Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more
Thread Deleted

Adam Skin / Cover (Carbon Fiber)

OP joshua.lyon

19th January 2011, 08:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 9

111 posts
If you've browsed other sections of the XDA forums, then you may be familiar with the carbon fiber skins that people have applied to their devices. In specific, when I was browsing the ViewSonic G-Tablet section of the forums, I saw that one person was manufacturing computer cut vinyl skins. These skins are made out of a material that has a visible texture that shows in various lighting conditions and are not simply printed patterns.

I emailed the guy who makes the G-tablet skins and asked if he had plans to make a skin for the NotionInk Adam or if he would be willing to custom make one and he said yes. While he did say he could probably make one using detailed measurements and some really good photos, it would be much easier if someone could drop by his facility so he could create a template directly on the Adam.

If anyone lives in the Delaware area, please get in contact with the guys at GotShadeOnline. If someone can stop by their shop, they will take the measurements on your device so they can get an accurate template created and in return they will provide the skin free of charge. This would be a big help for other NotionInk Adam owners as the skin is nice quality and would make for a good accessory. I'm personally interested in one as I'd like to cover up the ugly markings on the back of the device and add some further protection from scratches / etc.

GotShadeOnline - ViewSonic G-Tablet Cover

Some Reference Threads:
Last edited by joshua.lyon; 20th January 2011 at 08:13 PM.
21st January 2011, 03:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 48

167 posts
Donate to Me
Hey, that skin looks familiar !

I sent off an email to Notion to see if they could email me measurements as well as a picture of the back of the Adam. I also asked if they had any "dummy" units available for shipping. I'll let you know as soon as i hear something back from them !
22nd January 2011, 03:47 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 52

275 posts
i live in NY, but delware is kind of far lol. i would love to have a skin like that
5th February 2011, 11:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

144 posts
Anyone ever get in and let them measure. I would love to get one of these
9th February 2011, 02:59 AM   |  #5  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 7

334 posts
More
The light colors would be great
for using the Adam in sun as I am sure they will get very hot. My Pixel Qi Lenovo gets steaming even in the winter in Fla.
18th February 2011, 08:36 PM   |  #6  

167 posts
Donate to Me
Hey guys, finally had an Adam pop into the shop today !!

Nice piece of hardware (and i think the skin is nice too) hehe

http://www.gotshadeonline.com/produc...ber-skin-adam/
21st February 2011, 01:44 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi,
I went to DE with my Adam and they now have the skins available.
21st February 2011, 01:48 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 67

1,929 posts
hmm looks familar, and i like it!!!
12th April 2011, 05:05 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Talking
Hello neighbor, I am just visiting from across the way at the Viewsonic Gtab section. I just ordered a Skinomi wood skin set (with screen protector) for my Gtab. I was sent one for the Adam my mistake. Now, mine is of the wood variety rather than the lovely carbon fiber. But at least I thought I would let anyone interested in skins now that Skinomi make them, and they look fairly sharp.

Just my $0.02
12th April 2011, 11:40 AM   |  #10  

167 posts
Donate to Me
Yeah, there was bound to be a copycat sooner or later.. At least we'll ship you the correct product... hehe ..

Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adam, back, carbon, skin, vinyl
Previous Thread Next Thread