I am currently on stock SE ROM, 2.0.A.0.504, and I noticed that dual touch was not working on every app, but only on some third-party apps.
So, I did some research and found out how to enable it in every app that supports it!
It is very easy!
FIRST FLASH THE LATEST KERNEL, AS DESCRIBED HERE!
Step 1 (Optional, according to arkedk, thanks for pointing out! However, I did it on my phone, it doesn't cause any trouble and I haven't personally tested this method without it)
- Using Root Explorer, navigate to /system, press the Mount R/W button, find build.prop, long press on it and select "Open in Text Editor".
- After the last entry, add the following lines:
- Press Menu, then Save and Exit.
- Delete the build.pro.bak that was created (or move it to your sd card, if you want to keep a backup)
- Download this file (rapidshare mirror) and, using Root Explorer, copy it to /etc/permissions. Then, long press on it, select Permissions and make sure that these options are checked: the whole first column and the first from the second.
- Exit Root Explorer and reboot.
DONE!!!! Try it on Google Maps!
Oh! And consider pressing the "Thank You" button if I made your life a little better! LOL!
22/1/2011: Thanks to the kind member who donated to me generously! :)
And I would love if he/she contacted me via PM so I will know the nickname, because on the Paypal receipt I only see his/her full name!