Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RADIO] Newest Radio from Froyo OTA 1/21/2011

Tip us?

ChiefzReloaded
Old
(Last edited by ChiefzReloaded; 21st January 2011 at 11:43 PM.) Reason: Added mirror
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Cool [RADIO] Newest Radio from Froyo OTA 1/21/2011

Hey guys.... Thanks to a member here at XDA, Krylon360, I have gotten my hands on the unreleased 2.2.1 Espresso OTA and so as usual my first stop in is to provide the new radio update while I sort the patches out and get you guys a stock rooted ROM... So without further chit chat as I got some work ahead of me, heres the new radio update taking baseband to 7.15.35.16.... Havent noticed much change although I have also tested nothing speedwise tbh so I will let you all report back on these things.... Grab the radio update here or here and let me know of any improvements or even negative effects it has caused with data, battery life, wifi, etc.... A CR_Mod stock., rooted OTA will follow shortly and you guys can get your much awaited 2.2.1 Froyo Espresso on early since TMO wants to lag..... Have fun... CR

PS: I did this with an update script rather than an updater script as it was easiest in windows which Im on for the moment... I will convert to an updater script in a little while. What does this mean you ask? It means any of you who have flashed the unsupported as of yet CWM 3.0+ rec images that are floating around will not be able to flash the radio. To fix this, use rom manager to reflash the current supported CWM rec, flash the radio, and if you must, reflash the CWM 3.0+ rec in fastboot.

On June 16th of this year, I was diagnosed with a life threatening condition called "necrotizing fasciitis" and have been in the hospital most of the last 3 months. Sadly this has basically ruined our family financially and continues to dig us deeper. I have medical bills my wife and I can't pay upwards of $50k and growing weekly. If you like my work please consider making a donation towards my medical bills if you can help in any way. Any amount is greatly appreciated. If you cannot, please take a sec to hit the thanks button. Thank you for your continued support of my Android work over the last 3 years. It is greatly appreciated.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ChiefzReloaded For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

migueltherocker
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Flashing!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagantek View Post
From migueltherocker? yes, i'd like to try that. thanks
T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide (HTC Espresso) [The little engine that could] -> T-Mobile HD2 (HTC Leo) [Can do anything!... kindof] -> HTC Thunderbolt (Mecha) [So fast! When it's not overheating/rebooting...]

zerolgk5
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The new radio just doubled my download speed. Had to check it twice.

elry567
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Yeah same here awesome thnx cheifz much appreciated

katbastard
Old
Thanks Meter 2
thank you, flashing now
Black MyTouch Slide 4G
Got the MTS4G Free in a Warranty Return on my 3G!!!
r.i.p.
Black MyTouch Slide 3G

thebowers131
Old
Thanks Meter 1
just flashed over your 2.1 espresso rom and everythings running smoothly, will try speed tests now!!!

kb7sqi
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I've flashed it, but I'll have to wait till l8r to test it. Sounds like a nice update. Thanks!

sherman8or
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Any way you can release the unrooted ota while we wait for it to be rooted?

SefEXE
Old
(Last edited by SefEXE; 22nd January 2011 at 12:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 244
Holy cow, wasn't expecting this, downloading here in a sec and then flashing!

EDIT: I think I may have experienced a double in downloading speed... But I could just be thinking that's whats going on.

gamezonline
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Got to love when ChiefzReloaded popup with a new thread always a something good about to happen or have happen. Will steal my gf phone when she gets back home and try it out.

P.S. only thing i really want from that rom is the call over wifi app

Tags
espresso, froyo, ota, radio, slide