[How To] Free OpenVPN Connection on Xperia X10
So this is my 2nd Thread
... I know a lot of people use their Xperia X10 to surf through the WEB and i'm sure that like me a lot of you also have problems due some sites being blocked or unable to perform certain downloads. My problem is the Second; I can't download from almost any host (Megaupload, Hotfile, Rapidshare...) because my career has set up the same IP address to all Mobile Phones...
To avoid this issue i was using EvoVPN and it was good until 2 weeks ago when the service was shut down. Anyways i've read a lot and probably This has been post before but i found a way to have FreeVPN services working in our beloved X10s....
What do you need?
1. Have SuperUser Access (ROOT).
2. Install Busybox from within the Android Market (Version 1.17).[Mandatory]
[*] Added Tun.ko Working for Android 2.3.3 Update.. Thanks to gergnz
3. Download and unzip this file in the root of your SDCARD
4. Install OpenVPN Settings from within the Android Market.
5. Install Android Terminal Emulator from within the Android Market.
1. Open Android Terminal Emulator and issue the following Commands:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock2 /system
busybox insmod /sdcard/openvpn/tun.ko
busybox cp /sdcard/openvpn/openvpn /system/xbin/openvpn
busybox cp /sdcard/openvpn/openvpn /system/xbin/tun.ko
chmod 700 /system/xbin/openvpn
busybox ln -s /system/bin/busybox /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig
busybox ln -s /system/bin/busybox /system/xbin/bb/route
busybox mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock2 /system
busybox cp /sdcard/openvpn/chargemon /system/bin/chargemon
busybox cp /sdcard/openvpn/busybox /system/bin/busybox
* Note the last two lines are useful only if you have Xrecovery Installed because it needs this busybox version to work, you can skip it if you don't use Xrecovery....
2. Open VPN Settings and press Menu-->Advanced
3. Check the "Load tun Kernel module" checkbox
4. In TUN module settings select: insmod ; and the path to run module should be: /sdcard/openvpn/tun.ko
5. Path Configurations should be: /sdcard/openvpn
6. Path to openvpn binary should be: /system/xbin/openvpn
8. Click on OpenVPN
9. Select freeopenvpn.ovpn
10. This should automatically assign you an IPAddress and you'll be set to use freevpn services.
NOTES!! Please READ BEFORE POSTING/Asking
Thanks to alx5962 for compiling the TUN.KO module!!!
1. Whenever you connect to freeopenvpn.ovpn the web browser will redirect you to http://www.freeopenvpn.com
in order to activate the service, you just need to click on the linck and you'll be set.
2. If you don't click on that you won't be able to transfer any data either over WIFI or 3G
3. It's not always but if you can't load the http://www.freeopenvpn.com
webpage after clickin on it,please wait while the phone is trying to comunicate with the server, it can take up to 5 Minutes :S but it will eventually load
4. After the webpage loads you'll be redirected to their site but you can start browsing using the assigned IP Address.
5. EVERY time you close the VPN connection and you login again the phone/server will request the process stated above.
6. If you find this useful you can always use the Thanks button and buy me a beer.... HERE