Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] Kongregate-Over 300 free flash games!

OP neotekz

22nd January 2011, 11:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 156

1,330 posts
More
im not sure if this is a repost but check out this app...it has over 300 free flash games you can download. For some reason google banned this app from the marketplace so you have to go download it from their website, google kongregate android.
The Following User Says Thank You to neotekz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2011, 03:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3

65 posts
More
Well, I've also been playing those games directly from my phone's browser (Miren) and it works!
29th January 2011, 02:03 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 12

46 posts
More
Works great
29th January 2011, 07:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 202

924 posts
More
Id find out why it was banned before installing it. Just my 2c
29th January 2011, 08:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Virginia Beach, Va.
Thanks Meter: 39

331 posts
More
It's back on the market now.
29th January 2011, 08:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 23

275 posts
Not on market
I run KAOS Froyo 2.2.1 and when I search the market, it is not there.
29th January 2011, 11:14 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

71 posts
anyone have the original apk that allows to install flash games to sd card? or that one doesn't work anymore because they updated the app?
30th January 2011, 12:59 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 179

721 posts
Angry
Just wait 5minutes, I'll post the original here.

edit:
Okay you can download the original (January 18/v1.0.8) apk from this site:
http://www.getjar.com/mobile/53364/k...xy-s/?s=phones

It is completely free, and this is the version that got banned from the Android Market.
Google say it is like an AppStore within the Android Market and I agree, but it is an awesomely free one with great titles!
And I still stand behind my reasoning that this "App" or "AppStore" wasn't threatening/damaging the Market in any way ... infact it was doing the exact opposite by bringing more titles to the Android platform (and enticing iOS/WP7 customers).

Why this older version is better than the new one (on the Android Market) is because it has the "offline mode". It automatically downloaded the flash games to your internal/SD card ... thus you don't need to constantly waste your time, money and internet allowance on re-downloading it again and again.

The new one sucks because it has no "offline mode" instead it tries to save the games to your browsers cache. I've noticed from experience once you have about a dozen or more games cached, the performance of the Android browser becomes slower. In fact, it pretty much overloaded mine, and the froyo system "fixed" the problem by clearing it automatically; making me lose my previous data and the games. I also think by exhausting the cache, this might cause faster battery drain from your device.

Here's a quick note, try to run as few Apps as possible when trying to play these flash games. This thing will cripple older/slower devices, and will give newer ones a lot of stress. If you do not close all the Apps, that's fine it might run a little slower, but make sure you definitely close down any internet browsers or Apps that use/stress the Flash 10.1 resources. Also, you can control which directory the games will be downloaded to (either to internal or to SDcard), so choose depending on your personal space needs. (I'm using a Galaxy S I9000 with stock froyo)

If you download from another source and want to test if its the original (superior) version, you can do so by:
Downloading/Opening/Playing any game (eg Ink Ball). Then exited the app and disable any internet connections (switch on Flight mode). Re-open the App. Try playing the same game (eg Ink Ball) ... if it enters/resumes (congrats you have the original version) otherwise it will come with a note about getting an internet connection.
Last edited by Kangal; 30th January 2011 at 01:51 AM. Reason: posting link
The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2011, 02:36 AM   |  #9  
Flag Mankato, MN

6 posts
More
Go GameStop for making this available again!
30th January 2011, 06:26 AM   |  #10  

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekin

Just wait 5minutes, I'll post the original here.

edit:
Okay you can download the original (January 18/v1.0.8) apk from this site:
http://www.getjar.com/mobile/53364/k...xy-s/?s=phones

It is completely free, and this is the version that got banned from the Android Market.
Google say it is like an AppStore within the Android Market and I agree, but it is an awesomely free one with great titles!
And I still stand behind my reasoning that this "App" or "AppStore" wasn't threatening/damaging the Market in any way ... infact it was doing the exact opposite by bringing more titles to the Android platform (and enticing iOS/WP7 customers).

Why this older version is better than the new one (on the Android Market) is because it has the "offline mode". It automatically downloaded the flash games to your internal/SD card ... thus you don't need to constantly waste your time, money and internet allowance on re-downloading it again and again.

The new one sucks because it has no "offline mode" instead it tries to save the games to your browsers cache. I've noticed from experience once you have about a dozen or more games cached, the performance of the Android browser becomes slower. In fact, it pretty much overloaded mine, and the froyo system "fixed" the problem by clearing it automatically; making me lose my previous data and the games. I also think by exhausting the cache, this might cause faster battery drain from your device.

Here's a quick note, try to run as few Apps as possible when trying to play these flash games. This thing will cripple older/slower devices, and will give newer ones a lot of stress. If you do not close all the Apps, that's fine it might run a little slower, but make sure you definitely close down any internet browsers or Apps that use/stress the Flash 10.1 resources. Also, you can control which directory the games will be downloaded to (either to internal or to SDcard), so choose depending on your personal space needs. (I'm using a Galaxy S I9000 with stock froyo)

If you download from another source and want to test if its the original (superior) version, you can do so by:
Downloading/Opening/Playing any game (eg Ink Ball). Then exited the app and disable any internet connections (switch on Flight mode). Re-open the App. Try playing the same game (eg Ink Ball) ... if it enters/resumes (congrats you have the original version) otherwise it will come with a note about getting an internet connection.

does this older(original) version still gets updates? like new flash games and etc?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread