Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more
Post Reply

Enable Screen Timeout Never Option

OP slysy

22nd January 2011, 02:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I've noticed on some phones such as Samsung Omnia 7, the option to set screen timeout to never had been removed. It is available on other phones such as HTC HD7. Does anyone know of a way to enable the option on phones where it's missing?
The Following User Says Thank You to slysy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2011, 04:10 PM   |  #2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 240
 
881 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
i just searched for it and found it

here you go
HKey_Local_Machine --> Control Panel --> Lock --> DisableNever key is set to dword:1 set this to dword:0

this will add the never option to your list of options
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marvin_S For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2011, 05:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Thanks Marvin_S
22nd January 2011, 10:05 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Zurich
Thanks Meter: 32
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Why do companies like Samsung just remove this option?
22nd January 2011, 11:43 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Because it can cause damage to the screens if left on all the time. Remember the two Samsung WP7 phones have SAMOLED screens - all others have LCD of some sort.
22nd January 2011, 11:56 PM   |  #6  
Aaron McCarthy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
1,361 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepinJesus

Because it can cause damage to the screens if left on all the time. Remember the two Samsung WP7 phones have SAMOLED screens - all others have LCD of some sort.

I know for this much that its a HUGE pain in the but while trying to use bing to navigate while driving... constantly having to "tap" the screen to keep it from turning off.

They could at least have an option to have it so it doesnt shut off while certain aps are running.
23rd January 2011, 12:18 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron McCarthy

I know for this much that its a HUGE pain in the but while trying to use bing to navigate while driving... constantly having to "tap" the screen to keep it from turning off.

They could at least have an option to have it so it doesnt shut off while certain aps are running.

Once Bing Maps introduces turn-by-turn navigation (inevitable) they may implement something that lets the screen go to sleep between instructions, but wake up at important parts. Tom Tom have something like that on their devices...
23rd January 2011, 11:44 AM   |  #8  
AawarA's Avatar
Junior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_S

i just searched for it and found it

here you go
HKey_Local_Machine --> Control Panel --> Lock --> DisableNever key is set to dword:1 set this to dword:0

this will add the never option to your list of options

Thanks but how can I access this registry?
23rd January 2011, 01:43 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Zurich
Thanks Meter: 32
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
You have to have a Chevron-unlocked WP7-Device and a Registry Viewer App. Then you can change it.
The Following User Says Thank You to -WP7User- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2011, 05:18 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Flag Camarillo
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiKamp

You have to have a Chevron-unlocked WP7-Device and a Registry Viewer App. Then you can change it.

My Focus is developer-unlocked and I successfully changed the registry value ( DisableNever is 0), but no joy. I even did a hard reset on the phone. Screen time-out options still only show values from 30 secs. to 5 mins. Any suggestions?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes