Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best Games on Nook

Tip us?

brezhnevv
Old
Thanks Meter 1
SNESoid!
Check out Apparatus. I think its like $2.50 or so, worth every penny.

Tschumi
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by project37 View Post
I recommend Osmos - looks and sounds *gorgeous*, demo recently posted to Android Market.
Osmos is indeed amazing, thanks for the recommendation. Smooth and relaxing.

grayfoxmg1
Old
Thanks Meter 508

DONATE TO ME
Angry birds
Cut the rope
Fruit ninja
Doodle jump
Emulators (I play more Pokemon on my nook than I ever did on my actual GBA)

Sent from my Nook Color, running Samiam303's ICS nightly tweaked by tnpapadakos, using Tapatalk.
Current Devices:
Nook Color:

HTC One X (AT&T):

Did you know that Team Venom has their own forum? CHECK IT OUT

RASTAVIPER
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Installed Blood and Glory a few days from Amazon app and the game is really great in Spartacus style with very nice graphics.
Only problem is that RAM gets really fast full and the game starts to slow down after some time of playing, so I have to clear memory through task manager and start again.
Any tips on that?
Phone 1: NEXUS 4 16GB, Rooted, Stock 4.4.4, Hells core b47
Phone 2: HTC DESIRE HD @1.2Ghz Rooted with JellyTime 4.2 R11 1900mah Anker battery
Tablet 1: TABLET v975m 32gb v3: custom 1.10 Rom
Tablet 2: TV BOX CS968, GEASS custom Rom

RazoE
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Anyone else having issues with Yonghz's emulators? They play fine, but in order to close them, I have to open up applications, go to the running tab, and force close them, since there's no menu button.

If I use watchdog to close, they'll close in the applications sections, but the notification menu says they're still running and will load up where I left off if I click on it.

Any work arounds?
-Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919) - Rooted, Debloated
-Nexus 7 32gig Wifi- CM 10.1RC5

jacjar1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Flick Sports games

Flick golf and the new flick golf extreme(which is 49 cents) are fantastic fun golf games. Both games are great ways to pass time when flying...

rnclock
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Lot of good games listed here. I see people asking about Gameloft Games, and specifically "Dungeon Hunter". I play this game quite often and love it. With some of the GameLoft Games you need to use ChainFire3D (found in market), and then google for the drivers you need for it (there are 3 of them). I downloaded Dungeon Hunter awhile back, so not sure if newer version still works (as I never updated it), but I used the nvidia plugin (driver) for ChainFire3D.

Her is an old thread that discussed settings needed for GameLoft games.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1191804

Hope this helps someone.

zires
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit runs great and is 49 cents.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

AngelWings8
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Right now I'm loving playing Draw Something (free) on my NC since it's easier to draw than on my smartphone. Also have Angry Birds of course, and also got Monopoly, Where's My Water, and Bag It! when they were free on Amazon Appstore.

I also found the apk for Tiny Tower and tried playing it on the NC...I noticed that it's a lot laggier than on my phone...anyone else tried it?

Nook Color: NC-MROM CM7

zires
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWings8 View Post
Right now I'm loving playing Draw Something (free) on my NC since it's easier to draw than on my smartphone. Also have Angry Birds of course, and also got Monopoly, Where's My Water, and Bag It! when they were free on Amazon Appstore.

I also found the apk for Tiny Tower and tried playing it on the NC...I noticed that it's a lot laggier than on my phone...anyone else tried it?
Draw Something is fun. I have found a similar game called Dice with Buddies...think Yahtzee with friends .

The Following User Says Thank You to zires For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]