Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] any flash browser's for wp7

Tip us?
 
NEDSTER1972
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 195
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gateshead
Default [q] any flash browser's for wp7

Hello.
Is there any flash browser's out yet for wp7 ie: Skyfire before they dropped winmo (twats).
I used uzard for a bit on 6.5 but was nowhere near as good as skyfire.
Also will myplayer be released for wp7 as that was another great app on hd2 6.5.

Cheers nedster

HAVE A COKE & A SMILE & SHUT THE ...... UP.

CURRENT PHONE Galaxy Note 2 Lte (GT-N7105 Official Android 4.3 Firmware JSS15J.N7105XXUEMK5)



PAST ROMS
TBD_SUNDAWG_V19_Lite_Edition_Themed.zip
[14Jun2012][MAGLDR/CLK] Android GBLeoR6.1 |SMOOTHEST ROM|2.3.3SENSE2.1[GBLeoKernel]
SAMSUNG GS2 - Galaxy HD2 TouchWiz 4.5 [GB 2.3.7][Duo Kernel][MAG/CLK
MCCM HD v6 / WP7.5 - 7.10.7720.68
PREVIOUS PHONE'S: HTC HD2, NOKIA E65, MOTOROLA A1000
 
REALDEM0
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2009
no sorry dude not until yet

flash and html5 is only supportetd until the february update...
 
NEDSTER1972
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 195
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gateshead
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALDEM0 View Post
no sorry dude not until yet

flash and html5 is only supportetd until the february update...
will this update kill chevron etc on hd2 or will hd2 users be able to update without fear of bricking or blocking wp7 on hd2.
if hd2 will be fine after update i can't wait for february.
i miss live streaming, tvcatchup & myplayer.
Bring It On.
Please

Cheers

HAVE A COKE & A SMILE & SHUT THE ...... UP.

CURRENT PHONE Galaxy Note 2 Lte (GT-N7105 Official Android 4.3 Firmware JSS15J.N7105XXUEMK5)



PAST ROMS
TBD_SUNDAWG_V19_Lite_Edition_Themed.zip
[14Jun2012][MAGLDR/CLK] Android GBLeoR6.1 |SMOOTHEST ROM|2.3.3SENSE2.1[GBLeoKernel]
SAMSUNG GS2 - Galaxy HD2 TouchWiz 4.5 [GB 2.3.7][Duo Kernel][MAG/CLK
MCCM HD v6 / WP7.5 - 7.10.7720.68
PREVIOUS PHONE'S: HTC HD2, NOKIA E65, MOTOROLA A1000
 
0711
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 168
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEDSTER1972 View Post
will this update kill chevron etc on hd2
no chevron after update...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEDSTER1972 View Post
or will hd2 users be able to update without fear of bricking or blocking wp7 on hd2.
if hd2 will be fine after update i can't wait for february.
i miss live streaming, tvcatchup & myplayer.
Bring It On.
Please

Cheers
nobody knows if you can brick or block your device with the upcoming update...i think its no problem to update, many others think different.
Want to get out the Carriers and OEM`s out of the Windows Phone Updates?
VOTE FOR IT

Windows Phone Tango IE Bug
 
P$YCH0
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 47
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0711 View Post
no chevron after update...

nobody knows if you can brick or block your device with the upcoming update...i think its no problem to update, many others think different.
I'm with you on this one.

Think about it people, there are many different models from different hardware vendors, Microsoft won't be stupid enough to touch individual drivers used to run hardware, they will only update the software on top (the one we are already using) so I believe it will work just fine.

That is unless they've teamed up with HTC and decided to change the device identification system and ban a couple of thousand HD2 users. Not a likely scenario as it would simply be too much hassle (work).
 
Bimboy
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 491
Join Date: Dec 2006
Cotulla and Bepe tweaked and rewrote drivers to get the HD7 able to run WP7. We are also spoofing our devices to appear as HD7s to MS. If we do get a pushed update, and that update replaces any of those tweaked drivers, our devices will stop functioning or have broken functionality...

The HD7 is similar to the HD2, but it's not the same device with a different OS.
Retired: ATT Tilt (Kaiser), ATT Fuze (Raph110), HTC HD2 (Leo - T-Mo US), Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy S II Hercules, Samsung Galaxy S III
Nook Color - Rooted & OC 1.2 Ghz
ATT Samsung Galaxy S 4 - awaiting MF3 solutions
 
jzack
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 77
Join Date: Oct 2010
i believe it wont brick ur device.. cuz microsoft cant even detect that u are using hd2.. even the hd2 think that he is hd7.. lol.. unless u already said that u are using hd2 when asking for genuine key to access live service!! but i guess they will only block the key.. they wont brick it >.<
 
Bimboy
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 491
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzack View Post
i believe it wont brick ur device.. cuz microsoft cant even detect that u are using hd2.. even the hd2 think that he is hd7.. lol.. unless u already said that u are using hd2 when asking for genuine key to access live service!! but i guess they will only block the key.. they wont brick it >.<
I didn't mention bricking...

We have a modified image that allows usage of the HD2 Wifi, GPS, Display, BT, Touchscreen, etc. It is not a stock HD7 ROM. If/when MS makes the update available, if it touches those tweaked drivers, it will likely break that functionality on the HD2.

We will need a new image rolled from the new source, if it does touch the tweaked drivers. You can't load any HTC WP7 build on the HD2, and expect it to work. It has to be specific to the device. We do not have a HD7, but we trick MS into thinking we have a HD7 for the purpose of making applications work (not drivers).
Retired: ATT Tilt (Kaiser), ATT Fuze (Raph110), HTC HD2 (Leo - T-Mo US), Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy S II Hercules, Samsung Galaxy S III
Nook Color - Rooted & OC 1.2 Ghz
ATT Samsung Galaxy S 4 - awaiting MF3 solutions
 
P$YCH0
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 47
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimboy View Post
I didn't mention bricking...

We have a modified image that allows usage of the HD2 Wifi, GPS, Display, BT, Touchscreen, etc. It is not a stock HD7 ROM. If/when MS makes the update available, if it touches those tweaked drivers, it will likely break that functionality on the HD2.

We will need a new image rolled from the new source, if it does touch the tweaked drivers. You can't load any HTC WP7 build on the HD2, and expect it to work. It has to be specific to the device. We do not have a HD7, but we trick MS into thinking we have a HD7 for the purpose of making applications work (not drivers).
As I said before, HD7 is NOT the ONLY windows phone 7 smartphone. Why would an OS update touch any drivers? Different phones use different chips and components and require different drivers so Microsoft would have to use a LOT of resources to cover all (or most) of the phones and each model would get a different SW update.
 
Bimboy
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 491
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by P$YCH0 View Post
As I said before, HD7 is NOT the ONLY windows phone 7 smartphone. Why would an OS update touch any drivers? Different phones use different chips and components and require different drivers so Microsoft would have to use a LOT of resources to cover all (or most) of the phones and each model would get a different SW update.
Name a multi-hardware phone OS that has ever released a substantial one-size-fits-all OS update before, please. They get rolled out by device. There's a reason for that. The device manufacturers need to validate that the update doesn't cause problems for each of their devices.

Do you really think all Bepe and Cotulla did was to get WP7 to boot, and everything was hunky dory, and it will never need further optimization?
Retired: ATT Tilt (Kaiser), ATT Fuze (Raph110), HTC HD2 (Leo - T-Mo US), Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy S II Hercules, Samsung Galaxy S III
Nook Color - Rooted & OC 1.2 Ghz
ATT Samsung Galaxy S 4 - awaiting MF3 solutions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more