Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Dell 318/319/339 Gingerbread Notification Bar (Updated March 25)

OP jhotmann

24th January 2011, 07:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 370

456 posts
More
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any harm done to your phone, proceed at your own risk. Tested personally on 319 and 339, tested by The Jack Of Clubs on 318.

318 users, please make a nandroid backup before flashing. 319/339 users since you cannot make a nandroid backup, please copy the framework-res.apk and services.odex files from /system/framework/ and store in a safe place (preferably on your computer).

Instructions on how to install.

1. 318 users made a nandroid backup. 319/339 users make a backup of your framework-res.apk and services.odex. This can be done several ways including...
a) Using root explorer navigate to /system/framework/ and copying framework-res.apk and services.odex to a safe location on your sdcard
b) using adb: in command prompt cd to the location of adb and type (without quotes) "adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk" then move this file to a safe location on your computer, repeat for services.odex.

2. Download the appropriate zip that is attached to this post and place it in the root of your sdcard

3. Boot your streak into recovery (either Clockwork or Streakmod)

4. Once into recovery flash the zip file and then reboot.

5. Your phone may take slightly longer to boot the first time.

If for some reason your phone hangs endlessly at the dell logo/boot animation or enters a boot loop then reboot back into recovery and either restore your backup or push the framework-res.apk and services.odex backups using adb.

(All icons taken from the framework-res.apk on a friend's t-mobile g2 running cm7 so all credit should really go to the cyanogenmod team and google)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gingerbar.jpg
Views:	3822
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	500109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gingerbar2.png
Views:	2513
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	500110  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Streak319Gingerbar-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.52 MB, 115 views)
File Type: zip Streak318Gingerbar-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.41 MB, 147 views)
File Type: zip 339Gingerbar-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.60 MB, 141 views)
Last edited by jhotmann; 25th March 2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: 339 added
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jhotmann For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2011, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 469

2,723 posts
More
neat. you should get it working for 318. and if the clock worked, id prolly do it. and also get rid of the carrier text.
25th January 2011, 01:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colorado

456 posts
More
I think I have figured out the clock color. I will test when I get home later. If you or someone else with the 318 version want to copy your framework-res.apk from your /system/framework folder and attach it to this thread I could easily make this for the 318 version as well.

Sent from my Dell Streak Froyo v.319
25th January 2011, 06:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag Houston

2,723 posts
More
db.tt/KEBcj3S there you go. im using the performance fix at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848487 not sure if that brings a modded framework.
25th January 2011, 08:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colorado

456 posts
More
I will have a look at that tomorrow night and see what I can do. Hopefully the 318 will be more kind when it comes to clock color!
25th January 2011, 05:09 PM   |  #6  
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Flag Blackpool UK
Thanks Meter: 1,485

9,512 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice work thanks for this
25th January 2011, 05:28 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colorado

456 posts
More
A quick update. I have finally, after many google searches, found where to change the clock color. I should get that taken care of tonight as well as making this for everyone who runs 318 (thanks to The Jack of Clubs for sharing his framework files with me). I will also make update.zip's to make installation easier.

Look for an update late tonight if you are interested, around 1am Mountain Time or hopefully sooner depending on when I can get home from work.
26th January 2011, 06:38 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colorado

456 posts
More
Notification bar complete! zip's attached
26th January 2011, 08:40 PM   |  #9  
Flag Houston

2,723 posts
More
im getting stuck with the endless boot loop animation thing. i restored my backed up files.

heres what i have from 318 on my phone.
http://db.tt/KEBcj3S framework-res.apk
http://db.tt/1MfWTlm services.jar
http://db.tt/Y6gOliN services.odex
26th January 2011, 09:16 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colorado

456 posts
More
In order to narrow down the problem will you try something for me?

if you extract the framework-res.apk from the 318 zip, put it in the same folder on your computer as adb and boot into recovery. Then open a command prompt to the folder containing adb and the .apk (on your computer) and type these commands, each line followed by enter:

adb shell
mount /system/
exit
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

then reboot your phone.

that way I'll know if its the framework-res.apk or the services.odex that is causing the problem (my guess is that it's the framework-res that's the problem, which is an easier fix)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread