Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[I9000B] Brazil Galaxy S, Thread/Discussion/Roms (Updated: ICS for I9000B)

Tip us?

andifds
Old
(Last edited by andifds; 20th February 2012 at 04:38 PM.) Reason: 2012 UPDATE - Added ICS
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [I9000B] Brazil Galaxy S, Thread/Discussion/Roms (Updated: ICS for I9000B)

READ THIS POST BEFORE ASK! USE ENGLISH ONLY PLEASE!

General Note: There are now four official models of the Samsung Galaxy S outside the US: the GT-I9000 (International), GT-I9000M (Canada), GT-I9000B (Brazil), GT-I9000T (Mexico). All information in this FAQ is based on the GT-I9000 International version. Most of them also apply to the other models. The I9000M and I9000T are virtually identical to the I9000 and are mostly compatible with I9000 software. The I9000B has an added digital television receiver and is generally not as compatible. Please check carefully before starting to mess with the firmware on your device, check for possible compatibility issues beforehand and ALWAYS make sure you have three button recovery

IMPORTANT NOTES FOR I9000B:Ok guys, now is possible find more than one modded kerner for I9000B, but you must be careful, because many of them have a lot of bugs or are't fully tested. Almost all of new moded kernel doesn't support Digital TV so if it is useful for you, don't try, until the official firmware updates are released.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
ICE CREAM SANDWICH

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for Galaxy S (for may models, included I9000B. Digital TV NOT supported)
[ROM][ICS][I9000] Team ICSSGS RC4.2

No 3G/HSDPA, Extreme Battery drain? you need another modem for your ICS?
Check this list, with compatible modems for CM7/MIUI/ICS/CM9 by siky_dude
[CM7/MIUI/ICS/CM9][06.01.12] Modems + Bootloaders(MD5)

GINGERBREAD

You like Gingerbread? No problem, now you can use ANY Gingerbread ROM without problems. Only you must use Mafalda Kernel for I9000B available in different flavors.

Mafalda-0.9-4-OC1200gpu.tar.md5 ODIN-1200Hz OverClock
Mafalda-0.9-4-OC1200gpu.zip CWM-1200Hz Overclock
0.9-4-Mafalda-noOC.tar ODIN -No Overclock - RS
0.9-4-Mafalda-noOC.tar ODIN -No Overclock -Multiple Mirrors

NOTE:Unfortunately, because Megaupload was closed, we lost too many links and other flavors of Mafalda Kernel. So, if you have the file, please upload and share it.

Links
(NOTE: Not all the info provided in the following links is useful for I900B, PLEASE becareful and read with attention)
General Info for SGS I9000 (FAQ, HOWTO, TUTORIALS)
How to: Flashing your SGS
[VIDEO] Using Odin
[APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.3 (One Click Rooting-Unrooting)
How to [/COLOR]unlock/unfreeze all SGS Models
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to andifds For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andifds
Old
(Last edited by andifds; 21st June 2011 at 08:38 PM.) Reason: Added How-To Root Gingerbread
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
How-to Root Gingerbread 2.3.3 Stock using FuguRoot
1: Flash the stock rom
2: Download the zImage moded for Odin
3: Flash it with either Odin or Heimdall
4: Boot once, it will install root and crash/shutdown (if you let it conected to usb will loop on charging)
5. Disconnect and enter download mode
6: Reflash the ONLY original kernel (Download here)
7. DONE!

No 3G/GPRS/EDGE after flashing?
Is very common that after flashing a new firmware or kernel your device isn't conecting to 3G. WHY? Because many of the firmwares or kernels wipe all the user data includig de APN, wich contains the neccesary info to connect your device to 3G networks. But don't worry, this is not the end of the world. You could Add your APN confirgation just following this steps

1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Wireless and network
3. Then go to Mobile networks
4. You will find the Acces Point Names or APN were should be the info to connect to 3G, click here
5. After that, use the "phisical" button of menu
6. Choose New APN
7. Set the configurarion of your carrier/mobile network (This info could be found at carrier/mobile network web page or just simply googling)
8. Done! you have your SGS configurated

To prevent loose the APN data, exists many apps wich could help. One of them is APN Backup & Restore a simple FREE App to backup and restore APNs. Very usefull.

The are some devices that's not necessary to back up data or add the data again, just conecting to 3G will download and apply de data by itselfs.

Problem with SuperOneClick v1.5.5 ?
If you get stucked at any moment of the process, waiting days for getting mount path?
Here is a solution.

1. Turn on usb debugging

2. Turn off phone & plug into usb

3. Start SuperOneClick

4. When it says waiting for device, turn phone on and let SOC finish the job.

5. Enjoy root!

(source)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andifds For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andifds
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
another one too

AllGamer
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1576

DONATE TO ME
stickied, thank you

it was about time some one took the initiative to organize all the I9000B information

Donation is appreciated but not required, a cup of Coffee would suffice

Samsung i9000m: on CM10
Samsung Nexus S: on JB 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE SGH-i717r: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 SM-N900W8: stock 4.3

leofonseca79
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Question Sync Error

Hello, thanks for creating this topic. We were really needed it!

I bought an SGS in Brazil, operator Vivo, Android 2.1 (Eclair) and upgraded to the 2.2 Froyo (Live - ZVV) using Odin (no pit). Since then, I'm having problems with Orkut sync.

When orkut account is selected, "Feeds and Updates" widget always displays the error: "Service Unavailable".

Under Settings / Accounts and synchronization features: Synchronization error "Synchronization is currently having problems. They will return soon" and does not synchronize the contacts on orkut.

This has been more than a month, since when I have done several roms updates, using odin (including re-partition) and Kies.

The only thing that worked a while, was to create a new Orkut account (in fact, google account) but after a factory reset, stopped again.

Other SNSAccounts work well, I have no problems with Twitter to Facebook, only Orkut.

I posted here because I think Orkut is a SNSAccount available only in Brazil.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

betoNL
Old
Thanks Meter 2253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer View Post
stickied, thank you

it was about time some one took the initiative to organize all the I9000B information
What about this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=782686

Lots of related information there

andifds
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
try using Kies Registry patcher and choose ZTO for Vivo then update over Kies. I use to update my phone, mine was chilean Claro with Eclair. This is the official version of the operator and comes with Orkut

csat
Old
(Last edited by csat; 20th January 2011 at 01:33 AM.) Reason: adding information
Thanks Meter 0
Is there any chance to have a ROM for Claro Mobile users which I suppose is ZTA? I´ve tried KIES and Kies Registry Patcher but got my SGS frozen if I choose ZVV and got "not available update" when using ZTA.

Thanks

Edited: I've finally made it. Using KIES and patch along ZVV spoof option. Now Froyo 2.2.

andifds
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Personally I recommend I9000BVJJPD fw for updates, it is unbranded and the last version know, the firmwares from operators are too old (september, october, november).

Then root the phone and download "Uninstaller for root" from market, for delete some useless apps like "Braintest" or "Asphalt 5"

maglovato
Old
(Last edited by maglovato; 20th January 2011 at 12:35 PM.) Reason: This is the correct text.
Thanks Meter 0
Smile 2.2 JPD

Yes, I am using this too. Works pretty well, and better than JPA. I had some wifi issues with JPA, magically solved in JPD.

There is a JPY which is a work-in-progress. So, JPD is the latest and greatest.

Regards,
Marco

Tags
i9000b