[RELEASE] HTC Hub for everyone!

21st January 2011, 04:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,054

1,439 posts
Donate to Me
Hi,

You can download the rar's. They contain the xap. You can use any dev-unlocked device (also non-HTC). This was quite a reversing-adventure. I learned a lot.

A few remarks:
- This is not the latest version of the HTC Hub. It does not have the live-tile. Maybe I'll update later.
- I had to rewrite some parts of the code. It all works 100% but I think it can be done better, so maybe I'll update that later.
- Note the about screen
Attached Files
File Type: rar HTC_Hub.part1.rar - [Click for QR Code] (7.15 MB, 14882 views)
File Type: rar HTC_Hub.part2.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.59 MB, 11989 views)
Last edited by Heathcliff74; 22nd January 2011 at 09:26 AM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2011, 05:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philly, PA
Thanks Meter: 44

652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Word! It works but it still bitches about not being able to reach HTC's service. Great job regardless Heathcliff.

EDIT: The wild thing about it is, I can actually reach into HTC's section of the Marketplace through this app. That's crazy.
Last edited by fb401; 21st January 2011 at 05:36 PM.
21st January 2011, 05:37 PM   |  #3  
Flag Gainesville
Thanks Meter: 21

1,082 posts
More
want to try
but I am getting errors unzipping with 7zip, what is the way you guys are successful with?
21st January 2011, 05:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 33

549 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Hi,

You can download the rar's. It contains the xap. You can use any dev-unlocked device (also non-HTC). This was quite a reversing-adventure. I learned a lot.

A few remarks:
- This is not the latest version of the HTC Hub. It does not have the live-tile. Maybe I'll update later.
- I had to rewrite some parts of the code. It all works 100% but I think it can be done better, so maybe I'll update that later.
- Note the about screen

Good work. Works on my Omnia7, the graphics look like sh*t though on my lovely screen

I don't get any errors or anything here - weather/time/location all work great. As fb401 says - you can access the HTC Marketplace, but you can access any Marketplace app as long as you know the ProductID.
21st January 2011, 06:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

105 posts
More
Does access to the other apps from the marketplace on the phone allow use of the excellent HTC flashlight app or any additional HTC apps?
21st January 2011, 07:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,054

1,439 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by fb401

Word! It works but it still bitches about not being able to reach HTC's service. Great job regardless Heathcliff.

EDIT: The wild thing about it is, I can actually reach into HTC's section of the Marketplace through this app. That's crazy.

Anyone having the message about not being able to reach the HTC server, plz verify that you have either Wifi or cellular connection and try refresh-button. It definitely works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalosolja42

but I am getting errors unzipping with 7zip, what is the way you guys are successful with?

Download both parts in the same folder and use WinRar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessej

Does access to the other apps from the marketplace on the phone allow use of the excellent HTC flashlight app or any additional HTC apps?

No, it won't work. You can try to install, but the program will try to use the HTC drivers and hardware, and it will quit. These programs need (a lot of) work to get running on other devices. Look here and here.
Last edited by Heathcliff74; 21st January 2011 at 07:14 PM.
21st January 2011, 07:54 PM   |  #7  
Flag Philly, PA
Thanks Meter: 44

652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Anyone having the message about not being able to reach the HTC server, plz verify that you have either Wifi or cellular connection and try refresh-button. It definitely works.

I was still plugged into my laptop in airplane mode. When I disconnected and went back, it worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade0rz

As fb401 says - you can access the HTC Marketplace, but you can access any Marketplace app as long as you know the ProductID.

Sure you can, but there's literally no way inside of the HTC walls on my LG phone besides this hub.
21st January 2011, 07:58 PM   |  #8  
Flag Gainesville
Thanks Meter: 21

1,082 posts
More
getting crc failure from file htchub1
edit*** downloaded on fedora then transferred to vm win7 and looks like file is ok after crc check
Last edited by buffalosolja42; 21st January 2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: No need for winrar 7xip does it as well as long as you crc check the download no issue
21st January 2011, 08:08 PM   |  #9  
Flag aalst
Thanks Meter: 4

176 posts
More
well done

thank u
21st January 2011, 08:36 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
Excellent job, will be bookmarking this thread to see if the live tile gets added. Great work Heathcliff.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, hub, pwnd
Previous Thread Next Thread