I was frustrated to find out that I was not able to connect my newly bought bluetooth keyboard. I could pair it within Bluetooth settings, but it always shows "Paired but not connected".
Even more frustrating is that the developers of apps which allow for a working connection to the keyboard are asking around 10 USD for the app.
I don't care about any features like shortcut keys and such. I just need a connected keyboard.
I decided to write an app which exactly does just this. For free, as it should be!
A service which connects your bluetooth keyboard device.
Android 2.3 has support for HID devices but is not able to connect bluetooth keyboard devices correctly (yet).
This service automates the connection to your keyboard.
There are no extra features like key mappings a.s. (yet)
This application needs superuser permissions!
You can find this app in Google Market. Search for "easyconnect"
BTW If anyone finds any bugs, or inability to connect a certain device, please let me know the details and I will work on a fix.
Thanx for sending logs, I fixed a number of issues:
- No longer scanning every 15 seconds. Instead it monitors connection state.
- Connection now is event driven. Device nearby will connect it.
- added notification of device connection
- Preventing Android from closing the service after a certain time.
Keep sending bug reports guys!
Compatible keyboard devices (from user comments):
- iGo Stowaway XTBT01
- CVDH-A66 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for Smartphones, iPad, iPhone, PS3, More
- Apple Bluetooth keyboard
- Freedom i-Connex Mini
- Broadcom Keyboard Device (German keyboard with annoyingly positioned connect button which needs a toothpick to be pressed)
Finally got some time to work on stability.
Let me know if you have troubles getting it to work for you.
Working on keymaps ;) as well
Fixed a FC on startup after installation