Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Which is 'OFFICIAL?'

OP pdefazio

23rd January 2011, 02:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

124 posts
I'm confused. Every official statement I've seen from T-Mobile has said the UVKA6 is the "official" update to 2.2:

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Samsun...ow/td-p/678871

But if you look in the development section everyone from Team Whiskey to Supercurio is calling KA7 official. AFAIK, Tmo has never made a reference to KA7. Do they know something I don't?

Any help or clarification would be appreciated.
23rd January 2011, 02:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 503

1,598 posts
More
imo i would go with team whiskey or supercurio they always seem to know alot more than what tmobile says.
23rd January 2011, 02:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

124 posts
But for something to be "official" it has to come from Tmo or Samsung, right?
23rd January 2011, 02:41 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I don't live in the US so i wouldn't know but I think they are all taking about an official OTA update (KA7) that was released in the US right after the KA6 update.

Maybe the KA7 they're talking about is not official, but a leak, which will make more sense, because, well, KA6 was just released

How far off am I?

Can we get an answer from someone who's up to date with the whole KA6/KA7 situation?
Last edited by alonsh4; 23rd January 2011 at 02:45 PM.
23rd January 2011, 02:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsh4

I don't live in the US so i wouldn't know but I think they are all taking about an official OTA update (KA7) that was released in the US right after the KA6 update.

Maybe the KA7 they're talking about is not official, but a leak, which will make more sense, because, well, KA6 was just released

How far off am I?

Can we get answer from someone who's up to date with the whole KA6/KA7 situation?

That's why I am confused. As far as I know KA7 is a leak. KA6 is official. But they are all calling KA7 official. I don't know who is right, but the reason I am asking is because I'd like to stay with the "official" as a base for a while. Just don't know what that is...
23rd January 2011, 02:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
According to T-Mobile KA6 is officially not available OTA, you could stick with that for official or flash whatever the Devs call official as it will probably be better anyway. KA6 is the "official" T-Mobile will look into if you show them your phone, my guess.
23rd January 2011, 03:21 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chillicothe, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 97

585 posts
More
Look at it this way....KA6 is "Official"..thru mini kies... KA7 will be "Official OTA" and an update to the mini kies version.
23rd January 2011, 03:23 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 393

1,824 posts
More
yeah TW is very reputable

they know what they are saying
23rd January 2011, 05:56 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcghee1973

Look at it this way....KA6 is "Official"..thru mini kies... KA7 will be "Official OTA" and an update to the mini kies version.

How do you know KA7 will be "official OTA" or even that there will be such a thing?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
Last edited by pdefazio; 23rd January 2011 at 06:27 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread