, certainly a hellova lot faster than NANdroid (sorry guys). I know there's a few teething probs (and I've lost Copilot for the moment). But it'll all be sorted soon... What a fantastic phone we all own...
The Following User Says Thank You to hammered09 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2011, 09:04 PM   |  #23  
Moderator Committee / XDA Portal Team - Title Under Construction. Please Pardon Our Dust
Thanks Meter: 7,231

14,147 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PH

I used winmo stock for the first 3 weeks i had my Leo. Just while i got my head around the differences from my diamond. Then flashed an Energy 6.5.x build and not looked back (that was almost a year ago). I've used a couple of android SD builds and i came to the conclusion that it wasn't for me. It feels like an open source iphone for teenagers. Hell, i've used my sisters desire with the stock rom and the feel of the whole phone was lacking compared to my HD2.

This poll is a good idea there is just one problem with it. Android users are very vocal about their love of the operating system. Winmo users tend to be much less so. I think this has a lot to do with the user bases age range (ie alot older than most android users). I also think it has something to do with the original demographic Windows CE was aimed at - IT professionals. Winmo has grown from this and taken people like me with it.

I will try out WP7 but i'm waiting for the february update first. Copy/paste is a must for me.

+1 On this..........
19th January 2011, 09:16 PM   |  #24  
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,045

22,289 posts
Donate to Me
Oh I see!
Yeah you are right
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by demaxmeister

Actually, knowingly didn't add them as they don't support phone functions so they can't be used as a daily driver.

You must respect to all members who decide to stay with stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso

Guys using Stock Windows Mobile 6.5.x on device like HD2 don't deserve to be on XDA

19th January 2011, 09:25 PM   |  #25  
Flag Isle of Wight
Thanks Meter: 8

126 posts
More
im currently on stock update of 6.5 but next week i am going to take the plunge and go for Nand so my vote would then go for nand!
19th January 2011, 09:26 PM   |  #26  
Flag Eschweiler
Thanks Meter: 8

49 posts
Donate to Me
The main reason i'm now using wp7 is cos of the Keyboard, i love it. Its better than all the keyboards i have ever used or tested and thats why i dont want to flash another rom on my hd2 even though i know that wp7 needs lots of adjustments.
19th January 2011, 09:30 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I've been using WP7 since its release. I've found my phone to be more reliable; I was previously using a NANDroid ROM. Battery life and general performance has been great. I can't see myself going to a different OS anytime soon. Soooo happy!
19th January 2011, 09:30 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 5

159 posts
More
I am dual booting WP7 and Desire Z, but spend most time in WP7.
The Following User Says Thank You to aenedor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2011, 09:35 PM   |  #29  
Flag Mannheim
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Talking
I have changed my device.
Now i use a real android phone - Motorola Droid 2 (Milestone 2 is the name in germany).
I love android and the milestone with the hardware keyboard.

I admin my homeserver with ssh from the phone and controlled my windows 7 PC remote with teamviewer.
19th January 2011, 09:57 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 2

244 posts
More
First of all. I freaking love my HD2. This is the best phone out there hands down! I was a loyal windows 6.5 & 6.5.3 flasher for the longest time. Then I tried Android and never looked back to Windows again. Started on the SD builds tight away and was stoked to see the Nand builds. Some are just perfect. I love Android over ANY OS out there. BUT, because I like to try the latest to see if it could be the greatest, I am currently giving W7 a shot. Been running running it fully functional for about 4 days. Its cool, bit I miss the options to do basically anything I want with Android. I'll run this a while, but pretty sure it hasn't stole my heart from Android.
Rock On.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, da-ily, da-ily.com, mobile, phone, ubuntu, windows
Previous Thread Next Thread