Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Touch Screen Broken!

OP Ghost_ghost123

23rd January 2011, 12:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
Hi all,

My touch screen has stopped working... most frustrated!

I have Task29'ed it and have re-installed the ROM but still have not got any response.

Was working, then put it in my pocket 2 hours later the time had reset and I had no response from the screen....

Any ideas?
23rd January 2011, 01:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 19

269 posts
Donate to Me
More
Common problem on HD2's. Send it in for repair.
23rd January 2011, 05:42 AM   |  #3  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 355

4,441 posts
In the past week I've seen about 12 people with messed up touch screens. That is very weird.
23rd January 2011, 11:52 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

101 posts
My touch Screen died too, yesterday. Suddenly I couln't unlock the phone, the screen just wouldn't reacht to my touches. So I restarted, then it worked fine for half an hour before freezing again. Now I cant get it to work anymore. I was running Windows Phone 7 when it happened, then flashed an Android ROM, the problem was still there.

So I need to know if it is possible to remove Nand Android and HSPL without the use of the touch screen at all? If I send it in now, with HSPL installed they sure as hell wont fix it.
23rd January 2011, 12:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
Interesting that so many are dying all of a sudden, looks like the digitizer is coming to the end of its useful life. How infuriating

Dont even know a company that would repair this other then HTC, and sod paying their charges! Ebay and HD7 here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoferr

So I need to know if it is possible to remove Nand Android and HSPL without the use of the touch screen at all? If I send it in now, with HSPL installed they sure as hell wont fix it.

You can reflash without touching the screen, turn it off, plug it into the PC and hold down the 'down' volume button which will put it into hard reset. Upload the original ROM.
23rd January 2011, 12:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

101 posts
I just flashed to the newest stock ROM with RUU. But when I go to bootloader it still says Cotulla HSPL What can I do to remove it and all traces of it?
23rd January 2011, 03:21 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago

269 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoferr

I just flashed to the newest stock ROM with RUU. But when I go to bootloader it still says Cotulla HSPL What can I do to remove it and all traces of it?

Second post.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914924
23rd January 2011, 05:59 PM   |  #8  

374 posts
Im curious, what OS were you running on the phone when this happened?
23rd January 2011, 06:55 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 63

992 posts
two of my friends have sent theirs back. they both got theirs about six months ago. perhaps there's some sort of lifespan on these touchscreens.I sold my hd2 to a friend and he's starting to complain about this issue as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfmartin

In the past week I've seen about 12 people with messed up touch screens. That is very weird.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
23rd January 2011, 08:33 PM   |  #10  
Flag Bucharest, Romania
Thanks Meter: 392

1,840 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trill12

Im curious, what OS were you running on the phone when this happened?

First of all, I am not blaming Cotulla or any developer. Also I don't blame nand or any type of software installation

What happened to me on Friday (and to my neighbor on Saturday), is it started when we flashed the Stock HTC ROM to go back from WP7.

Both our digitizers crapped out right there I say it's pure coincidence.. I'm just pissed off that after 7 months, I have to send my unit to the UK. (I bought it in Holland, but I live in Romania).

Oh well, going to call HTC tomorrow, and arrange an RMA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread