[MOD]data2ext for CM7
Just thought this would be handy for anybody with higher-class SD cards.
Keep in mind that I did NOT create the data2ext script, and BlaY0 from Legend forum was the one who came up with it in his roms, so kudos to him for making it
NOTE: a2ext and data2ext, choose ONE. You cannot run them together.
What is data2ext?
Similar to a2ext, where data/app were stored inside your ext partition of the SD card, data2ext stores the whole /data inside your ext partition.
What does that mean?
That means your internal storage will barely be used, and because nowadays higher-class SD cards runs faster than your internal memory, your phone will be able to crank out some insane benchmarks.
1. A good sd card with ext2/ext3 partition. suggested with at least 512MB of it (but not over 2GB, otherwise trouble will arise)
2. For now I think this will only work on the CM7 nightlies. I'll make one for CM6 if it is ever needed.
1. Flash it
2. Make your ext2 block size 4kb (done so by doing adb shell mke2fs -m0 -b4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2)
3. Go to your terminal emulator/adb shell to type data2ext --enable
5. Wait some time. Files will be copied over, so the reboot will be slow.
6. Go check your storage and see how much you got :P
Since I was unable to run quadrant from cm7, here's the bench results done w/ 3rdsense:
I bare no responsibility for your phone breaking if you do decide to do this and something went wrong!
If you like my work, help me buy milk & chocolate