Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 43,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] Monster RootPack 0.7 / Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 SD (1.1 Compatible!)

Tip us?

thecubed
Old
(Last edited by thecubed; 15th February 2011 at 08:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5,424

DONATE TO ME
Default [RECOVERY] Monster RootPack 0.7 / Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 SD (1.1 Compatible!)

Quote:
New version 0.7 available!
Now compatible with software version 1.1 !!
Special thanks to Decad3nce for the new framework.jar!
Howdy everyone! It's thecubed / IOMonster again!

This time, I'm back with a MONSTER release

For all those asking "What's a Monster RootPack"? It's simple!
It's a SD card image containing a bootable Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 and a set of .zip files that allow you to root your device and install Google Apps (market, gmail, youtube, etc).

All you have to do is read the instructions-- it explains the rest.
Please be sure to read ALL the instructions first before using this utility!

Quote:
All the instructions can be found here: http://legacyschool.us.to/nookdev/cl...tructions.html
Be sure to read through them!
I'm not one for huge forum posts, so keeping all the instructions on one URL helps me stay organized

Quote:
Downloads:
Download the RootPack here: http://legacyschool.us.to/nookdev/cl...ack-0.7.tar.gz [mirror]

Or

Download a bootable Clockwork SD card (128mb, 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb) here:
http://legacyschool.us.to/nookdev/clockwork/0.7/ [mirrors]
Quote:
Updated Zip Files:
Use these if you already have a bootable SD, or even CWM installed on your device:
http://legacyschool.us.to/nookdev/clockwork/0.7/zips
Quote:
Want to build your own CWM SD cards?
Download this: http://legacyschool.us.to/nookdev/cl...env-0.7.tar.gz
It's a complete build environment for making bootable SD cards. Included are the source files for 128mb, 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, and 8gb SD cards.
Quote:
Updates:
  • Version 0.7
    New build environment!
    New CWR sizes, rootpack reduced to 128mb image. (We now have 128mb, 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, and 8gb images!)
    1.1 Rooting and Google Apps support! (thanks D3cad3nc3!)
    FIXED: backup/restore from CWM now works correctly!
  • Version 0.5
    Well, packages.xml is in /data/system, not /system .. oops.
    Release of 128mb bootable Clockwork SD card also
    Adds block-1.1.zip and unblock-1.1.zip to block the updates the easy way!
  • Version 0.4r2
    Bugfixes. Lots of 'em.
  • Version 0.4
    Fix root.zip and googleapps.zip permissions problems (/data/app and /system/app DO have different owners and permissions)
    Bootable CWM base: No change; version bumped to 0.4 just because.
  • Version 0.3
    Update to most recent Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 build (should have working backup/restore, and defaults to ext2/ext3 support instead of ext4)
    Fixes root.zip and googleapps.zip bugs (can't believe I forgot a semicolon!)
    Updates installclockwork.zip to latest Clockwork Recovery build supporting ext2/3
  • Version 0.2
    Initial public beta release
This brings me to my final point: this rootpack has been tested on my device, but I'm sure there are still bugs! If you want a time-tested method for rooting your device, stick with AutoNooter for the time being.

BUT! I really need testers! If you'd like to test this, please let me know.

Questions/comments welcome!
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

modembug
Old
Thanks Meter 33
woot! thanks iomonster! this will make my tinkering much easier, mwahahahaha!

modembug
Old
(Last edited by modembug; 21st January 2011 at 07:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
CWR works beautifully booting from SDCard, you sir are the man of the hour I shall email you two internets!

However, I do not see the zip files you refer too :P (Does not really matter that much as by itself its amazing!)

thecubed
Old
(Last edited by thecubed; 21st January 2011 at 07:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5,424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by modembug View Post
CWR works beautifully booting from SDCard, you sir are the man of the hour I shall email you two internets!
The real credits go to the awesome dudes of ClockworkMod, nemith on IRC, FatTire on IRC, [mbm] on IRC, and a LONG list of other people that I am soon to credit with a rather large section in my instructions

Glad it helps!

EDIT: The zips are only in the rootpack_1gb.tar.gz -- they're actually in the sd image. Clockwork_1gb.tar.gz is just a bootable clockwork, for the people who just want a platform without any additions (and a speedy download! the rootpack is 24mb, whereas the clockwork card is only 8mb)

modembug
Old
Thanks Meter 33
yeah, ive been too preoccupied with work to hop on IRC lately , i need to get my butt back in there... this weekend for sure.

thecubed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5,424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
yeah, ive been too preoccupied with work to hop on IRC lately , i need to get my butt back in there... this weekend for sure.
No worries...
There's quite a bit going on on IRC... it's where all the cool people hang out

modembug
Old
Thanks Meter 33
ya i know... i fail! i was there for all the initial excitement and frustration haha

modembug
Old
(Last edited by modembug; 21st January 2011 at 08:01 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 33
something is up with the img file for the rootpack, it claims not enough space on my 2gb card and my 16gb card... cwr only img seems to be fine.. just a heads up

I take it back.... my work laptop is just a POS, my thinkpad does it just fine! whatever.... so much for Dell!

thecubed
Old
(Last edited by thecubed; 21st January 2011 at 08:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5,424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
something is up with the img file for the rootpack, it claims not enough space on my 2gb card and my 16gb card... cwr only img seems to be fine.. just a heads up
How big did it decompress to be? It should only be around 900MB... unless I accidentally compressed it wrong somehow...

Seems to decompress fine for me.. 941-ish MB.. should fit just fine on any SD 1GB or larger...

docfreed
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Default What If You're Already Rooted..

Can this be done or (groans mightily) do we have to revert all the way back to stock?