OP Senior Member
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
[ROMS][AOSP] New Liquid UI Update (05/09/2011) - LiquidMetal/LiquidLight
[AOSP]New Liquid UI v0.2
- Working LEDs for notifications!
- Updated Maps, Market, YouTube and other apps.
- If USB debugging is enabled and connected, the notification bubble will state "Select Input Method" instead of "USB Debugging" (either ignore it or turn off debugging).
- Unless you need to change language, hit back arrow at language selection screen
- You may get a soft reboot during initial setup. I only got one during my testing.
- Report other bugs..
[AOSP]LiquidMetal for the Incredible
BigRushDog's thread is here.
Sac23 and bmxerkid954's thread is here.
This ROM is based on Android 2.2 (Froyo) and is built from the Android Open Source Project Code (AOSP) With the Acer Liquid Metal UI on top.
First I'd like to thank BigRushDog for his ROCK SOLID Metal build that this RC1 Incredible build is based off of. I also want to thank Sac23 and bmxerkid954 for allowing me to port their build to the Incredible, that I used for previous versions of this rom. BIG Thanks to Koush and the Cyanogen team for their CM6 files and all that they do. Thanks to Koush for his kernel and too many contributions to name. Special thanks to gmichaelow for answering my silly questions. Special thanks to IncredibleDoes for the original Liquid port. Special Thanks to ALL of my testers for their time and trust that their phones wouldn't get bricked.
If I forgot anyone, it wasn't intentional. PM me and I will update this. Oh yeah, thanks to ME for bringing this to my Dinc brothers and sisters!
PLEASE READ - Tips & Tricks:
To Drag Icons to Other Screens Faster
- Proximity Sensor doesn't turn the screen off immediately, but prevents buttons from being pressed when the phones against your face and eventually does turn the screen off. (Works perfectly on LiquidLight)
Videos not playing (HIGH priority for me right now) (Fixed)
Mobile Network Settings FCs (Caused by Uncapped Data Mod - See post #2 for a patch to remove this mod)(Uncapped is not default. Will post flashable zip)
- Location and Security FC's (Crazy workaround: Rename Phone.apk to Phone.apk.bak, reboot, go into menu and make changes, rename back and reboot - thanks iceman99393)
Internal Memory not mounted (Fixed)
- No LEDs for notifications (I'll see what I can do. Any help is appreciated)
- LED flashes orange when charging and turns solid orange when fully charged
- No TV Out
- Changing the Dolby Mobile settings could throw you for a loop.
- CarHome doesn't play nice and will not be included.
- Light sensor (Rom includes Brightness widget)
To Dial *228 for Activation or PRL update (*228 FC's on some AOSP roms)
- Drag the icon to the numbers at the bottom of the app drawer
To Hide the Whole Dock or Half of it
- Dial *228+ (long press the numeral zero key to add the plus sign)
To Do Normal Reboot/Recovery Reboot
To Make the Weather More Accurate
- Drag ALL of your icons for the launcher into the app drawer and the notification bar will rest at the bottom of the screen.
- Leave just 4 icons in the top row of the launcher and the dock will become half size.
If You don't Like all of the Vibration Feedback, You Can Turn it Off
- Open your widgets app (either with the icon or by long pressing the home button, while the screen is unlocked).
- Long press the weather widget and drag it to the trash can in the bottom left.
- Hit the "+" button and add weather again. It will let you search for your specific city.
If You Don't Like the Transitions, You Can Turn Them Off
- For Buttons: Settings-->Sound-->Haptic feedback
- For Stock Keyboard: Settings-->Language and Keyboard-->XT9 Text Input-->Preferences-->Vibrate on Keypress
If You Don't Like the Launcher, Install Your Favorite Launcher (FIRST!!!!) and THEN Change it
- Settings-->Display-->Animation-->Some or None
If You Select Custom Wallpapers and No Longer Want Them Displayed in the Wallpaper (Home Decor) app
- Settings-->Applications-->User Interface. After rebooting it will ask your to choose you launcher (DO NOT CHOOSE LAUNCHER2) (Thanks cooljames2186 for finding this)
- If you don't install another launcher before doing this, you may end up in a bootloop
- Use Root Explorer (or your favorite file manager) and navigate to here: /data/data/com.acer.android.breeze.launcher/wallpapers/user/
- Delete any of the numbered folders (i.e. 1, 2, etc)and they will immediately disappear from the wallpaper app.
- MMS (Send/Receive)
- 720P Camcorder
- 8MP Camera
- GPS works
- Bluetooth works (Wiimote should work but I can't test that)
- Working Wi-fi
- Wireless Tether (I've tested with included kernel, after the initial WirelessTether update from the market)
- Koush's kernel from CM6.1 (Thanks Koush!)
- Gingerbread Keyboard is the default
- Google Talk
- Brightness Widget
- Nemo Player
- T9 Dialing like SENSE!!!
- MORE Acer Bloatware Removed
- Zipaligned and Deodexed
- VERY Fast System (Please allow it to settle down after first flashing)
- New widgets
- Verizon apps show up in the market
- and much, much, more..
- Download the Rom and the Phone Fix to your SD card.
- Wipe, Wipe, Wipe again.. Oh yeah.... WIPE!
- Flash the rom zip via recovery.
- Boot it fully (You won't get a FC if you hit back arrow at region selection, but the FC doesn't hurt anything).
- Go through set up or skip though it.
- Flash the phone fix via Rom Manager or recovery
- Set up your Gmail account, let it sync, get your updates from the market.
- It may be sluggish after your first boot. Please give it 15 mins or more (depending on how much media you have on internal memory and your sdcard) because the media scanner is going through all of your media, adding it into it's database and creating thumbnails.
[AOSP]LiquidLight for the Incredible
This is basically the same as LiquidMetal with a working proximity sensor that turns the screen off immediately. It doesn't have the weird orange artifact box in the email app or browser (see screenshot below). It's also about 20MB smaller in file size. I added the regular music app with it's widgets that work well. Remove the default music widget and add One of the stock ones (i.e. 4x2, etc). Besides that it has the same known issues as LiquidMetal as well as a widget screen FC from time to time that doesn't hurt anything.
****DISCLAIMER: By downloading you agree that I will not, nor will anyone else but you, take responsibility for the results of you flashing any of the files below.
Update (2/27/2011): Camera fixed and both links added back.
Downloads (ClockworkMod v2.x and 22.214.171.124 or greater)
New Liquid UI v0.2
Thanks to BigRushDog for his Liquid e build for the Evo, which this rom is based off of.
(Work in Progress)
Phone.apk Fix (LiquidMetal ONLY! If installing clean, install rom, boot once and then flash this)
No phone fix is needed for LiquidLight.
Last edited by jermaine151; 9th May 2011 at 03:23 PM.