How-to Root Gingerbread 2.3.3 Stock using FuguRoot
1: Flash the stock rom
2: Download the zImage moded for Odin
3: Flash it with either Odin or Heimdall
4: Boot once, it will install root and crash/shutdown (if you let it conected to usb will loop on charging)
5. Disconnect and enter download mode
6: Reflash the ONLY original kernel (Download here)
No 3G/GPRS/EDGE after flashing?
Is very common that after flashing a new firmware or kernel your device isn't conecting to 3G. WHY? Because many of the firmwares or kernels wipe all the user data includig de APN, wich contains the neccesary info to connect your device to 3G networks. But don't worry, this is not the end of the world. You could Add your APN confirgation just following this steps
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Wireless and network
3. Then go to Mobile networks
4. You will find the Acces Point Names or APN were should be the info to connect to 3G, click here
5. After that, use the "phisical" button of menu
6. Choose New APN
7. Set the configurarion of your carrier/mobile network (This info could be found at carrier/mobile network web page or just simply googling)
8. Done! you have your SGS configurated
To prevent loose the APN data, exists many apps wich could help. One of them is APN Backup & Restore
a simple FREE App to backup and restore APNs. Very usefull.
The are some devices that's not necessary to back up data or add the data again, just conecting to 3G will download and apply de data by itselfs.
Problem with SuperOneClick v1.5.5 ?
If you get stucked at any moment of the process, waiting days for getting mount path?
Here is a solution.
1. Turn on usb debugging
2. Turn off phone & plug into usb
3. Start SuperOneClick
4. When it says waiting for device, turn phone on and let SOC finish the job.
5. Enjoy root!