Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I just got an epic. I am used to HTC phones so had a few questions.
1. Can you change the shortcuts on the drop down menu (wifi, 4g etc) to something else?
2. I saw CNN and a few other apps on my screen when I got the phone. I removed them off the screen but don't see them in my app drawer.
3. Gonna root it today, can I put 2.2 if I am rooted.
I really like this phone. Like the screens and menus much better than HTC.
1. I haven't seen anyone change it so im not sure about that.
2. Cnn and espn were just bookmarks that the phone placed on your homescreen; they weren't actual apps.
3. You don't need to be rooted to apply 2.2. In fact, if you look around the forum, im sure you will find out that you can download the zipped leak, change the name to update.zip, and just apply the update in normal recovery mode. Id give you a link, but I should warn you, it will be a pain to revert to the official froyo update since you'll have to use odin to go back to stock 2.1, then apply the update.
Hope this answered some of your questions!
Sent from my Epic 4G
EPIC REVOLUTION FOR ANDROID