Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 49,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash roms on LG Optimus 7

Tip us?

Anghirrim
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Kapanak,

I see, thanks for your reply. Do you know how to "downgrade" my phone using Zune? I went through the whole parameters and sync list and found nothing.

Thanks,

Thomas

kapanak
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Go to settings>phone>update on the computer you did your NoDo update. There, you will see a "backup" prior to updating your phone. That back, when you phone is connected (make sure of this) will restore 7004 to your phone. Make sure you save everything on your phone before doing this, as you WILL loose everything acquired/synced/changed on your phone after NoDo update...
LG Optimus 7 E900h [NoDo-Unlocked] <3

Nexus One </3
The Following User Says Thank You to kapanak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
the.rider1290 Old
Thanks Meter
You can flash which rom du you prefer, sure you can downgrade 'cause this will erase ALL the partitions on your mobile.

DOWNGRADE with flash is SAFE, it's just a waste of time to reverse with zune and then reflash.

Anghirrim
Old
Thanks Meter 1
@ kapanak:
I guess I had not option to downgrade using Zune as after the Nodo update, I deleted the entire folder Zune created for the restauration point on my computer. I hate softwares using 1.5Go on my hard drive for "nothing" Guess it was a mistake here...

@ the.rider1290:
Based on your post, you mean that even running Nodo, I can flash directly using the ROMs available for download here? And this would downgrade automatically my phone from Nodo (Orange FR linked) to the previous WP7 version Europe free (I chose this one)?

So, any idea on what prevents the software "LGDP2_V36_UMTS.exe" enter my phone in Emergency Download mode?

AlvinPhilemon
Old
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapanak View Post
The roms available for download are for 7004. As far as I know, you cannot flash the older version rom atop the newer OS. Your best bet is to reverse the nodo update with Zune, then attempt to flash the desired rom.

Sent from my LG-E900h using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
Not true, I unknowingly flashed a StarHub ROM on my Optimus 7 before the 7720 ROMs were released. My phone was on 7.10.7720.68 and backtracked to to 7.0.7004. Microsoft stopped delivering old updates so i was temporarily stuck on 7008. Then i used ChevronWP7 updater to update to NoDo, then used the beta update to update to 7403, then got a notification for official StarHub update, followed by a LG software update, then a "family and friends" update to clear some crap, then the 7740 update. entire process took 10hrs.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Just install the modem driver then plug in your phone in emergency download (VOL-CAM-PWR) then if using Win Vista u will see "Installing driver device software" then click the balloon and see which COM port it is (e.g. LG Device (COM #21)) then choose THAT port and start. having the "Can't find monitor port!" warning is ok.

kapi91
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Reflash

I need a step by step tutorial on how to reflash my lg optimus 7 e900h.. it keeps restarting and when i sent it in for repairs all they did was relfash it. Reflashing seemed to help at least for a month or two, but now that my warranty is up i need a tutorial! anyone please?!?!

TheDerputy
Old
(Last edited by TheDerputy; 27th April 2012 at 12:56 AM.) Reason: accidental double post
Thanks Meter 0
Default Looking for Telus Canada firmware for LG-E900h

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.rider1290 View Post
Take a look here and use the firmware you prefer )))

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935578

can post detailed procedure)))
Those links seem to be dead now. Does anyone have access to the following firmware versions?

TELUS CANADA
LG-E900hAT-02-V10b-302-220-OCT-07-20100_DZ
LG-E900hAT-02-V10i-302-220-AUG-08-2011+0_DZ

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapi91 View Post
I need a step by step tutorial on how to reflash my lg optimus 7 e900h.. it keeps restarting and when i sent it in for repairs all they did was relfash it. Reflashing seemed to help at least for a month or two, but now that my warranty is up i need a tutorial! anyone please?!?!
I hope this helps: goo.gl/JlwA0

I'm still looking for a copy of the latest firmware for my Telus E900h.

dom93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can anyone re upload wind italian rom please? Thanks a lot :)