Android Phones with Call Recording Function
I would like to compile a list of Android phones that either...
1) Come with native call recording functionality.
2) Support call recording with 3rd party app/hack/ROM.
So that people who want this function can make a better purchase judgement. It would be great if you can lend a hand.
Please note that phones/apps that require using speakerphones (i.e. muffled voice from the other side; cannot record while headsets are used) to record the calls do *not* count. You can test by recording with a headset, Bluetooth or wired, and see if the voices from both sides are still loud and clear.
Most, if not all, "call recorder" apps on Android Market make use of such "speakerphone" hacks.
Please don't bring legality discussions
here as well.
: It is obvious now that this issue is not
of Google origin, but of individual maker/carrier's decision, so choose wisely (and complaining to Google is unlikely to help.) The key, so it seems, is proper software (e.g. kernel, libraries) support.
Models that have this function built-in.
Models that don't have this function built-in but can use a 3rd party app/hack/ROM to record calls in both ways without turning on speakerphone.
- Meizu M9
- Motorola Defy (Chinese mainland version ME525)
- Motorola Milestone (with Chinese 2.2 ROM; Thanks to ystong)
- Motorola XT701
- Samsung Galaxy S (South Korean version SHW-M110S, with firmware DH09 or newer)
- Developer skvalex claims his/her app can work with a number of devices from HTC and other makers, utilizing certain Qualcomm and Samsung processors, with custom kernel and root. Although I suspect that with proper kernel, a few other call recording apps, perhaps even free ones, would work as well.
The original issue 2117: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2117
Original thread: http://androidforums.com/android-lou...-function.html