Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 50,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I get my 16 GB memory card back...it now only shows 200 MB

Tip us?

Earthbrain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default How do I get my 16 GB memory card back...it now only shows 200 MB

I put WP 7 on my HD2 and it was working fine but I decided to go back to Android. I then took my 16 GB Sandisk card out and put it in the memory card reader but it only shows the partition of 200 MB.

I even download a program to format/partition the microSD card but I still could not get it to get back most of the available space in my 16 GB card. It keeps showing 200 MB on my computer and I tried to get rid of the partitioning but I still cannot do it.

Is there a solution to this?

mistabeatz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
sounds like your memory card is corrupted :/

StuartMaher
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/eula/

If that doesn't fix it, it may be borked completely.. though some people have had success with the Nokia phone formatting tools

Mladen0211
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Easy,
Put your SD Card in your PHone
POwer off you phone
During Boot hold power off/on button on phone to access the MAGDLR Menu
Connect you Phone to PC
Choose MASSSTORAGE in MAGDRL Option number 4
Format your SD CARD over PC
Power off Phone - Job done!
Windows Rom:
None
Android Rom:
Desire HD[NAND]
Storage:
16GB
Radio: 2.15.50
Second Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Service: Telenor
Android Rom: CYNM 7
Storage: 8GB
Baseband: .58
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mladen0211 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mtrujillog1
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
i had the same problem, the way the i fix it was the i format the sd card in my blackberry and it works for me i try it in a samsung and fix the problem. the computer wasnt able to fix problem i used the format method from the computer. didnt work, and i used paragon software didnt work either. the only way was with different phone

Wil Badger
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I don't know why everybody thinks you have to put the card into something else. Enter MAGLDR, go to USB, connect it to the computer, run SD Formatter,Select correct drive, Options - Format Type= Full Erase On -Format Size Adjustment =ON.

This has been covered many times since the introduction of WP7. Using the search term 200mb in this section. I came up with plenty of answers to your problem.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wil Badger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Earthbrain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Badger View Post
I don't know why everybody thinks you have to put the card into something else. Enter MAGLDR, go to USB, connect it to the computer, run SD Formatter,Select correct drive, Options - Format Type= Full Erase On -Format Size Adjustment =ON.

This has been covered many times since the introduction of WP7. Using the search term 200mb in this section. I came up with plenty of answers to your problem.
Thank you. I followed you instructions and I got my SD card back to 14.8 GB now.

vinbomb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Badger View Post

yesss! this finally did the trick!! i've tried different way recommended by different people but this was the only one that actually worked!!!