FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] How to turn off Camera shutter sound?

11,542 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,592
 
By AllGamer, Retired Forum Moderator on 19th January 2011, 09:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Has anyone found a Camera app that is compatible with XT720 ?

or know of a way to disabling the stock Camera shutter sound ?

many of the apps that works fine (on/off sound) on my other phones it doesn't seem to work on the XT720

it seems to completely ignore if you have the shutter sound off, even on camera apps that provide that option.
 
 
20th January 2011, 12:07 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
I just plugged-in my earphone, so the sound is redirected to the earphone instead of the camera speaker. :P ... that's the fastest way to do.
20th January 2011, 12:37 AM |#3  
reaperzero's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Penang Island
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
go to /system/media/audio/ui/ and look for cameraXXXX.ogg and either rename it or cut and paste it somewhere else. no more click
The Following User Says Thank You to reaperzero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2011, 01:43 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
holly ****! "silent mode" does not work...
Last edited by youbaoer; 20th January 2011 at 01:47 AM.
20th January 2011, 01:47 AM |#5  
khalpowers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 794
 
Donate to Me
More
go to adb shell...
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
mv /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg.old
mv /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg.old
exit

done...so eazy ...huh!

ps/ no need the the rubbish app...xt720 cannot be mute by app or silent button..
The Following User Says Thank You to khalpowers For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2011, 02:21 PM |#6  
AllGamer's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag buried under loads of work IRL
Thanks Meter: 1,592
 
Donate to Me
More
excellent ideas
31st May 2011, 01:47 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperzero

go to /system/media/audio/ui/ and look for cameraXXXX.ogg and either rename it or cut and paste it somewhere else. no more click

Good idea but the files are write protected. Can't rename, delete or move. Anything can be done about this?
31st May 2011, 02:02 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevit

Good idea but the files are write protected. Can't rename, delete or move. Anything can be done about this?


You can try using root explorer to delete/rename the files. Or install terminal emulator to type the commands written by khalpowers:
su
...
exit
28th August 2011, 10:26 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalpowers

go to adb shell...
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
mv /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg.old
mv /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg.old
exit

done...so eazy ...huh!

ps/ no need the the rubbish app...xt720 cannot be mute by app or silent button..

Master solution. Refer to youtube: "adb shell" if you're a noob.
28th August 2011, 11:56 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Just use root explorer to rename the extension from .ogg to .bak. then the sound will be gone.

Sent from my MilestoneXT720 using XDA App
14th September 2011, 10:39 PM |#11  
chatch15117's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
u can do what khalpowers suggested in terminal emulator app after typing "su" for superuser permisions. no adb for me.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes