5,595,760 Members 40,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RELEASE] HTC Hub for everyone!

Tip us?

Heathcliff74
Old
(Last edited by Heathcliff74; 22nd January 2011 at 09:26 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2054

DONATE TO ME
Talking [RELEASE] HTC Hub for everyone!

Hi,

You can download the rar's. They contain the xap. You can use any dev-unlocked device (also non-HTC). This was quite a reversing-adventure. I learned a lot.

A few remarks:
- This is not the latest version of the HTC Hub. It does not have the live-tile. Maybe I'll update later.
- I had to rewrite some parts of the code. It all works 100% but I think it can be done better, so maybe I'll update that later.
- Note the about screen
Attached Files
File Type: rar HTC_Hub.part1.rar - [Click for QR Code] (7.15 MB, 14558 views)
File Type: rar HTC_Hub.part2.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.59 MB, 11729 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fb401
Old
(Last edited by fb401; 21st January 2011 at 05:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Word! It works but it still bitches about not being able to reach HTC's service. Great job regardless Heathcliff.

EDIT: The wild thing about it is, I can actually reach into HTC's section of the Marketplace through this app. That's crazy.
Cingular 8125 → Cingular 8525 → HTC Tilt → HTC Fuze → HTC Tilt 2 → LG Panther → LG Quantum (sigh) → HTC Titan II

HTC Titan II Rom: 7.10.8862

LG Quantum Rom: 7.10.8862

Asus Transformer Rom: Android Revolution HD 3.6

StarTrek Rom: WM6.5 Standard 23017
StarTrek Radio: 4.1.13.22_02.45.30

buffalosolja42
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default want to try

but I am getting errors unzipping with 7zip, what is the way you guys are successful with?
History have had plenty of Pocket PC's, and other PDA devices.
Samsung Focus (Custom Rom) and Focus S (Interlop Unlocked) and Transformer TF101 w/Megatron and 17C (Stable for work use)

Blade0rz
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74 View Post
Hi,

You can download the rar's. It contains the xap. You can use any dev-unlocked device (also non-HTC). This was quite a reversing-adventure. I learned a lot.

A few remarks:
- This is not the latest version of the HTC Hub. It does not have the live-tile. Maybe I'll update later.
- I had to rewrite some parts of the code. It all works 100% but I think it can be done better, so maybe I'll update that later.
- Note the about screen
Good work. Works on my Omnia7, the graphics look like sh*t though on my lovely screen

I don't get any errors or anything here - weather/time/location all work great. As fb401 says - you can access the HTC Marketplace, but you can access any Marketplace app as long as you know the ProductID.
Device: HTC One S (z520e)

Windows Mobile 6.5 Apps:
IMDb Mobile

jessej
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Does access to the other apps from the marketplace on the phone allow use of the excellent HTC flashlight app or any additional HTC apps?

Heathcliff74
Old
(Last edited by Heathcliff74; 21st January 2011 at 07:14 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2054

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fb401 View Post
Word! It works but it still bitches about not being able to reach HTC's service. Great job regardless Heathcliff.

EDIT: The wild thing about it is, I can actually reach into HTC's section of the Marketplace through this app. That's crazy.
Anyone having the message about not being able to reach the HTC server, plz verify that you have either Wifi or cellular connection and try refresh-button. It definitely works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalosolja42 View Post
but I am getting errors unzipping with 7zip, what is the way you guys are successful with?
Download both parts in the same folder and use WinRar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessej View Post
Does access to the other apps from the marketplace on the phone allow use of the excellent HTC flashlight app or any additional HTC apps?
No, it won't work. You can try to install, but the program will try to use the HTC drivers and hardware, and it will quit. These programs need (a lot of) work to get running on other devices. Look here and here.

fb401
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74 View Post
Anyone having the message about not being able to reach the HTC server, plz verify that you have either Wifi or cellular connection and try refresh-button. It definitely works.
I was still plugged into my laptop in airplane mode. When I disconnected and went back, it worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade0rz View Post
As fb401 says - you can access the HTC Marketplace, but you can access any Marketplace app as long as you know the ProductID.
Sure you can, but there's literally no way inside of the HTC walls on my LG phone besides this hub.
Cingular 8125 → Cingular 8525 → HTC Tilt → HTC Fuze → HTC Tilt 2 → LG Panther → LG Quantum (sigh) → HTC Titan II

HTC Titan II Rom: 7.10.8862

LG Quantum Rom: 7.10.8862

Asus Transformer Rom: Android Revolution HD 3.6

StarTrek Rom: WM6.5 Standard 23017
StarTrek Radio: 4.1.13.22_02.45.30

buffalosolja42
Old
(Last edited by buffalosolja42; 21st January 2011 at 08:09 PM.) Reason: No need for winrar 7xip does it as well as long as you crc check the download no issue
Thanks Meter 21
Default getting crc failure from file htchub1

edit*** downloaded on fedora then transferred to vm win7 and looks like file is ok after crc check
History have had plenty of Pocket PC's, and other PDA devices.
Samsung Focus (Custom Rom) and Focus S (Interlop Unlocked) and Transformer TF101 w/Megatron and 17C (Stable for work use)

ronalgps
Old
Thanks Meter 4
well done

thank u

subtlemocking
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Excellent job, will be bookmarking this thread to see if the live tile gets added. Great work Heathcliff.

Tags
htc, hub, pwnd