[SOLVED] Can't root! "E: signature verification failed"

23rd March 2011, 12:44 PM   |  #11  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 4

105 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am now having this issue as well. Do I really need to odin it back to 2.1?

I am trying to put Simply Galaxy/Sweet Honey 2.7.1 on my STOCK 2.2 .

Answer is appreciated .

Noob
23rd March 2011, 04:54 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Yes, you do have to go back to 2.1 before being able to flash any custom rom.
23rd March 2011, 05:21 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 16

21 posts
Thumbs up
Guys,

I have resolved this many many times... Just follow these steps -

Pre-requisite - Enable USB debugging on your phone and connect it to your pc.

1. Root your phone using SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse. You can get it at 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682'

2. Go to this thread and download the two files 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833423' - '3e_recovery_installer.zip' and 'update.zip (1.34 mb)'

2. Run install.bat from 3e_recovery_installer folder to rectify the the recovery signature checking.

3. Keep the just downloaded update.zip (1.34 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot.

Its not done yet.

4. Now get the actual clockwork mod recovery update.zip (1.72 mb). You can get this using ROM manager. Now put this update.zip (1.72 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot and will be back in samsung recovery mode. Select reinstall package again and bang... You should now be at cwm recovery :)

Did this help?
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kisfit2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2011, 05:27 PM   |  #14  

21 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by axesd

I am now having this issue as well. Do I really need to odin it back to 2.1?

I am trying to put Simply Galaxy/Sweet Honey 2.7.1 on my STOCK 2.2 .

Answer is appreciated .

Noob

Before installing a custom ROM, it is not mandatory to go back to stock 2.1. Generally it is just recommended when you are going from one custom ROM to another custom ROM and by going back to stock you avoid taking ghosts (issues) of one custom ROM to another.

So if you follow my instructions to resolve your cwm recovery for Stock 2.2, you should be good to go to Simply Galaxy/Sweet Honey 2.7.1 without going back to Stock 2.1.

Hope this helps...
23rd March 2011, 06:11 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 19

203 posts
Its a normal occurrence after upgrading through Kies to 2.2. The 3e recovery always used to work for me regarding the signature verification error. Accept the last time I tried it about a week ago it coukdnt get it to work for whatever reason.

So what I did was use odin & revert back to 2.1. Then root using one click root. Then just flash a 2.2 rom in clock work, Bionix for example. Then you will on 2.2. You will have no problem with the signature verification this way. Gluk

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to doin-it For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2011, 08:21 PM   |  #16  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisfit2000

Guys,

I have resolved this many many times... Just follow these steps -

Pre-requisite - Enable USB debugging on your phone and connect it to your pc.

1. Root your phone using SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse. You can get it at 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682'

2. Go to this thread and download the two files 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833423' - '3e_recovery_installer.zip' and 'update.zip (1.34 mb)'

2. Run install.bat from 3e_recovery_installer folder to rectify the the recovery signature checking.

3. Keep the just downloaded update.zip (1.34 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot.

Its not done yet.

4. Now get the actual clockwork mod recovery update.zip (1.72 mb). You can get this using ROM manager. Now put this update.zip (1.72 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot and will be back in samsung recovery mode. Select reinstall package again and bang... You should now be at cwm recovery :)

Did this help?

This is exactly what I did to get my Clockwork Recovery to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jo3f1sh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2011, 06:09 PM   |  #17  

21 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo3f1sh

This is exactly what I did to get my Clockwork Recovery to work.

Glad I could help
18th April 2011, 08:02 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
dissable signature verification
DISABLE E: SIGNATURE VERIFICATION ON SAMSUNG VIBRANT

Here goes steps to install this modified 3e Recovery:
PREREQUISITE

Working USB connection between your Vibrant and computer. You may setup ADB or install Kies on your computer.
INSTRUCTIONS

Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. We are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.

1. Download Modified Recovery 3e for Vibrant on to your computer and extract it’s content.

2. Put your Samsung Vibrant into “USB Debugging Mode”. To do it, go to “Applications”—> “Settings” –> “Applications” –> “Development” –> and check the box “USB debugging”.

3. Connect the Vibrant to computer via USB cable.

4. Run the “install.bat” file located in the extracted content.

5. Wait till the process completes.

That’s it. Your Vibrant should now have modified 3e Recovery that disables signature verification. You may now root the Samsung Vibrant or install ClockworkMod Recovery on it.

now try rooting with one click or manual
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3e_recovery_installer.zip - [Click for QR Code] (493.8 KB, 1722 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to d3adz0mbiefl3sh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2011, 10:59 PM   |  #19  
Flag Arlington, TX
Thanks Meter: 41

419 posts
More
What I did is, I odin back to 2.1
Then I used an app called Z4root to root the phone. Once there download CWM from tom manager and enjoy

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App
19th April 2011, 12:27 AM   |  #20  
Flag Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 57

734 posts
More
After hours of failing to root the device, I found this thread and thanks to Kisfit2000 I finally got this damn Vibrant root access. Thank you!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
<3e>, ka6, root, signature verification, vibrant
Previous Thread Next Thread